List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed this post, but to circle back for a minute – well said (as per usual), PG.

While a lot of what is posted on BF is said in jest (it's a brilliant little coping mechanism we all have), there does need to be a line when it comes to insulting language.

Do I think Oliver has done himself many favours over the past 24 months? Certainly not. Do I think we should look at cutting ties with him at this point? Probably.

But body-shaming and stepping over the line with the insults should—and will be—placed in a similar basket to our hard-line stances on issues such as racism, sexism, homophobia and mental health on the board. I've perhaps been a bit lax with policing this particular topic on occasion, and I'll take responsibility for that.

But yeah, to summarise: people on our board are allowed to criticise players and the club – I'm proud that we've created a space where people are allowed to speak freely on those matters (within reason), as opposed to some other football discussion forums (both on BF and elsewhere). But use common sense and don't be a prick to each other or cross the line when it comes to insults – it helps nobody. Not the target, not yourself, and not the people who come to BF to chat with other folks about footy.

Thanks for the post, Proper Gander.
Body shaming a professional athlete is one of the dumbest things I've heard. If he got badly out of shape he would be cut from the list but we can't mention the obvious change in his body shape?
This ain't a 14 year old girl with diabetes in gym class it's a million dollar athlete who is paid a fortune to be fitter than other people

You're absolutely a hypocrite if you say you can't comment on that but you can comment on his performance during a game it's literally the same thing.

You got dorks on here posting unsubstantiated rumours about people's private lives, people calling Zorko a grub and a loser etc here constantly and none says shit but then someone mentions a fact about Oliver and it's a board crisis. This place has become a fair joke.

Body shaming a professional athlete is one of the dumbest things I've heard. If he got badly out of shape he would be cut from the list but we can't mention the obvious change in his body shape?
This ain't a 14 year old girl with diabetes in gym class it's a million dollar athlete who is paid a fortune to be fitter than other people

You're absolutely a hypocrite if you say you can't comment on that but you can comment on his performance during a game it's literally the same thing.

You got dorks on here posting unsubstantiated rumours about people's private lives, people calling Zorko a grub and a loser etc here constantly and none says shit but then someone mentions a fact about Oliver and it's a board crisis. This place has become a fair joke.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why would anyone in their right mind leave Cats for us we would have to double their money. Go from the best club in the comp with the best coach to the shittest club with no facilities and a coach who is proud when we score 60 points a game.

Would happily double the money blokes like SDK or O’Sullivan are on. In fact we would be idiots to not tempt them.

Sometimes it’s not what you say exactly, it’s just how you say it TK.

You can say he isn't fit enough without calling him a 'fat campaigner' and I don't know how 'ginger campaigner' has anything to do with football.

My wife thinks he looks a bit like that guy off Goonies but she has no idea about football so I doubt it is football relevant but I do know she loves that movie.

And Zorko is a grub.

You can say he isn't fit enough without calling him a 'fat campaigner' and I don't know how 'ginger campaigner' has anything to do with football.

My wife thinks he looks a bit like that guy off Goonies but she has no idea about football so I doubt it is football relevant but I do know she loves that movie.

And Zorko is a grub.
Yeah so you're a hypocrite and shouldn't bother commenting any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on now, don't give me the 'place has become a joke' line. You know full well that this is a relaxed board, and people are able to speak pretty freely without copping bans/infractions left, right and centre. Maybe even too much at times.

But perhaps the fact that we have both people who think we're being too soft and people who think we're being too harsh bemoaning the state of the board is indicative of the what this is – a football forum with a diverse audience, where you certainly can't please everyone.

There's a clear difference between talking about Oliver being out of professional shape and calling him a 'stupid ******* fat ginger campaigner' ad nauseam. You know this, and straw-manning via the 14-year-old girl and game performance examples isn't helpful.

There's many things you can criticise Oliver on (as I have) without crossing the line into being offensive. And it's not necessarily him that I'm worried about – there would be people who come on here that have struggled with weight/body image issues and just want to talk about footy without having hateful language constantly repeated about someone's weight or the way they look.

To be clear, I'm absolutely not taking the 'you can't criticise Clayton, he's a club legend!!!' angle here. Criticism is warranted. I'm just asking for people to use some sense and not resort to school yard insults that are seen by many as offensive.

Come on now, don't give me the 'place has become a joke' line. You know full well that this is a relaxed board, and people are able to speak pretty freely without copping bans/infractions left, right and centre. Maybe even too much at times.

But perhaps the fact that we have both people who think we're being too soft and people who think we're being too harsh bemoaning the state of the board is indicative of the what this is – a football forum with a diverse audience, where you certainly can't please everyone.

There's a clear difference between talking about Oliver being out of professional shape and calling him a 'stupid ******* fat ginger campaigner' ad nauseam. You know this, and straw-manning via the 14-year-old girl and game performance examples isn't helpful.

There's many things you can criticise Oliver on (as I have) without crossing the line into being offensive. And it's not necessarily him that I'm worried about – there would be people who come on here that have struggled with weight/body image issues and just want to talk about footy without having hateful language constantly repeated about someone's weight or the way they look.

To be clear, I'm absolutely not taking the 'you can't criticise Clayton, he's a club legend!!!' angle here. Criticism is warranted. I'm just asking for people to use some sense and not resort to school yard insults that are seen by many as offensive.
Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF

So my argument is a straw man because it's a good example, but you saying people may have body issues isn't at all? Tell you what if there's any professional athletes on here who are paid to be in shape I'll rescind, if not it's not at all the same.

There might be 2 types on here but only one side gets pandered too

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back