List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Joe Berry (180 cm, Small Forward, Murray Bushrangers)

• Jobe Shanahan (194cm, Key Forward, Allies)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Yeah I’m as doom and gloom as anyone but all the CFL is stacked against us is a bit of a cop out. Good clubs find a way. We’ve just got to stop being utter dickheads and make some tough calls.
yeah it's not like we are a perfectly run club and the only reason we're not contending is because of the intrinsic advantages of clubs like Sydney, geelong etc.

Even despite all the dumb shit constantly going on at the club we still managed to snag a flag with a run of good drafting and some AFL assisted Peter Jackson time.

An established home base, good facilities and a board that isn't filled with self serving arseholes would help greatly though.

Geelong at the end of the day are a bloody well run club top to bottom and have been for many years. That they also enjoy a geographical advantage that is attractive to the likes of Cameron and Dangerfield, and a tightly held electorate which generates very healthy government funding for their home ground and training ground is about a thousand cherries on top.

In hindsight, **** Geelong.

Tough to choose between Reid and Armstrong in the poll. Reid is exactly what we need in the midfield, but from the little bit of the U18's that I've seen, I couldn't help but think how much better our forward line would be over the next decade with Armstrong in there with JVR.

Tough to choose between Reid and Armstrong in the poll. Reid is exactly what we need in the midfield, but from the little bit of the U18's that I've seen, I couldn't help but think how much better our forward line would be over the next decade with Armstrong in there with JVR.
If we burn another first round pick on a key forward I'll completely be done with us. Our teams got so many more holes than a second key forward

Yeah I’m as doom and gloom as anyone but all the CFL is stacked against us is a bit of a cop out. Good clubs find a way. We’ve just got to stop being utter dickheads and make some tough calls.
This starts and ends with weak direction of our club from board level, and down the chain.

Other 'big' clubs won't take this sort of shyte laying down, and take the AFL to task... and this is how those big clubs got to be BIG.

Our connection with the Mcc over the decades has us behaving far too much in the face of the AFL. We are too mild mannered and polite a club.

If we burn another first round pick on a key forward I'll completely be done with us. Our teams got so many more holes than a second key forward
I want a midfielder that can find space and kick. Doesn’t have to be a Petracca, such beasts are not common, but someone who can get high goal assists in the same manner would make a difference. Not just contest/dee-fence in every game. ATM even when we win it looks dull, or like we’re just dragging down our opponent to our level. Often both.

I’m looking forward to 2025. Mostly so I can watch how GWS come along.

Of those in the poll, who's closest in style to Windsor?

I want us to draft them.
Good call. I like Windsor. He brings a point of difference. We could benefit from that.

Who in the draft has the best shoulders?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints, Tiges and Freo fans voting in this poll like it's going to influence anything lol

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back