Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Can almost guarantee our list and best 22 will barely look different going into season 2025.

Will be same plodders bombing it down the line and into the forward line for another season. We will bottom out as Tassie decides to come in.

Club has **** all of a backbone these days, would love to see us piss off a few players like we did with Hogan/Watts and make brave list decisions instead of “oh but we love you please stay” narrative we are rolling out off every player now, regardless how shit they were in 2024.

I wouldn’t trade Petracca but I do agree we are spineless. Such a far cry from the footy department 5-6 years ago.

My tinfoil theory is I reckon Trac has cracked it and quietly asked his manager about the possibility of a trade, to which he has been told it’s all but impossible. This has leaked and now he has a bunch of egg on his face, hence the no public comments.

I’ve got no doubt he wants to go and I don’t blame him, but surely he knew when taking that monster contract it’d be extremely difficult to trade.
Pretty much exactly what I'm thinking fellow tin foil hater.

Yeah, this is DL levels of dumb hate on Morris for doing his job and relaying news you dont want to hear about the club you support and your favourite players, boo hoo.

True but I hope the outcome from all this we can get on top of is the constant leaks out of the club and better comms. I mean yesterday's response by the club was weak at best.

Morris obviously has solid connections and if his information was untrue, i imagine Tracc and the club would say something publicly.

Hows Trac getting the security of a long term contract and then with 5 years to go saying ‘nah too hard’.

What’s the point of contracts then, should just be one year deals for everyone.

Hows Trac getting the security of a long term contract and then with 5 years to go saying ‘nah too hard’.

Normally I would quietly think this too, but I do think he has been through a lot. The club was shambolic already and you can’t underestimate the impact of that kind of trauma on your emotions

We're going down the NBA path, without the caveat that players can be traded without consent, which makes it tricky.

Contracts are financial security for players, not a binding commitment to their individual club anymore. When people start to understand that more, it'll be smoother.

My tinfoil theory is I reckon Trac has cracked it and quietly asked his manager about the possibility of a trade, to which he has been told it’s all but impossible. This has leaked and now he has a bunch of egg on his face, hence the no public comments.

I’ve got no doubt he wants to go and I don’t blame him, but surely he knew when taking that monster contract it’d be extremely difficult to trade.
Think I saw that ITK on DL (the one who had the Mills goss last off-season weeks before it got to the media) say this is pretty much what went down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So stupid how we do things.
It certainly needs to re-balance at some stage.

Obviously AFL players aren't making NBA money, so being traded without consent and having to uproot your family/life (a lot of these guys would have mortgages etc) isn't quite as easy; however, the trade-off probably needs to be some more power given to clubs.

That and 'homesickness' is overblown a bit in Australia. It's a national competition at the end of the day – don't sign an extension if you know you want to go home.

I think a good policy would be 1 player per club gets a no trade clause, where the player has to agree to a trade if he was to be traded. Far too many good to mid level players get a say in where they will go in the AFL. If you want to play football for money you should play for whichever club is happy to pay you. Free agency is the only place you should be able to get the chance to decide your fate.

Obviously AFL players aren't making NBA money, so being traded without consent and having to uproot your family/life (a lot of these guys would have mortgages etc) isn't quite as easy; however, the trade-off probably needs to be some more power given to clubs.
Yes, but they are only competing against fellow Australians. NBA is a world sport so it makes sense they arent earning that sort of money. Work a 9 to 5 on far less if you cant handle moving interstate.

Bit like Trac in that the contract still has a while to go and we’d be asking for two firsts, so nothing will happen.

Houston compo would be about right.

That said Pickett is one I wouldn’t advocate to lose, while happy to trade out our midfield brigade of plodders who can’t hit a target I think we need Picketts point of difference. Obviously other clubs see the same.

Can almost guarantee our list and best 22 will barely look different going into season 2025.

Will be same plodders bombing it down the line and into the forward line for another season. We will bottom out as Tassie decides to come in.

Club has **** all of a backbone these days, would love to see us piss off a few players like we did with Hogan/Watts and make brave list decisions instead of “oh but we love you please stay” narrative we are rolling out off every player now, regardless how shit they were in 2024.
Agreed . Viney set to sign. Oliver being sent overseas for a fitness camp, and nothing at all tying Trac to leaving. Minimal changes will be made. A scapegoat or two in the coaches box and that will be it pretty much.

Yeah, this is DL levels of dumb hate on Morris for doing his job and relaying news you dont want to hear about the club you support and your favourite players, boo hoo.
Wrong. I've hated the guy since he first came on the seen. Got nothing to do with our club or players. Same with McLure. Footy journalism is at an all time low. Anything out of those two grubs mouths I won't believe until I hear it from the actual source. But hey, you do you. No need to boo hoo anyone for their opinion or degrading by saying they're DL levels.

Houston compo would be about right.

That said Pickett is one I wouldn’t advocate to lose, while happy to trade out our midfield brigade of plodders who can’t hit a target I think we need Picketts point of difference. Obviously other clubs see the same.
Pickett is untradeable surely. Just signed. He'd be one I'd hold to his contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back