List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Jobe Shanahan (194cm, Key Forward, Allies)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
In our position, the only type of player I'd be willing to stump up bulk picks for would be someone like Finn Callaghan (as he's only 21, can play inside and outside, and has great skills and pace).

Otherwise, hold the picks at all costs as they're going to be juicy for a couple of years. No burning picks on luxury older players unless Goodwin is gone.
I don't think we're in a position to give up multiple picks for anyone unless it's crap ones. We need so much work

I don't think we're in a position to give up multiple picks for anyone unless it's crap ones. We need so much work
Inclined to agree – Callaghan just stands out as somebody who I could potentially see the argument for due to his skillset.

Callaghan, Rivers, Pickett, Windsor, Tholstrup and maybe McVee all rotating through the midfield would be good to watch at least...until Goodwin ruins them all.

Inclined to agree – Callaghan just stands out as somebody who I could potentially see the argument for due to his skillset.

Callaghan, Rivers, Pickett, Windsor, Tholstrup and maybe McVee all rotating through the midfield would be good to watch at least...until Goodwin ruins them all.
On his own yeah he's a gun, I think I'm just reassessing what I think we are right now and I think we're ****ed. I think this list has been ridden into the ground and we need a rebuild. Not a full full one but not as far off it as I thought, this ain't a one year fix imo

On his own yeah he's a gun, I think I'm just reassessing what I think we are right now and I think we're ****ed. I think this list has been ridden into the ground and we need a rebuild. Not a full full one but not as far off it as I thought, this ain't a one year fix imo
With you on that 100%, but I reckon we're only 1-2 mids (good ball users) away from having that part of the ground in decent shape for the medium-long term.

That being said, taking a huge leap of faith with midfield Rivers, who I genuinely think will be our best player within the next two years or so. Shits me to no end that it's taken a season-ending injury to Trac for Goodwin to try the most obvious positional change on our entire list.

Backing McVee to have an impact through that part of the ground too in three years or however the **** long it takes for Goodwin to see the light there.

But yeah, probably best just taking all the picks we can to the draft and giving the young guys we've got a chance with more responsibility.

Nek Minnit Goody recruits Will Brodie, Sam Berry and Tom Mitchell

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Can almost guarantee Brodie will be on our list next year lol

I genuinely think we are stuffed, aside from Kozzy no obvious AA talent under 25 (Could argue McVee and Riv but debatable). Need to rip it up and draft as much as possible.

In our position, the only type of player I'd be willing to stump up bulk picks for would be someone like Finn Callaghan (as he's only 21, can play inside and outside, and has great skills and pace).

Otherwise, hold the picks at all costs as they're going to be juicy for a couple of years. No burning picks on luxury older players unless Goodwin is gone.
I like Finn a lot but dont think id say he has pace. More a Pendles type of player.

I like Finn a lot but dont think id say he has pace. More a Pendles type of player.
Always seemed fairly quick to me, but maybe it's just because everything seems to slow down around him.

Might’ve lost a yard or two since he put on a bunch of size.

I genuinely think we are stuffed, aside from Kozzy no obvious AA talent under 25 (Could argue McVee and Riv but debatable). Need to rip it up and draft as much as possible.
Yep I think we're gonna see that guys like Bowey Sparrow Howes etc are just place fillers. They aren't players that will bring you to the top 4, alot like the players the tigers added in after their flag like Baker, Rioli, Balta etc. I also think the rate other teams around us are developing is a concern. Carlton are a mile Infront of us now, Sydney etc. An our best 2 players are about to retire.

I think if the opportunity to get a Finn Callaghan came up, you'd do it, but why would he come to us? We couldn't attract any decent talent when we were meant to be "good", No one will come now unless we pay stupid overs.
He's best mates with Howes mate, he's coming. We will get all the big names this year. Callaghan, Stengle and Lobb. Destination club. Who doesn't want to play in exciting 70 vs 68 matches in front of a 1/4 filled MCG?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GOOD/ELITE young Talent:
  • JVR
  • Kozzy
  • Rivers
  • Windsor
  • McVee?
  • Kolt??

Role Players:
  • Chandler
  • Bowey
  • Howes
  • Sparrow
  • Petty
  • Woewodin

Unknown/Jury's Out/Role Players at Best:
- Jefferson
-Sestan
  • Disco
  • Kynan Brown
  • AMW
  • Verrall

Shit:
- Laurie

Yeeeeee we're in big big trouble.

He's best mates with Howes mate, he's coming. We will get all the big names this year. Callaghan, Stengle and Lobb. Destination club. Who doesn't want to play in exciting 70 vs 68 matches in front of a 1/4 filled MCG?

67* not 68.

Don't you dare diminish our defensive efforts like that.

67* not 68.

Don't you dare diminish our defensive efforts like that.
That part of the score was us, we will be losing most of our games, however i fully believe Goody will transform the offense from a 67 point yawn fest to a 68 point juggernaut next year.

Remember when Goody said at the AGM that our aim is to score 1 more goal a game next year and now we are probably 2-3 goals worse off than we were in 2023? Good times.

Remember when Goody said at the AGM that our aim is to score 1 more goal a game next year and now we are probably 2-3 goals worse off than we were in 2023? Good times.
LOL it was one of those things when you hear it you think "Surely he's just foxing and doesn't actually mean that" same as when we recruited Grundy and he said "we don't actually know how it's going to work" Naaaaaah c'mon Goody you wouldn't actually recruit a player without some sort of plan? Oh shit he was actually being serious. Moron.

LOL it was one of those things when you hear it you think "Surely he's just foxing and doesn't actually mean that" same as when we recruited Grundy and he said "we don't actually know how it's going to work" Naaaaaah c'mon Goody you wouldn't actually recruit a player without some sort of plan? Oh shit he was actually being serious. Moron.
Dont fall for their preseason bullshit again next year, no membership til the coach is gone.

Gold Coast’s emerging ruckman Ned Moyle says Damien Hardwick’s arrival played a huge part in him signing a new four-year deal as he ignored interest from clubs including Collingwood, Melbourne and Adelaide.

The Herald Sun can reveal Moyle has knocked back rival offers to stay loyal despite co-captain Jarrod Witts signing a new two-year deal earlier in the season.

Gold Coast’s emerging ruckman Ned Moyle says Damien Hardwick’s arrival played a huge part in him signing a new four-year deal as he ignored interest from clubs including Collingwood, Melbourne and Adelaide.

The Herald Sun can reveal Moyle has knocked back rival offers to stay loyal despite co-captain Jarrod Witts signing a new two-year deal earlier in the season.

damn!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back