Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Yeah, this is DL levels of dumb hate on Morris for doing his job and relaying news you dont want to hear about the club you support and your favourite players, boo hoo.

Great to see we are once again the entertainment club for all AFL fans for the next offseason. Everyone keeps referring to our 23-24 offseason as disastrous, but this could be worse.

Yeah, this is DL levels of dumb hate on Morris for doing his job and relaying news you dont want to hear about the club you support and your favourite players, boo hoo.

I don’t think it’s necessarily all that. Plenty of people can’t stand him on general principles before he opens his mouth. I can live with the reporting, I just have to do so without looking at his face. Or better still just read it so I don’t have to listen to his voice. I just instinctively find him repellant, like those wiggling clusters of spitfires you get on gum trees, or like Phil Collins.

Great to see we are once again the entertainment club for all AFL fans for the next offseason. Everyone keeps referring to our 23-24 offseason as disastrous, but this could be worse.
Reckon it could go either way.

I don’t think it’s necessarily all that. Plenty of people can’t stand him on general principles before he opens his mouth. I can live with the reporting, I just have to do so without looking at his face. Or better still just read it so I don’t have to listen to his voice. I just instinctively find him repellant, like those wiggling clusters of spitfires you get on gum trees, or like Phil Collins.
I cant stand him either, but hes been pretty bang on with info coming out of the club for a while now. Gotta be able to seperate the two.

I cant stand him either, but hes been pretty bang on with info coming out of the club for a while now. Gotta be able to seperate the two.
Sure. I pretty much do. I just try to avoid seeing him anywhere.

One of the other issues with these fantasy trade deals is that while it’s fun to put up concepts like “curnow and picks” and debate what could get it done, anything like that would involve actually getting Curnow or whoever to agree to the move. I can’t see anyone good going yes I’d totally like to move to Melbourne, that would be wonderful.

Anyone in the okay but not star bracket would have to be wildly overpaid to move at this point, which is the opposite of what we need to do.

One of the other issues with these fantasy trade deals is that while it’s fun to put up concepts like “curnow and picks” and debate what could get it done, anything like that would involve actually getting Curnow or whoever to agree to the move. I can’t see anyone good going yes I’d totally like to move to Melbourne, that would be wonderful.

Anyone in the okay but not star bracket would have to be wildly overpaid to move at this point, which is the opposite of what we need to do.
I find the fantasy deals pretty pointless. Especially when they're laden with caveats of "I don't see any way either club does this deal." You might as well work out what a trade for Nick Daicos looks like at that point.

I do find it funny how Morris is putting his foot in both camps and plans to keep this story alive for as long as possible. At the same time as he says "I don't see anything happening" he'll back it up with "I won't be convinced until the last minute of trade period."

I think we'll know before then.

Well said PG

I find the fantasy deals pretty pointless. Especially when they're laden with caveats of "I don't see any way either club does this deal." You might as well work out what a trade for Nick Daicos looks like at that point.

I do find it funny how Morris is putting his foot in both camps and plans to keep this story alive for as long as possible. At the same time as he says "I don't see anything happening" he'll back it up with "I won't be convinced until the last minute of trade period."

Supposedly Trac wants out. Then he does hypothetical trades. Cmon now. Is he going Tom or not? Back yourself in mate or f* off. Even Kaneo was dismissing him and wanting little to do with it.

I was being silly with it, cant see Carlton offering Curnow at all. Dont know what Bucks is smoking with that take. Give me Curnow any day over McKay.

The way you'd get a star player happy to come here is if you upped their pay from what they are getting now and had an extension lined up with them the moment the trade went thru.

But I agree, I cant see a world where we get the sort of player wed be happy giving up Trac for. Therefore it would have to be a bunch of picks in the top 12 and the big clubs in Victoria wont be able to do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every year I forget how hilariously stupid the trade period is, and every year I get surprised anew at how stupid it is.

I was being silly with it, cant see Carlton offering Curnow at all. Dont know what Bucks is smoking with that take. Give me Curnow any day over McKay.

The way you'd get a star player happy to come here is if you upped their pay from what they are getting now and had an extension lined up with them the moment the trade went thru.

But I agree, I cant see a world where we get the sort of player wed be happy giving up Trac for. Therefore it would have to be a bunch of picks in the top 12 and the big clubs in Victoria wont be able to do that.
When I listened to it, I more took it as Buckley suggesting that Curnow has more value in a trade than McKay rather than believing that either Carlton will let him go or Curnow agreeing to be part of a deal.

It’s a weird discussion between three men about trades they totally don’t believe can possibly occur.

God I love this time of year! They should commence with trade radio early this time. I like the segments where they take random calls. Almost all of them are insanely good

On the Couch segment (inc. Alan Richardson interview + Gaz going full Melbourne nuff, bless)

When I listened to it, I more took it as Buckley suggesting that Curnow has more value in a trade than McKay rather than believing that either Carlton will let him go or Curnow agreeing to be part of a deal.

It’s a weird discussion between three men about trades they totally don’t believe can possibly occur.

God I love this time of year! They should commence with trade radio early this time. I like the segments where they take random calls. Almost all of them are insanely good
He said if he was Carlton he'd traded Curnow coz McKay can play more than one role. Give me the guy who plays his role as a top 3 player in the league over a guy who is 12th to 25th in multiple roles.

It’s complicated now since Viney looks to be staying.

I could see a world where we offer Petracca VC and the promise to take over from Gawn in a few years (I’m not saying that is a great idea, I don’t think it is, but I could see us doing it). But that looks to be off the table

He said if he was Carlton he'd traded Curnow coz McKay can play more than one role. Give me the guy who plays his role as a top 3 player in the league than a guy who is 12th to 25th in multiple roles.
Oh right. Sorry. I didn’t listen with close attention clearly.

Yes that’s a weird take.

I do think Buckley has a great footy brain, but he’s never been known for his takes on the best mix forward

It’s complicated now since Viney looks to be staying.

I could see a world where we offer Petracca VC and the promise to take over from Gawn in a few years (I’m not saying that is a great idea, I don’t think it is, but I could see us doing it). But that looks to be off the table
I don't think Viney was ever leaving, he had probably asked for an extension and we probably said we would look at it next year. His management seized on the club being in dysfunction like a good manger should to spread the word to the media and North that he could want out. We got schooled pretty much.

Can almost guarantee our list and best 22 will barely look different going into season 2025.

Will be same plodders bombing it down the line and into the forward line for another season. We will bottom out as Tassie decides to come in.

Club has **** all of a backbone these days, would love to see us piss off a few players like we did with Hogan/Watts and make brave list decisions instead of “oh but we love you please stay” narrative we are rolling out off every player now, regardless how shit they were in 2024.

My tinfoil theory is I reckon Trac has cracked it and quietly asked his manager about the possibility of a trade, to which he has been told it’s all but impossible. This has leaked and now he has a bunch of egg on his face, hence the no public comments.

I’ve got no doubt he wants to go and I don’t blame him, but surely he knew when taking that monster contract it’d be extremely difficult to trade.

I think this whole 'life threatening' thing has been totally overblown. It was a very bad injury but I don't think his life was ever in question.

I'm starting to get some narcissistic vibes from Trac now. Like Christian, go through your rehab, use the club appointed sports psychologist that's available. He has access to better medical treatment than the average citizen and focus on your own game. Your goal kicking accuracy was the worst in the afl over a 3 year period. That's never improved. You were in a midfield group that got spanked by 100 points to Freo. You were a non-factor against one of the worst teams in the comp (wce) when we got smashed in the midfield again and lost badly. Just because you've had time to reflect, doesn't mean you should be taking down the whole club with you.

Happy to see him go for 2 firsts.

One (1) guess as to who posted this.

I don't think Viney was ever leaving, he had probably asked for an extension and we probably said we would look at it next year. His management seized on the club being in dysfunction like a good manger should to spread the word to the media and North that he could want out. We got schooled pretty much.
Oh we deserve it.

Right now somewhere in the country is a Chris Dawes type and his manager is rubbing his hands with glee

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back