Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
He's flip-flopped on that. Also said Oliver was inspiring him with his efforts to get back into the side.

Still think Trac's head is all over the place and he's looking for any excuse at the moment. Don't think his mind is in a good place at all.
My point was that was very un Trac like to say that publically.

Listen to the vid of Schwarz that I posted, both he and Scott Cummings (ie: ex players) said the player needs to be protected from himself and the club failed him.

Injuries are going to happen if you play AFL. Don’t play AFL if you need protecting. Go play netball.

These players trying to be heroes is what’s making the game so difficult for medicos to do there job properly.

He's flip-flopped on that. Also said Oliver was inspiring him with his efforts to get back into the side.

Still think Trac's head is all over the place and he's looking for any excuse at the moment. Don't think his mind is in a good place at all.
The starting point was he was unhappy with the club. That's on us. Not him.
All the reasons coming out now might scale in severity but there's no reason to believe Trac just decided to leave Melbourne on a whim and the club isn't responsible

Your a nuffy if you are blaming the club for almost killing him.

Firstly it was Darcy Moore who kneed him
Secondly the medicos did due diligence and it was signed off by the AFL
Thirdly Trac himself physically decided to go back on the field and walked back on himself.

Club does a lot of dumb shit but this is one hot take.
The AFL should say this in court to the concussion victims suing them. Firstly it was another player that concussed them, secondly the medicos in that time period thought it was okay, thirdly the player really wanted to go out there and play sports ball again

At the end of the day the club and it's nuff supporters like cndee deserve this for not dealing with Oliver last year. Instead of trading out a bloke who gave us nothing for the year well lose our best player and most professional instead.
Probably two of our most professional players if you include ANB.

Not if Spargo is part of the problem. Or didn't agree with him. Or did, but thought the club could change. Or did, but was comfortable to ride it out.

Plenty of ways Trac's conversations could have played out.

if he told 42 players and all the admin. And nobody agreed with him, or enough to also back him. Then don’t you think that is unusual?

I could tell 50 people in a room that Michael Jackson was still alive and there’s likely chance one bloke would at least believe me.

Your a nuffy if you are blaming the club for almost killing him.

Firstly it was Darcy Moore who kneed him
Secondly the medicos did due diligence and it was signed off by the AFL
Thirdly Trac himself physically decided to go back on the field and walked back on himself.

Club does a lot of dumb shit but this is one hot take.
Still missing the point, Melbourne listed him as potentially available for finals when the bloke was at his lowest point mentally. Rather than showing actual care for him which they preach to death they were more concerned with trying to show he might play again soon.

The starting point was he was unhappy with the club. That's on us. Not him.
All the reasons coming out now might scale in severity but there's no reason to believe Trac just decided to leave Melbourne on a whim and the club isn't responsible
I don't disagree. Think we've completely ****ed it and he just wants a fresh start altogether. If that's the case we'd be stupid to keep him. Just find a way to get the best deal possible and try to leave it on better terms than we're on now.

The AFL should say this in court to the concussion victims suing them. Firstly it was another player that concussed them, secondly the medicos in that time period thought it was okay, thirdly the player really wanted to go out there and play sports ball again

So what’s the solution? Every time some bloke cops a corky we sub them out just in case there is internal bleeding?

Still missing the point, Melbourne listed him as potentially available for finals when the bloke was at his lowest point mentally. Rather than showing actual care for him which they preach to death they were more concerned with trying to show he might play again soon.

Yeah that part was idiotic I agree with. Our club has no idea to ever read the room, people in charge of certain areas must be socially retarted.

if he told 42 players and all the admin. And nobody agreed with him, or enough to also back him. Then don’t you think that is unusual?

I could tell 50 people in a room that Michael Jackson was still alive and there’s likely chance one bloke would at least believe me.
My point is I don't see why the conversation would play out that way. It's a workplace. Everytime I have a problem with something at work I don't stand on a desk in the middle of the office, summon 50+ people and then tell them all my problems.

I also don't go to 50 individual people and have 50 conversations.

I take it up with management (Goody, Richo, Roffey, Pert).

Or if my issue is with management I take it up with senior colleagues (Gawn, Viney, May).

I miss the Paul Roos days when the only time you'd be hurt about a player leaving was guys like Alex Georgiou and Dean Terlich who were delisted because they dressed up as paedophiles for Mad Monday 😪

I don't disagree. Think we've completely ****ed it and he just wants a fresh start altogether. If that's the case we'd be stupid to keep him. Just find a way to get the best deal possible and try to leave it on better terms than we're on now.
I think it would be hypocritical to say half the stuffs true and the other half's not i.e he wants to play infront of big crowds, but I bet on a pie chart that's a little sliver in context to the bigger stuff. Like he maybe realising he might die has made him determined to enjoy his last few years as a footballer even more and playing down at Utas for north isn't it. I don't really blame anyone for that take and the only reason he's thinking about this stuff is because of his lost faith in the club.

It probably is best to let him go but **** that feels like the wrong option. Doesn't fix in anything relatively

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries are going to happen if you play AFL. Don’t play AFL if you need protecting. Go play netball.

These players trying to be heroes is what’s making the game so difficult for medicos to do there job properly.
Even if Petracca wanted to return to the field, footballers wanting to play football isn't the problem - or even the issue.

My point is I don't see why the conversation would play out that way. It's a workplace. Everytime I have a problem with something at work I stand on a desk in the middle.of the office, summon 50+ people and then tell them all my problems.

I also don't go to 50 individual people and have 50 conversations.

I take it up with management (Goody, Richo, Roffey, Pert).

Or if my issue is with management I take it up with senior colleagues (Gawn, Viney, May).

He did do that though, on Monday when he addressed the players. Wasn’t that the whole point of that?

These blokes also have other channels of communication like text/Whatsapp/Email/call ect.

Otherwise it tells me he is not communicating what’s ****ed well at all to the point that it has pissed off the whole club.

So what’s the solution? Every time some bloke cops a corky we sub them out just in case there is internal bleeding?
ive gone from getting annoyed with your views on his injury to now laughing thanks to these b2b posts, you crack me up Mich0

He did do that though, on Monday when he addressed the players. Wasn’t that the whole point of that?

These blokes also have other channels of communication like text/Whatsapp/Email/call ect.

Otherwise it tells me he is not communicating what’s ****ed well at all to the point that it has pissed off the whole club.
That's not how I interpreted his address to the players. I took that as him explaining where he was mentally after what occurred. I seriously doubt he aired any dirty laundry to everyone at once.

Even if Petracca wanted to return to the field, footballers wanting to play football isn't the problem - or even the issue.
You can't have a club that preaches care and player safety over and over again while behind closed doors never actually being safe with injured players. Opposition players were telling Trac he needed to go off an get help. That they could see it more than the people who 'love him most' 🤮 is hilarious

You can't have a club that preaches care and player safety over and over again while behind closed doors never actually being safe with injured players. Opposition players were telling Trac he needed to go off an get help. That they could see it more than the people who 'love him most' 🤮 is hilarious

Think the issues sit on both sides of the fence. That’s all I’m saying.

Club pisses me off with list management and down the line contest ball winning trash and ****ing up our facilities and list goes on but Trac isn’t 100% innocent in all this from what the media is saying.

Anyway that said, I’m just happy we are trading some blokes out, be good to change up our list and hopefully be able to play fast footy next year.

Thought on some of the kids at pointy end of draft

My favs but not expecting to be available:
  • Jagga Smith: reminds me of butters
  • Harvey Langford: Finn Callaghan type
  • Sid Draper: No way he gets past crows.

Like but not sold (2 will likely be available)
  • Murphy Reid: has time and space, uses it well but never really seems like he has much heat on him in the highlights. I'd want to see him under more heat and if those traits hold up like they do with Jagga.
  • Smilie: Bont like or maybe Cripps. Not sure how he goes when his size isn't such a massive advantage. Questionable tank. Think he is the most likely of this group to get snapped up before us anyway.
  • Lalor: not Trac 2.0 but some promising traits. Reminded me of Darcy Fogarty when forward.

Not keen on for our 1st pick
  • Trainor: not big enough for key defense but looks quality but too early for our pick.
  • Armstrong: really don't want to use our first pick on a tall fwd and what we could really use is a 200cm type. I'm not falling for that "best of the big fwds" crap, so many duds of the last have climbed the boards in a midfield dominant draft.
  • Finn O'Sullivan: not sure what it is but came across as a bit meh to me. Maybe just bad highlights package since he is ranked 4 by Cal Twomey but looks like the one most likely to still be available of the mids and I'm not excited.

Our biggest issue is mids who can use the ball and have some pace/agility so I hope we go that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back