List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I know Greg Stafford is leaving but fairly certain I just saw him in the Adelaide CBD in a Melbourne coaches polo. Are you guys chasing an SA player or is he chasing an SA job?

Also mods, apologies if this is the wrong thread for this. Delete or move as appropriate

Hey I know Greg Stafford is leaving but fairly certain I just saw him in the Adelaide CBD in a Melbourne coaches polo. Are you guys chasing an SA player or is he chasing an SA job?

Also mods, apologies if this is the wrong thread for this. Delete or move as appropriate
Heading to Adelaide tip to dump his Dees merch I expect.

This is spot on. Are we even under any salary cap pressure right now? Cats trying their luck as always. To be fair, they're annoyingly good at it too. Geez I hate them.
Apparently someone has said the Cats are offering after-career incentives, to attract players into their fold.

What's that mean, a hobby farm somewhere down there.???

If true, this undermines the trade and drafts... and restitution basis.

Missed this post, but to circle back for a minute – well said (as per usual), PG.

While a lot of what is posted on BF is said in jest (it's a brilliant little coping mechanism we all have), there does need to be a line when it comes to insulting language.

Do I think Oliver has done himself many favours over the past 24 months? Certainly not. Do I think we should look at cutting ties with him at this point? Probably.

But body-shaming and stepping over the line with the insults should—and will be—placed in a similar basket to our hard-line stances on issues such as racism, sexism, homophobia and mental health on the board. I've perhaps been a bit lax with policing this particular topic on occasion, and I'll take responsibility for that.

But yeah, to summarise: people on our board are allowed to criticise players and the club – I'm proud that we've created a space where people are allowed to speak freely on those matters (within reason), as opposed to some other football discussion forums (both on BF and elsewhere). But use common sense and don't be a prick to each other or cross the line when it comes to insults – it helps nobody. Not the target, not yourself, and not the people who come to BF to chat with other folks about footy.

Thanks for the post, Proper Gander.
Thanks Scythe94 and also all who responded.

I wasn’t too sure how any of that would be received

do either of the Crows or Port have a 'bring your dog to work' policy? if so, then he might be after a job.

You reckon? I doubt it. Viney in particular wasn't taking a discount to stay here.
I think that was a response from a player who has always put the club ahead of personal tidings.?
And it was done thru his dad at north, with support from clarko... to get a decent contract happening.? it worked.

How would salt of the earth players 110% committed types feel when Oli and someone other, don't fully commit to all aspects of team ethos... then bring the club into disrepute.

It's not the past 12 months that's in question... but the past, since '2021'', that has to be looked at.
We've wasted '22, '23, & '24 seasons.
And with that our whole window of excellence has gone by.
We all should be very dirty on those who haven't been fully committed to the team.

If I was Brayshaw, and Viney, Petracca, ANB, TMc, Pickett, and maybe Gawn, I would be absolutely filthy.

All players who are over 28Yrs now should feel cheated and let down... by the players who have been inclined to party, and a lack of discipline in those last 3 seasons.

Blokes out of the job and can’t afford a new K Mart shirt.

this Tim Lamb chap seems to have veto over all of our trade and contract decisions….
I don't think that.

I think/suspect our past little while, Re trades and contracts, has been orchestrated by the senior club officials in the footy dept... and our fearless CEO + President backing.
The way forward since 2020 would have been a whole club senior management decision.

I don't think I've ever mentioned cap space Mitchie.

I did say I don't think Oliver is going anywhere.

Maybe brush up on your comprehension skills a bit.
Setting up for a Big 2025 trade period, IMV. Oli certainly... and maybe even Tracca.?

We have this and next season to truly overhaul our list situation... to stop us from a free-fall back to lower rungs on the ladder.

Leek Aleer I am all for. Bloke will be a jet KPD for next 10 years.
I cannot believe all you guys looking to grab other clubs players, who haven't put a real score on the AFL form ladder... just as our past season trades have been like.

Yet you are not seeing the likes of Lohmann, Ashcroft, Daicos's, and other elite kids from the draft.

All the future elites are yet to be drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do it to try and lighten the mood on occasion, but if people would rather not see it, I'm happy to refrain (or just fire up the Loony Bin thread again).
I don't go on there and it is a world class melt so I was happy to read it.

Pretty easy to scroll on by if not interested.

This thread is 333 pages long and FA hasn't even opened yet!

That's absolutely what's happening, and it makes sense considering their needs and relative lack of capital.

And if we're not worried about it (the contract), that's a big concern in itself. There have been numerous decisions made over the past couple of years that have appeared to lack future planning as we've continued to double down on a list/gamestyle that caught lightning in a bottle three years ago.
Spot on, imv.

Gee we're almost conjoined to the hip the Pies on various fronts, Lynch, Peatling, Lord, now Bartel. Would love Barts, though.
I like this idea, as long as we do the due-diligence on Jimmy, to make sure everyone is clean who enter our New culture build.

We need to root out all who are non participants in team ethos... defending, putting body ahead of self interest, being professional.

This club has been too soft it appears in the past 3 seasons on talented individuals... and the captain is softly-softly's main man.

So, exactly what I said the scenario could be yesterday. Pert isnt loan wolfing it, list management want him gone too, its just Goody who doesn't.
The same list management that offered him that stupid contract. They’re trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube, the silly sausages.

So, exactly what I said the scenario could be yesterday. Pert isnt loan wolfing it, list management want him gone too, its just Goody who doesn't.
The reports have been incredibly inconsistent.

The same list management that offered him that stupid contract. They’re trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube, the silly sausages.
Yeah, dont worry im not giving them a pass coz they are trying to correct things now. Fire everyone.

What I am saying it appears they are now aware that our premiership window has passed and are happy enough to get picks, meanwhile the coach refuses to face facts.

There are so many spot fires and parts of the club pulling in different directions that its hard to know where to begin with this mess.

Yeah, dont worry im not giving them a pass coz they are trying to correct things now. Fire everyone.

What I am saying it appears they are now aware that our premiership window has passed and are happy enough to get picks, meanwhile the coach refuses to face facts.

There are so many spot fires and parts of the club pulling in different directions that its hard to know where to begin with this mess.
If Pert and the board believe that Oliver's position was untenable then they needed to get in touch with the footy department and say they need to move him on. If the coach or anyone else can't get on board with that then you sack them since they're essentially refusing to do their jobs. Pert should not be involved at this level.

How do you square the circle that Pert had the blessing of the list management committee (a term I've never heard before) but we're also having an emergency meeting tomorrow to hash this out. Surely the decision was already made before Pert was shopping him around?

I'm more inclined to believe this is a clumsy attempt to retake control of the narrative after embarrassing ourselves over the past couple of days.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back