List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if Geelong are planning to renegotiate Oliver's contract with behavioral clauses and aren't too worried about being on the hook for a long term contract as a result.

There is a standard playing contract. Clubs can’t insert personalised behavioural clauses in contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a standard playing contract. Clubs can’t insert personalised behavioural clauses in contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Players really have clubs over a barrel don't they.

Excuse me for butting in but this whole Clayton Oliver affair sort of reminds me of what happened at Collingwood post 2010 with the Rat Pack. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and do what is best to set club standards and maintain a good culture. I was upset that we lost Heath Shaw and Thomas but in the end it was the best move for all concerned. You have some good leaders and solid citizens there , keep them and bring up the next generation with the right examples to follow.
I was actually thinking about Collingwood's situation a few years ago when they had to relieve some cap space. First treloar and Stephenson then getting Grundy out. Oliver is probably more like a Grundy in terms off a big long term contract, in terms of professionalism they are completely different. I heard Grundy spends a lot of time watching vision and doing homework on the opposition. Anyway I digress a bit. Regardless off behaviour long term deals are fraught with danger. The club might get rid off Oliver cheaply to get him off the books and Geelong knows it.

Kind of reminds me off the simpsons episode when the Germans buy the nuclear power plant only to find out it's all run down. They try to sell it back but old Burnsy takes advantage.

bed5c8c6-4b5d-4d18-8b21-0dd1c0df476d_text.gif

(I was going to go with the colonel homer but this works better)

Geelong just keep doing what they do best. Bring talent into the club. Smith isn't a top 10 player but he's bloody handy. If they can turn around Jack Martin and Oliver's injuries and issues then they pick up a potential top 10 player in the comp and a possible match winner for cheap as chips(and their history suggests they will turn them around). They'll never bottom out will they.

Should get some answers today.

Geelong midfield will be unaccountable as **** next season.

Oliver and Smith will be Hopper and Taranto-esque without any defensive game.

Last edited:
Should get some answers today.

Geelong midfield will be unaccountable as **** next season.
But at least they will be able to find the footy... The likes of Atkins, Bruhn, Bowes etc cant find the footy, and cant stop the opposition from finding the footy either..

Got a bad feeling they'll put out a Petracca style statement before the BnF tomorrow night.
If they do that and Clarry really wants out he should get absolutely wasted at the BnF

Where are all the posters who like to shit on Tim Lamb now??!?!

Weren't for our WATERTIGHT decades-long contracts we wouldn't be able to field a team next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt the club would like Oliver gone. Other than Goody. His job is on the line. He’d be fingers crossed to Oliver getting back to his best. Sounds like he just can’t get things right. Missing medical appts is really poor.
Geelong from the sounds of it give their players more freedom. Not sure Oliver and Smith are going to work TBH.

No doubt the club would like Oliver gone. Other than Goody. His job is on the line. He’d be fingers crossed to Oliver getting back to his best. Sounds like he just can’t get things right. Missing medical appts is really poor.
Geelong from the sounds of it give their players more freedom. Not sure Oliver and Smith are going to work TBH.
They have more hits than misses. I have no doubt both Smith and Oliver will be huge for them.

Honestly, I'm keen to see a midfield where Oliver, Viney and Trac are not just fighting for the same ball at every stoppage and then launching it into the stratosphere when they get it.

But then I remember that if Goodwin is still here, and he'll probably plug Sparrow in to do the exact same thing. Thankfully, Sparrow only gets it 12 times a game at least

Honestly, I'm keen to see a midfield where Oliver, Viney and Trac are not just fighting for the same ball at every stoppage and then launching it into the stratosphere when they get it.

But then I remember that if Goodwin is still here, and he'll probably plug Sparrow in to do the exact same thing. Thankfully, Sparrow only gets it 12 times a game at least

Not if Laser Laurie gets more of a run

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back