List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Jagga Smith (181cm, Midfielder, Oakleigh Chargers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josh Smillie (194cm, Midfielder, Eastern Ranges)

• Sam Lalor (187cm, Midfielder, GWV Rebels)

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

• Harry Armstrong (195cm, Key Forward, Sandringham Dragons)

• Harvey Langford (190cm, Midfielder/Forward, Dandenong Stingrays)

• Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Joe Berry (180 cm, Small Forward, Murray Bushrangers)

• Jobe Shanahan (194cm, Key Forward, Allies)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Imacelebrityau GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

This will be McDonald's and potentially May's last year. Lever can't defend a man- Petty & Turner stuck up forward. No way we would be a chance to land SDK but we definitely need another quality key back.

I don't disagree we need another quality key back at some stage, but I think we're sorted for the time being (Petty and/or Turner should move back as soon as May and McDonald tip over the cliff).

Considering SDK would cost an arm and a leg, I'd want to spend any draft capital through the midfield at the moment considering how bare our cupboard is there.

I don't disagree we need another quality key back at some stage, but I think we're sorted for the time being (Petty and/or Turner should move back as soon as May and McDonald tip over the cliff).

Considering SDK would cost an arm and a leg, I'd want to spend any draft capital through the midfield at the moment considering how bare our cupboard is there.
Yep for sure- no way SDK would want to come here and no way i'd want to stump up what the cats are asking for. Agree midfield is the biggest priority.

Nows a shit time too, **** giving up a top 5 pick, the time to strike would be with a pick 10-20 and SDK asking to leave.
Yeah, I'll be pretty livid if we pass up the opportunity to bring in a high-level mid with that pick. Same reason I don't really want Trainor – yes, KPDs are super important, but not with a top-five pick.

Yeah, I'll be pretty livid if we pass up the opportunity to bring in a high-level mid with that pick. Same reason I don't really want Trainor – yes, KPDs are super important, but not with a top-five pick.
Unless you're in the window to win and someone like may is available but we ain't

stEdy called this four years in advance. The Anti-Sandra :eekv1:

Alex Neal Bullen will be traded to Adelaide at the end of the year.

Take it to the bank

Threw 15 names up for the early poll. If you feel like a big ol' reach and want your preference added, let me know.

15 options, and one of the six votes so far is already for 'other'. I'm not very good at this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Peatling is staying at GWS but jeez he'd be an insanely good replacement for Nibs.

His game on Zorko last week was fantastic. Manic pressure, kicked 2 good opportunistic goals, got in Zorko's face and unnerved him a bit (Zorko gave away a dumb free off the ball) and his tackling/pressure led to other goals.

They had to flip Zorko forward, which actually ended up working out for them, but I was really impressed with his game. Had 12 tackles and kicked a goal against Swans whilst keeping Gulden's impact down as well.

Would be perfect as a defensively minded mid as he's actually got some toe and loves a tackle.

Sounds like Peatling is staying at GWS but jeez he'd be an insanely good replacement for Nibs.

His game on Zorko last week was fantastic. Manic pressure, kicked 2 good opportunistic goals, got in Zorko's face and unnerved him a bit (Zorko gave away a dumb free off the ball) and his tackling/pressure led to other goals.

They had to flip Zorko forward, which actually ended up working out for them, but I was really impressed with his game. Had 12 tackles and kicked a goal against Swans whilst keeping Gulden's impact down as well.

Would be perfect as a defensively minded mid as he's actually got some toe and loves a tackle.
Throw Brayshaw's money at him!!! Get it done Dees

Throw Brayshaw's money at him!!! Get it done Dees
This is exactly the sort of dumb shit we do and I don't want us to do. Giving Peatling a Brayshaw deal would be ****ing ******ed.

Nows a shit time too, **** giving up a top 5 pick, the time to strike would be with a pick 10-20 and SDK asking to leave.
Agree 100%. Be nice if we could get out shit together and be a destination club who actually gets a bloody freebie from time to time too.

Watching UFA (actual good ones) going to other teams is painful when combined with all the father son and academy players... Feels like we are going backwards fast.

The sadistic part of me wants May, McDonald etc to all fall off a perch and have no ready replacement so that they are forced to change the gameplan to something more attacking to compensate.

I like him but feel like he is getting overhyped. We would still have to trade for him too.

Would we want to give up big money, long contract and draft capital for him? I think not.
I like him too, but Brayshaw money? GTFOH. Brayshaw didnt deserve Brayshaw money, Peatling definitely doesnt.

Looking at some of the highlights I think Xavier Lindsay’s was more impressive than Murphy Reid.
ESPN have him at pick 7 and Reid at 16 in their phantom draft.

Cal Twomey has Reid at 5 and Lindsay at 18.

I’m certain everything will tighten up in the week prior to the draft, but that’s a fair difference.

ESPN have him at pick 7 and Reid at 16 in their phantom draft.

Cal Twomey has Reid at 5 and Lindsay at 18.

I’m certain everything will tighten up in the week prior to the draft, but that’s a fair difference.
ESPN's rankings are generally a bit all over the place aren't they?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back