List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbf, Edmund also said the indiscretions weren't massive, and he was in a great mental space at the moment. Had already started training at the club ahead of preseason.

Still doesn't mean we should retain him at all costs, and relationships at the club aren't at breaking point.

Fwiw, a fresh start might be best for all parties. I hope he gets back to his best with us or elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It does cause a snowball effect, though.

Day 3 and I am already stuffed.,

One of the best melts I've seen:

Morning Demonlanders,

I don’t know about you, but I’ve had an absolute GUTFUL of the AFL Media continually beating up on our club. It’s been happening for eons, to the point where it’s now becoming clear the agenda to undermine our club is very real. If I was to list a reasonable sample of their [censored], it’d simply take up too much space but whether it is on the airwaves, X or websites it’s seemingly unified in its entity and goal of picking on a club who’s going through enough.

Unfortunately— Most footy pundits take the word of these muppets & do little research of their own or have the ability to seek out people whom may know differently. Our club has definitely done some things to create questions, but this Oliver and Kos latest is just absolutely media driven tripe!!! And even if it does push through to become reality — The fact our club is always the target isn’t an accident, it’s an agenda & the fight we rarely fight or push back is 💯 a factor.

Why don’t you think the Pies are never targeted? Because IMAGINE the backlash if they copped even 10% of what MFC have? Answer is — it just wouldn’t happen such is the fear of the backlash.

Therefore, I am proposing we build a small but fierce coalition, to commit to fighting back to namely trade radio, SEN in general for perpetrating this grovel and make them fear again putting our club in the crosshairs for likes. Adam Cooney today is the last straw. Yes, it is bottom barrel journalism — or entertainment more like, but it serves them well as it gets clicks, ears and eyeballs for the copious amount of articles they then produce off the back of it.

So, through this thread — anyone who stays ‘count me in’ will be called upon to get on the phone, smash the text or X feed & begin to brutalise to these peasants and call them out! I for one am willing to commit time each day to ensuring I do my part, but we cannot simply sit here and take it anymore. Anytime a post, article or talkback piece comes to fruition, we need to hit them with some sort of response that at the very least shows we are not going to let them continue this targeted harassment of our club.

All to would take is 15-20 like-minded Demonlanders to fully commit to this & we’d at least make them realise their carefully constructed half-truths and manipulation makes it appear as though there are leaks when in reality this garbage gets brought forth from weak secondary sources and other clubs whom are happy to release info knowing it will appear as though it’s from the Dees end.

But none of us can fight alone, it has to be strategic and have a punchline that pierces the media-filth armour. So anyone who’s fed up and wants to do something about it, let me know.

The commitment has to be real and involve multiple posts, texts, calls & comments on the various forums in order to penetrate in any meaningful manner, but I know there is plenty of vitriolic ppl here whom are very very capable of making a rancour-infused stand to fight back and not be the taciturn mopes they believe we are.

Turning off and ignoring it just is not the answer anymore, it has to be a visible, tangible pushback to do anything at all even if it serves only to be therapeutic to our footy souls.

I’m certainly ready to fight like hell and defend our club — this is beyond a joke!!!

I don't come here to read demented shit from Demonland, does it have to be re-posted here all the time?
I do it to try and lighten the mood on occasion, but if people would rather not see it, I'm happy to refrain (or just fire up the Loony Bin thread again).

Most stable and unified club I've seen in 30+ years.
I agree but you're missing the key word.... culture. We have the best culture.

In regards to Oliver and holding on to him hoping he comes good again. I'm just not sure of that and even so he is 27. In theory he should be at the peak of his powers but we just aren't getting it. Sounds like he still has his challenges. Even if he gets to his best is it worth it in the long run. If we could get something for a player that's on the decline it's definitely worth considering.

Will be cultural building to **** off Oliver like we did Watts. Puts anyone else lingering around the fringes on notice also.
We weren't stupid to lock Watts in on a redonkulously long contract,

Tbf, Edmund also said the indiscretions weren't massive, and he was in a great mental space at the moment. Had already started training at the club ahead of preseason.

Still doesn't mean we should retain him at all costs, and relationships at the club aren't at breaking point.

Fwiw, a fresh start might be best for all parties. I hope he gets back to his best with us or elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree - even if he's in a better spot than last year (low bar to pass) things are still strained, and it's getting to be more trouble than it's worth keeping him on the books. Clean start would help both parties, even if we cop a 'loss' in the trade - just getting rid of this bullshit lingering around the club would be valuable.

Serious question. If Clarry has played up again (drugs) is he not in breach of contract? Surely the million dollar contract is void. He has responsibilities to all and sundry.
Not drugs. Minor indiscretions which tbh would not raise an eyebrow if any other player was involved. Problem is that he's lost the playing group. And reading between the lines, Trac has made it known it's him or Clarry out the door. With some good kids coming through, Hunter/Smith now out the door, I don't blame Pert at all for asking the question of some clubs. I'm definitely leaning strongly in the camp of Clarry will be traded this offseason. The problem is that the club will want a decent trade partner. 3 way trade with a F1 and Owies coming our way with Cats paying a fair bulk of the salary(or renegotiating a contract) would be decent. Whether the latest indiscretions are minor or not, the fact he seems to have lost his teammates is surely enough reason to move him on now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not drugs. Minor indiscretions which tbh would not raise an eyebrow if any other player was involved. Problem is that he's lost the playing group. And reading between the lines, Trac has made it known it's him or Clarry out the door. With some good kids coming through, Hunter/Smith now out the door, I don't blame Pert at all for asking the question of some clubs. I'm definitely leaning strongly in the camp of Clarry will be traded this offseason. The problem is that the club will want a decent trade partner. 3 way trade with a F1 and Owies coming our way with Cats paying a fair bulk of the salary(or renegotiating a contract) would be decent. Whether the latest indiscretions are minor or not, the fact he seems to have lost his teammates is surely enough reason to move him on now

Probably some dipstick move like breaking more windscreen wipers

GWS not going to let Derksen go easy now they trying to stop a mass exodus with already loosing 3 free agents and possibly Peatling and who knows who else.

He is moving for family reasons with 3 young kids. Would be a campaigner move to hold onto a player you arnt even playing in the 1sts.

Braveheart meets demonland :$
Holding Mel Gibson GIF
braveheart GIF

Right. I had to weigh up whether I will say this or not, and have decided to do it.

Clayton Oliver is a man who came into the club pretty raw. He did a bunch of silly things at first but then changed himself very young to become a professional athlete and to make the most of his talent. He won 4 Blueys, 3 times all Australian, 2 AFL coaches awards. He has a lot of talent, yes, but that doesn’t buy you that kind of resume on its own. He was clearly a driven, professional trainer and athlete and earned those accolades.

Then it changed very quickly. I’m literally astonished that I seem to be the only person who thinks there must be a reason, and a good one, for this abrupt change. I agree that his issues have been bad for the club, and that he burned his teammates. But he burned himself and his legacy even worse. This just happened. It wasn’t a strategy he dreamt up one night to troll the MFC members or randoms on Bigfooty.

Melbourne are the dumbest football club imaginable but they are slightly less dumb than posters on this board. They have realised that there are real issues at play here. It seemed so freaking obvious when their messaging swung from “he has to meet standards” to “we need to wrap our arms around him”. This is what happens when there are issues that change a person’s behaviour and you start to understand what they are. You can be simultaneously angry with a person and sympathise with them. I have reason to know this. Chances are he will be stuck with these opposing reactions for the rest of his life. I don’t care what he is paid. Nobody with any sense should envy him.

I remember his achievements as a great player for this club. This doesn’t mean I am blind to the problems he may have caused to our club. I would just recommend that when you are shitposting revolting thoughts about a fellow human being you take into account all of the things he has accomplished, not just the recent issues. Or even take account of his being a fellow human being.

I am personally glad that our club has tried to help him, though it may be that our club which seems incapable of helping itself might not be the best doctor. It may well be that his best chance of recovering himself and his legacy, if it can be done, is elsewhere. I don’t mind. I would like to see him play good football again and even more than that be happy. He’s a person.

I think it is totally reasonable to debate whether his contract was a poor decision by the club. I think it is totally reasonable to discuss whether he should or should not be traded. That’s what footy forums are for. For all of us to pretend in our own heads that we would make better decisions. We might even be right, our club doesn’t inspire confidence.

But the fat campaigner stuff and the ginger campaigner stuff is repulsive. It’s repulsive in any setting, but to say it about someone who has achieved as much as a man so young is bizarre. It’s clear that the people who say these things under our assumed names think that it’s harmless and have no thought to whether he, family, friends might be reading all of this. And if you don’t give a shit about Oliver or family, I’m reading it and find it really upsetting. I like this board and it’s a lot of fun and I really enjoy reading the posts of regulars and newer posters. I hope some of you enjoy mine. So if you don’t give a shit about what Clayton Oliver’s family might feel reading these things, maybe you might consider me who finds it distressing? It makes me really unhappy to read this stuff, even when thinly disguised as a joke. If you don’t care about that there’s nothing I can do. I’ve disclosed, and you get to listen or give me the predictable haha reacts.

Also anyone who makes “fat ginger” posts who is older than age 7 really needs to have a look at themselves.

I've never been a fan of the fat campaigner / ginger stuff either. But who tf am I.

This is an absolute shit show- ****ing get rid of everyone and start again.

Edmund basically said he doesnt think anything happens coz we are dreaming if we think we are getting anything decent in return. Clubs dont want to give much up and they want us to pay a good portion of the salary.

I honestly think the dysfunction right now might be worse than it was between 2007-2013

mfc.png

Right. I had to weigh up whether I will say this or not, and have decided to do it.

Clayton Oliver is a man who came into the club pretty raw. He did a bunch of silly things at first but then changed himself very young to become a professional athlete and to make the most of his talent. He won 4 Blueys, 3 times all Australian, 2 AFL coaches awards. He has a lot of talent, yes, but that doesn’t buy you that kind of resume on its own. He was clearly a driven, professional trainer and athlete and earned those accolades.

Then it changed very quickly. I’m literally astonished that I seem to be the only person who thinks there must be a reason, and a good one, for this abrupt change. I agree that his issues have been bad for the club, and that he burned his teammates. But he burned himself and his legacy even worse. This just happened. It wasn’t a strategy he dreamt up one night to troll the MFC members or randoms on Bigfooty.

Melbourne are the dumbest football club imaginable but they are slightly less dumb than posters on this board. They have realised that there are real issues at play here. It seemed so freaking obvious when their messaging swung from “he has to meet standards” to “we need to wrap our arms around him”. This is what happens when there are issues that change a person’s behaviour and you start to understand what they are. You can be simultaneously angry with a person and sympathise with them. I have reason to know this. Chances are he will be stuck with these opposing reactions for the rest of his life. I don’t care what he is paid. Nobody with any sense should envy him.

I remember his achievements as a great player for this club. This doesn’t mean I am blind to the problems he may have caused to our club. I would just recommend that when you are shitposting revolting thoughts about a fellow human being you take into account all of the things he has accomplished, not just the recent issues. Or even take account of his being a fellow human being.

I am personally glad that our club has tried to help him, though it may be that our club which seems incapable of helping itself might not be the best doctor. It may well be that his best chance of recovering himself and his legacy, if it can be done, is elsewhere. I don’t mind. I would like to see him play good football again and even more than that be happy. He’s a person.

I think it is totally reasonable to debate whether his contract was a poor decision by the club. I think it is totally reasonable to discuss whether he should or should not be traded. That’s what footy forums are for. For all of us to pretend in our own heads that we would make better decisions. We might even be right, our club doesn’t inspire confidence.

But the fat campaigner stuff and the ginger campaigner stuff is repulsive. It’s repulsive in any setting, but to say it about someone who has achieved as much as a man so young is bizarre. It’s clear that the people who say these things under our assumed names think that it’s harmless and have no thought to whether he, family, friends might be reading all of this. And if you don’t give a shit about Oliver or family, I’m reading it and find it really upsetting. I like this board and it’s a lot of fun and I really enjoy reading the posts of regulars and newer posters. I hope some of you enjoy mine. So if you don’t give a shit about what Clayton Oliver’s family might feel reading these things, maybe you might consider me who finds it distressing? It makes me really unhappy to read this stuff, even when thinly disguised as a joke. If you don’t care about that there’s nothing I can do. I’ve disclosed, and you get to listen or give me the predictable haha reacts.

Also anyone who makes “fat ginger” posts who is older than age 7 really needs to have a look at themselves.
Missed this post, but to circle back for a minute – well said (as per usual), PG.

While a lot of what is posted on BF is said in jest (it's a brilliant little coping mechanism we all have), there does need to be a line when it comes to insulting language.

Do I think Oliver has done himself many favours over the past 24 months? Certainly not. Do I think we should look at cutting ties with him at this point? Probably.

But body-shaming and stepping over the line with the insults should—and will be—placed in a similar basket to our hard-line stances on issues such as racism, sexism, homophobia and mental health on the board. I've perhaps been a bit lax with policing this particular topic on occasion, and I'll take responsibility for that.

But yeah, to summarise: people on our board are allowed to criticise players and the club – I'm proud that we've created a space where people are allowed to speak freely on those matters (within reason), as opposed to some other football discussion forums (both on BF and elsewhere). But use common sense and don't be a prick to each other or cross the line when it comes to insults – it helps nobody. Not the target, not yourself, and not the people who come to BF to chat with other folks about footy.

Thanks for the post, Proper Gander.

Edmund basically said he doesnt think anything happens coz we are dreaming if we think we are getting anything decent in return. Clubs dont want to give much up and they want us to pay a good portion of the salary.

I honestly think the dysfunction right now might be worse than it was between 2007-2013

View attachment 2129160

As bad as it is, Edmund seems to be going hard at sticking this one in at us, does he have form trying to stick it into the Dees as he isn’t missing a trick on this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back