Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Mich is so excited at the idea of us trading a big name hes jumped on the Trac hate train. Thats what it comes down to, he doesnt want to miss out on a potentially exciting trade period.

🎶 Ive been waiting for this moment for all my life, hold on 🎶

I think it would be hypocritical to say half the stuffs true and the other half's not i.e he wants to play infront of big crowds, but I bet on a pie chart that's a little sliver in context to the bigger stuff. Like he maybe realising he might die has made him determined to enjoy his last few years as a footballer even more and playing down at Utas for north isn't it. I don't really blame anyone for that take and the only reason he's thinking about this stuff is because of his lost faith in the club.

It probably is best to let him go but **** that feels like the wrong option. Doesn't fix in anything relatively
To letting him go I would say "yes and..." the next step is pulling a fine tooth comb through the club to work out how we got to this point since the flag.

I can't believe that the club could try and pull what they did last year, head down to the Sorrento Hotel for a pint and wait for all this to blow over.

If he goes there will be no dreamers left. The club will have no choice but to try and build a new pool of talent, that process will take years and will see a lot of turnover through the footy department and administration imo. I think Pert and Richo will probably cop the blame first. Roffey might stick around for a bit but once the hard work starts I wouldn't be surprised if she quietly resigns. Goodwin might survive for another year or two but if we aren't making finals and stagnating after all that he'll get the sack.

Mich is so excited at the idea of us trading a big name hes jumped on the Trac hate train. Thats what it comes down to, he doesnt want to miss out on a potentially exciting trade period.

🎶 Ive been waiting for this moment for all my life, hold on 🎶

It’s not always so black and white

Which is fine, he never needed to be captain. I don't think keeping him happy was ever that difficult and it shows the incompetence of the club that he isn't
We totally should have done much better by him, and nobody in the universe would claim we are anything but incompetent.

I still thought there was something in Buckley’s suggestion that Petracca & managers are making good use of the trauma angle so he can walk from a contract. I didn’t think much of Trac’s interview tonight.

I’m probably just in a shitty mood because I try to get away from this and every 30 minutes Insta pings and it’s Petracca trying to sell me his bespoke Ralph Lauren scent

How do you know he hasn't tried to address things and it's fallen on deaf ears and that's part of the problem?
I don't but here are some reasons why I don't think he has.

He is always referred to as 'likeable', 'high energy' or 'clown' of the group.

Lot of meditation and how he centres himself for the next moment always sounded pretty centred on himself.

He is experienced at 28, very professional but not chosen for leadership group?

He has a strong media presence on 360, interviewed all the time but never heard any language suggesting he is questioning or challenging the team mates.

We totally should have done much better by him, and nobody in the universe would claim we are anything but incompetent.

I still thought there was something in Buckley’s suggestion that Petracca & managers are making good use of the trauma angle so he can walk from a contract. I didn’t think much of Trac’s interview tonight.

I’m probably just in a shitty mood because I try to get away from this and every 30 minutes Insta pings and it’s Petracca trying to sell me his bespoke Ralph Lauren scent
I think everyone's doing this. If you don't think this brand Petracca and big crowds angle wasn't leaked by us to make him look selfish for wanting to leave I can't help you. The clubs trying to trash him and he's trashing the club, probably teammates, other clubs etc involved as well. This is a whole big stinky mess but like I keep coming back too, this didn't start with Petracca. This started with the poor running of a football club.

I don't but here are some reasons why I don't think he has.

He is always referred to as 'likeable', 'high energy' or 'clown' of the group.

Lot of meditation and how he centres himself for the next moment always sounded pretty centred on himself.

He is experienced at 28, very professional but not chosen for leadership group?

He has a strong media presence on 360, interviewed all the time but never heard any language suggesting he is questioning or challenging the team mates.
He’s a nice friendly guy and an incredible footballer, but he wants everyone to love him.

I don’t see him having hard hitting conversations about what is getting to him about the club either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To letting him go I would say "yes and..." the next step is pulling a fine tooth comb through the club to work out how we got to this point since the flag.

I can't believe that the club could try and pull what they did last year, head down to the Sorrento Hotel for a pint and wait for all this to blow over.

If he goes there will be no dreamers left. The club will have no choice but to try and build a new pool of talent, that process will take years and will see a lot of turnover through the footy department and administration imo. I think Pert and Richo will probably cop the blame first. Roffey might stick around for a bit but once the hard work starts I wouldn't be surprised if she quietly resigns. Goodwin might survive for another year or two but if we aren't making finals and stagnating after all that he'll get the sack.
Problem is I think trading Trac would be like cutting off a limb to save an infection but it's far too late and the infection has spread all over and we're just cutting off our arm now

I think everyone's doing this. If you don't think this brand Petracca and big crowds angle wasn't leaked by us to make him look selfish for wanting to leave I can't help you. The clubs trying to trash him and he's trashing the club, probably teammates, other clubs etc involved as well. This is a whole big stinky mess but like I keep coming back too, this didn't start with Petracca. This started with the poor running of a football club.
Oh totally.

I just don’t fully believe his reborn routine now

Problem is I think trading Trac would be like cutting off a limb to save an infection but it's far too late and the infection has spread all over and we're just cutting off our arm now
Happy to opt for euthanasia at this point.

I’m probably just in a shitty mood because I try to get away from this and every 30 minutes Insta pings and it’s Petracca trying tell me his bespoke Ralph Lauren scent
Get off social media, it will make you happier. I gave it away over 10 years ago and havent looked back. The people you care about in life have your phone number so you wont miss out on anything important, just a bunch of pointless crap the rest of it.

Get off social media, it will make you happier. I gave it away over 10 years ago and havent looked back. The people you care about in life have your phone number so you wont miss out on anything important, just a bunch of pointless crap the rest of it.

AFL Memes Facebook group makes for great value. You are truly missing out.

if he told 42 players and all the admin. And nobody agreed with him, or enough to also back him. Then don’t you think that is unusual?

I could tell 50 people in a room that Michael Jackson was still alive and there’s likely chance one bloke would at least believe me.
Wait! MJ is dead?

Brb.

Lol just realised the parallels of the norm Smith curse and Barassi leaving for Carlton and winning flags. Guess Tracs captain coaching Carlton to a flag.

Barassi constantly advertising Winfield blues on his instagram should have been the sign

He's flip-flopped on that. Also said Oliver was inspiring him with his efforts to get back into the side.

Still think Trac's head is all over the place and he's looking for any excuse at the moment. Don't think his mind is in a good place at all.
No. I think he’s in some trouble.

A new environment might help him pull it together, but I don’t think it is guaranteed

Thought on some of the kids at pointy end of draft

My favs but not expecting to be available:
  • Jagga Smith: reminds me of butters
  • Harvey Langford: Finn Callaghan type
  • Sid Draper: No way he gets past crows.

Like but not sold (2 will likely be available)
  • Murphy Reid: has time and space, uses it well but never really seems like he has much heat on him in the highlights. I'd want to see him under more heat and if those traits hold up like they do with Jagga.
  • Smilie: Bont like or maybe Cripps. Not sure how he goes when his size isn't such a massive advantage. Questionable tank. Think he is the most likely of this group to get snapped up before us anyway.
  • Lalor: not Trac 2.0 but some promising traits. Reminded me of Darcy Fogarty when forward.

Not keen on for our 1st pick
  • Trainor: not big enough for key defense but looks quality but too early for our pick.
  • Armstrong: really don't want to use our first pick on a tall fwd and what we could really use is a 200cm type. I'm not falling for that "best of the big fwds" crap, so many duds of the last have climbed the boards in a midfield dominant draft.
  • Finn O'Sullivan: not sure what it is but came across as a bit meh to me. Maybe just bad highlights package since he is ranked 4 by Cal Twomey but looks like the one most likely to still be available of the mids and I'm not excited.

Our biggest issue is mids who can use the ball and have some pace/agility so I hope we go that way.

Good post.

Hope we can pickup a 2nd top 10 and snare 2 of the mids with Reid being one of them. (Langford/Smillie the other).

I also like Joe Berry, getting him in the teens would allow us to **** off Chandler.

F1 and pick 25 for pick 6 from Richmond?

I'm all for having 22 subs. Let's go.
I'm down for this, provided the activated subs come out of the race making a WWE-style entrance.

"Bah gawd it's Oliver Sestan with a steel chair!!"

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back