List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:

Playing devils avocado here, what if Pert is playing the fall guy for the footy department or there is a divide and they want to get rid of Oliver but the coach doesnt?
You know what, putting on a pantomime of being a completely dysfunctional mess just to protect Goodwin's reputation does seem like the sort of hare-brained scheme that only we could come up with.

CAT STAYING​

GEELONG premiership defender Sam De Koning won't be going anywhere, with the Cats youngster set on staying at GMHBA Stadium.

De Koning's name has continued to be floated as a trade option after he wasn't selected for the Cats' finals series but the 23-year-old has no interest in changing clubs and is not intending to seek a trade.

His manager, Robbie D'Orazio from Connors Sports Management, confirmed De Koning was happy at the Cats and has not and would not be exploring any move.

De Koning is contracted for 2025 at the Cats and played 19 games this season, but missed selection in the Cats' preliminary final after a late-season knee injury.

The 2022 premiership backman has played 62 games for Geelong since making his debut in 2021.

Giants wait on compo call, talks to heat up, Cat staying put

You know what, putting on a pantomime of being a completely dysfunctional mess just to protect Goodwin's reputation does seem like the sort of hare-brained scheme that only we could come up with.
The best part about this is Gary Pert potentially lied to the nuffy lady from the cheersquad on demonland. Man she must be fuming right now, id have that post of hers bookmarked if this trade happens ready to fire 😂

If there's even any tiny bit of truth to the Pert stuff, he's untenable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Totally agree. Basically the icing on the cake of an unfixable and toxic culture. If it’s true (hard to gauge truth in media at trade time) we would be better off clearing out pretty much everybody and conducting a lottery amongst Melbourne Bigfooty posters to take up the unfilled positions.

If this happens I hope very much that Topkent draws the Comms manager role. The circles and arrows on ball drop technique in goal-kicking are a shitload more interesting then the demon spirit we have been enduring for a number of years

CAT STAYING

GEELONG premiership defender Sam De Koning won't be going anywhere, with the Cats youngster set on staying at GMHBA Stadium.

De Koning's name has continued to be floated as a trade option after he wasn't selected for the Cats' finals series but the 23-year-old has no interest in changing clubs and is not intending to seek a trade.

His manager, Robbie D'Orazio from Connors Sports Management, confirmed De Koning was happy at the Cats and has not and would not be exploring any move.

De Koning is contracted for 2025 at the Cats and played 19 games this season, but missed selection in the Cats' preliminary final after a late-season knee injury.

The 2022 premiership backman has played 62 games for Geelong since making his debut in 2021.

Giants wait on compo call, talks to heat up, Cat staying put

That's what they all say initially.

I doubt it, I truely expect him to be on our list in 2 weeks time.
So do I.

I think he’s been given the go-ahead to look around, but there will be a difference in what we require and what other clubs will be prepared to pay at this point.

After that we just cross fingers and hope he can get to a better level next season than he was this season.

Refuse to enjoy any of this till it actually happens. That fat campaigner will be back torping clearances to no one next year
I want him to get better and restore his legacy and stop having to hear Master Kent calling him a fat campaigner every other time.

It may be that another club can do this and I don’t mind. And it might be the better thing for Melbourne’s list build to go this way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say this was crazy except it isn’t.

I love a good three way.
Everyone who says that makes it clear that they haven’t had the opportunity.

Everyone who doesn’t say that has also likely never had the opportunity.

Jesus does it run until 10pm?
Came as a surprise to me.

I tried listening a few years back and packed it in quickly. It’s woeful, plus every other thought that enters one of these giant brains gets posted on socials and then turned into a think piece by “legitimate” media so there is no good reason to tune in.

Right. I had to weigh up whether I will say this or not, and have decided to do it.

Clayton Oliver is a man who came into the club pretty raw. He did a bunch of silly things at first but then changed himself very young to become a professional athlete and to make the most of his talent. He won 4 Blueys, 3 times all Australian, 2 AFL coaches awards. He has a lot of talent, yes, but that doesn’t buy you that kind of resume on its own. He was clearly a driven, professional trainer and athlete and earned those accolades.

Then it changed very quickly. I’m literally astonished that I seem to be the only person who thinks there must be a reason, and a good one, for this abrupt change. I agree that his issues have been bad for the club, and that he burned his teammates. But he burned himself and his legacy even worse. This just happened. It wasn’t a strategy he dreamt up one night to troll the MFC members or randoms on Bigfooty.

Melbourne are the dumbest football club imaginable but they are slightly less dumb than posters on this board. They have realised that there are real issues at play here. It seemed so freaking obvious when their messaging swung from “he has to meet standards” to “we need to wrap our arms around him”. This is what happens when there are issues that change a person’s behaviour and you start to understand what they are. You can be simultaneously angry with a person and sympathise with them. I have reason to know this. Chances are he will be stuck with these opposing reactions for the rest of his life. I don’t care what he is paid. Nobody with any sense should envy him.

I remember his achievements as a great player for this club. This doesn’t mean I am blind to the problems he may have caused to our club. I would just recommend that when you are shitposting revolting thoughts about a fellow human being you take into account all of the things he has accomplished, not just the recent issues. Or even take account of his being a fellow human being.

I am personally glad that our club has tried to help him, though it may be that our club which seems incapable of helping itself might not be the best doctor. It may well be that his best chance of recovering himself and his legacy, if it can be done, is elsewhere. I don’t mind. I would like to see him play good football again and even more than that be happy. He’s a person.

I think it is totally reasonable to debate whether his contract was a poor decision by the club. I think it is totally reasonable to discuss whether he should or should not be traded. That’s what footy forums are for. For all of us to pretend in our own heads that we would make better decisions. We might even be right, our club doesn’t inspire confidence.

But the fat campaigner stuff and the ginger campaigner stuff is repulsive. It’s repulsive in any setting, but to say it about someone who has achieved as much as a man so young is bizarre. It’s clear that the people who say these things under our assumed names think that it’s harmless and have no thought to whether he, family, friends might be reading all of this. And if you don’t give a shit about Oliver or family, I’m reading it and find it really upsetting. I like this board and it’s a lot of fun and I really enjoy reading the posts of regulars and newer posters. I hope some of you enjoy mine. So if you don’t give a shit about what Clayton Oliver’s family might feel reading these things, maybe you might consider me who finds it distressing? It makes me really unhappy to read this stuff, even when thinly disguised as a joke. If you don’t care about that there’s nothing I can do. I’ve disclosed, and you get to listen or give me the predictable haha reacts.

Also anyone who makes “fat ginger” posts who is older than age 7 really needs to have a look at themselves.

Right. I had to weigh up whether I will say this or not, and have decided to do it.

Clayton Oliver is a man who came into the club pretty raw. He did a bunch of silly things at first but then changed himself very young to become a professional athlete and to make the most of his talent. He won 4 Blueys, 3 times all Australian, 2 AFL coaches awards. He has a lot of talent, yes, but that doesn’t buy you that kind of resume on its own. He was clearly a driven, professional trainer and athlete and earned those accolades.

Then it changed very quickly. I’m literally astonished that I seem to be the only person who thinks there must be a reason, and a good one, for this abrupt change. I agree that his issues have been bad for the club, and that he burned his teammates. But he burned himself and his legacy even worse. This just happened. It wasn’t a strategy he dreamt up one night to troll the MFC members or randoms on Bigfooty.

Melbourne are the dumbest football club imaginable but they are slightly less dumb than posters on this board. They have realised that there are real issues at play here. It seemed so freaking obvious when their messaging swung from “he has to meet standards” to “we need to wrap our arms around him”. This is what happens when there are issues that change a person’s behaviour and you start to understand what they are. You can be simultaneously angry with a person and sympathise with them. I have reason to know this. Chances are he will be stuck with these opposing reactions for the rest of his life. I don’t care what he is paid. Nobody with any sense should envy him.

I remember his achievements as a great player for this club. This doesn’t mean I am blind to the problems he may have caused to our club. I would just recommend that when you are shitposting revolting thoughts about a fellow human being you take into account all of the things he has accomplished, not just the recent issues. Or even take account of his being a fellow human being.

I am personally glad that our club has tried to help him, though it may be that our club which seems incapable of helping itself might not be the best doctor. It may well be that his best chance of recovering himself and his legacy, if it can be done, is elsewhere. I don’t mind. I would like to see him play good football again and even more than that be happy. He’s a person.

I think it is totally reasonable to debate whether his contract was a poor decision by the club. I think it is totally reasonable to discuss whether he should or should not be traded. That’s what footy forums are for. For all of us to pretend in our own heads that we would make better decisions. We might even be right, our club doesn’t inspire confidence.

But the fat campaigner stuff and the ginger campaigner stuff is repulsive. It’s repulsive in any setting, but to say it about someone who has achieved as much as a man so young is bizarre. It’s clear that the people who say these things under our assumed names think that it’s harmless and have no thought to whether he, family, friends might be reading all of this. And if you don’t give a shit about Oliver or family, I’m reading it and find it really upsetting. I like this board and it’s a lot of fun and I really enjoy reading the posts of regulars and newer posters. I hope some of you enjoy mine. So if you don’t give a shit about what Clayton Oliver’s family might feel reading these things, maybe you might consider me who finds it distressing? It makes me really unhappy to read this stuff, even when thinly disguised as a joke. If you don’t care about that there’s nothing I can do. I’ve disclosed, and you get to listen or give me the predictable haha reacts.

Also anyone who makes “fat ginger” posts who is older than age 7 really needs to have a look at themselves.
It's midnight, can you please give a tldr

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back