List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also it is shameful for the club how the special treatment Oliver got has clearly pissed off a bunch of players and who knows how that hurt us long run? Pretty clear tracs friendship with him has completely broken down and I don't blame Trac, in 2021 it looked like they'd dominate the league for another five years but Oliver just stopped caring completely.

Clubs across the league need to stop with these deals or the AFL needs.ro do a NBA style cap on deal length. We've signed three guys to these and two have been obvious fails with Tracs deal yet to be determined.
What's worse about the Oliver deal is that we still went ahead with it whilst the club were dealing with his off field issues.

I do agree with you, the Brayshaw one was just bizarre in itself. We all knew he was one big knock away from retirement and was bound to happen.

What's worse about the Oliver deal is that we still went ahead with it whilst the club were dealing with his off field issues.
This is what absolutely staggers me. Even if we gave him similar money on a three year deal it would have made this way less painful and easier to break off.

Also it is shameful for the club how the special treatment Oliver got has clearly pissed off a bunch of players and who knows how that hurt us long run? Pretty clear tracs friendship with him has completely broken down and I don't blame Trac, in 2021 it looked like they'd dominate the league for another five years but Oliver just stopped caring completely.
I said it at this time last offseason, giving special treatment to one person will piss other players off and eventually the entire thing comes to a point to what we have now.

Plenty of people on here laughed at the suggestion (not you specifically) , so many blind fans of Oliver with no idea how a footy club works.

I don't care about the name calling, Oliver is paid more than 99% of the population I don't have much sympathy.

What I find ridiculous is you playing the victim card on here. Mate I agree with plenty of your footy takes and I get you love to argue but sometimes you gotta just stfu and walk away.
Do you even read what you say or do you play for likes off the same handful of people? Victim card? What are you even disagreeing with then

Last edited:
Clubs across the league need to stop with these deals or the AFL needs.ro do a NBA style cap on deal length. We've signed three guys to these and two have been obvious fails with Tracs deal yet to be determined.
At least in the NBA the club can trade players to wherever they want, which is what it should be in the AFL too. The players get far too much control. If you want to sign big contracts for security you should have to hold up your end of the bargain or you can be traded anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least in the NBA the club can trade players to wherever they want, which is what it should be in the AFL too. The players get far too much control. If you want to sign big contracts for security you should have to hold up your end of the bargain or you can be traded anywhere.
Yep. Surely pick an amount maybe 400k or whatever and then if you wanna take a 10 year deal so be it but the club can trade you without permission as well.

Excuse me for butting in but this whole Clayton Oliver affair sort of reminds me of what happened at Collingwood post 2010 with the Rat Pack. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and do what is best to set club standards and maintain a good culture. I was upset that we lost Heath Shaw and Thomas but in the end it was the best move for all concerned. You have some good leaders and solid citizens there , keep them and bring up the next generation with the right examples to follow.

I said it at this time last offseason, giving special treatment to one person will piss other players off and eventually the entire thing comes to a point to what we have now.

Plenty of people on here laughed at the suggestion (not you specifically) , so many blind fans of Oliver with no idea how a footy club works.
How does a footy club work?

Are we making the assumption that a country footy club culture = AFL footy club culture?

Are we making the assumption that a country footy club culture = AFL footy club culture?
Doesn't even have to be a footy club but specifically with a footy club where you're reliant on an environment where blokes wanna work for each other and be unselfish and it's also cut throat every season with delistings how can you possibly set a standard when one bloke clearly doesn't fall in line to it

It's the same thing but with far more at stake, blokes who get favourable treatment = resentment grows and it eventually boils over to where the majority/everyone doesn't trust in the coach, his words become meaningless.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back