Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Hopefully this is the spark to start the fire that drives Goodwin, Roffey and Pert out of the club.
Probably not a big enough 'name'
Probably a great example of why Trac wants out if guys like AnB want out.

But can't be the coaching they all love goody it's gotta be Richo right?

The Viney one is a bit tenuous I'll admit, but that's Trac, AnB and Viney who are all looking elsewhere. Literally the 3 most important culture driving players at the club. If that's not a ****ing exclamation point on how shit the clubs being run and how bad Goodys going then you're Hellen Keller
We're closer to a 2-21 season than a flag.

Does Ben Brown have another year to go on his contract?

Tracs disgruntled, other players are disgruntled
ANB requests trade 1 day later

It's fine

House On Fire GIF by HULU

Quit playing like he wasn’t a whipping boy on these forums for the best part of the last decade.
I mean sure, if you forget about the past five years or so in order to feed into your sensationalism.

Does Ben Brown have another year to go on his contract?

Nope

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Despite Pert's letter, clubs still think Petracca is gettable and will capitulate if he publicly announces he wants to be traded.

His top 3 suitors (no particular order) are Geelong, Hawks and Norf. Whilst Norf aren't close to contention they at least have the trade capital and cap room. I can't imagine how Hawthorn get a deal a done if they poach Barrass.

If Trac and Nibbler leaves then our window is closed, locked and curtains drawn. Presumably 2025 will be Gawn's final year in red & blue as he has made it clear he has no desire to go through a rebuild (unknown if he would entertain a move to another club)

I mean sure, if you forget about the past five years or so in order to feed into your sensationalism.

Call a spade a spade mate. Could guarantee you have talked shit on ANB these last 5 years.

Yes he was good in 2024 and not one I want to trade but at least I will admit he was shit / turnover merchant / whipping boy for the best part of the last decade. Used to be a huge momentum killer.

What has happened given now it appears contacts aren't really binding on one side, where a player who got the benefit of long term financial stability, doesn't like it any more, and wants out?

AFL contracts are written in pencil to be fair. There is a fair bit of give and take on both sides, usually with players having to adjust their pay schedules to bail out ****wit list managers or even facilitate trades; like Grundy taking a $100k/year paycut to join MFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call a spade a spade mate. Could guarantee you have talked shit on ANB these last 5 years.

Yes he was good in 2024 and not one I want to trade but at least I will admit he was shit / turnover merchant / whipping boy for the best part of the last decade. Used to be a huge momentum killer.

It is recency bias. It is the old chestnut where people don't care about what you have done in the past, only what you have done for them lately.

ANB has been a battler, but he has finally found his niche and hitting his straps and has had a great 2024.

Meanwhile, (club legend) Oliver is the new whipping boy because the club insists on playing him while he is out of shape, with a busted hand and is still having his GP figure out the correct dosage for his ADHD medication.

David Schwarz wants ‘top to bottom’ review at Melbourne as stars continue to be linked with moves

Stars linked with moves. Claims of infighting and festering culture problems. One Demons great says he’s had enough and wants the club to launch a “top to bottom” review.

Melbourne great David Schwarz has called for a full-scale review of the Demons “from the top down” in the wake of bombshell revelations Christian Petracca was weighing up his future at the club.

Schwarz, who played 173 games, said the club’s lack of finals success since the 2021 premiership combined with the trade speculation surrounding superstar midfielders Petracca, Jack Viney and Clayton Oliver was a massive concern.

And with finals out of reach fans have turned off in recent weeks, with only 16,246 and 17,867 people attending their last two Saturday night losses to interstate teams at the MCG.

Schwarz said Melbourne’s on-field results have been “bewildering” in recent years and was dismayed by the suggestion Petracca was disgruntled after playing on with life-threatening internal injuries in Round 14.

The 1999 best-and-fairest winner said the handling of Petracca’s injuries in his last match of the season against Collingwood, including a ruptured spleen, lacerated lung and four broken ribs, was a “debacle”.

“When your best player wants out, alarm bells should be going off,” Schwarz said.

“And it just highlights what the supporters have been saying because for all the talent at their disposal there has been error after error.

“It has been a pretty steep (decline) because we have had straight sets finals exits and now we are going to miss (finals) this year, and considering the cattle we have got — my God.

“But the culture off the field is the most important thing.

“And if your culture is not right and blokes are pulling in different directions it has got to be fixed straight away, otherwise it is going to fester. Clearly it is festering.

“There is infighting and it is not a happy place at the moment, clearly, because they (Petracca and Viney) are more than the fabric, they are the heartbeat of the club.”

North Melbourne has made a strong play for Viney, whose father, Todd, works at the Kangaroos as a highly-respected football manager.

The Kangaroos are believed to be preparing a lucrative offer and major leadership and onball roles in a bid to land Viney.

The Demons remain confident of signing Viney to a contract extension and on Tuesday shut down any prospect of trading Petracca.

In any case, a trade deal for Petracca, 28, appears to be near impossible as the Demons would ask for a massive bounty in return for the man who remains contracted for five more years on more than $1 million a season.

Oliver, who endured personal problems in the off-season and took time away from the club, has struggled with a hand issue this year and polled 10 AFL Coaches’ Association votes, ranked 10th at the Dees this year.

While Melbourne on Tuesday confirmed it was assessing the football department in the wake of a disappointing 2024 season, Schwarz said the whole club should be put under the microscope.

“There should be a full review from the top down,” Schwarz said.

“When you are winning flags everyone is front and centre, but when you need people to stand up and show leadership it is just not there.

“I know (CEO) Gary Pert put out a letter, but it was pretty wishy washy and said nothing.

“The whole Christian Petracca debacle going back on (the field while injured) there is just clearly something not right there.”

The Demons have sunk to 13th spot on the ladder with 10 wins from 21 games this year, but have lost Andrew Brayshaw to concussion, and traded out Brodie Grundy after one season at the club last year.

Simon Goodwin’s men travel to Gold Coast to take on the Suns on Saturday followed by a Round 24 clash against Collingwood on Friday night at the MCG to finish the season.
Why on earth would we sign an extension for Viney?

Why on earth would we sign an extension for Viney?
Coz I said it would happen. Manager playing his cards right, interest from elsewhere to get us into panicking... mind you after the past 2 days its probably not a ploy and he genuinely wants out too!

Club will probably offer Viney stupid money now to get him to sign to try and convince the fans (and themselves of course) that its all just a media beat up about players being wanting out. Can see the insta post already..... some passive aggressive shit.

Hopefully this is the spark to start the fire that drives Goodwin, Roffey and Pert out of the club.
Can't wait for Garry Lyon to get involved and f* things up even more :)
Putting aside the culture and everything, but this is what grinds my gears - these mega contracts aren't signed by a player with a gun to their head.
No one made them lock in good money for multiple years, they chose to agree to it.

What has happened given now it appears contacts aren't really binding on one side, where a player who got the benefit of long term financial stability, doesn't like it any more, and wants out?

Is this just another facet of the "everybody is a winner" generation?

Clubs shouldn't be held hostage by guys who they signficatnly commit to long term, and then change their minds mid contract.
Unfortunately it seems contracts really are worthless. Don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. ANB seems like the type of guy who'd stick around. Fantastic leader and person from all reports. Not the most skilful player, but can never question his effort ever. Probably having close to a BnF year too. Too close to the Trac drama for this to be a coincidence? Nah, where there's smoke. It's time for the club to grow some balls and make some tough calls. Sweep through coaching staff, list management and fitness staff. Can just feel a domino effect happening from here. Delist or trade anyone linked to cultural issues including coaches.

Despite Pert's letter, clubs still think Petracca is gettable and will capitulate if he publicly announces he wants to be traded.

His top 3 suitors (no particular order) are Geelong, Hawks and Norf. Whilst Norf aren't close to contention they at least have the trade capital and cap room. I can't imagine how Hawthorn get a deal a done if they poach Barrass.

If Trac and Nibbler leaves then our window is closed, locked and curtains drawn. Presumably 2025 will be Gawn's final year in red & blue as he has made it clear he has no desire to go through a rebuild (unknown if he would entertain a move to another club)
I just can't bring myself to even think about Trac playing for another side. By far my favourite player since Robbie Flower(apologies to the Wizard and Neita). Could totally see a Hawthorn or Geelong getting in his ear now. Both incredibly successfully run clubs who are never down for long. Imagine Trac in this Hawthorn team. Oh My!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back