Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
I’f Trac is actually going , I hope it’s to Carlton for Pick 11 , F1 & Cerra .

Hopefully can trade the F1 and the neal
Bullen pick to move up in this draft , and get 2 guns this year in a strong pool

Optimistically a line up of - ( a Fit ) Oliver , Cerra , Viny & Rivers , isn’t the worst midfield ..
That's a ****ing dog shit midfield lol 😂

I don’t think for half a moment that anyone will pick it up, but I’m not kidding. 24 hours and I send this shit (and it’s pretty shit) to every media outlet I can think of. Maybe radio might discuss it in a slow moment? Who cares. It’s about time these flogs realise they wouldn’t even have their grandiose titles if it weren’t for members and supporters.

In the meantime, I will take suggestions from anyone about who to send this to in 24 hours.
Kane cornes, he's all aboard the **** Melbourne train right now.

Okay so… this is what I sent to the club on attempt number three. And I tried super hard to stay civilised:

Dear Kate and Gary

I emailed you twice in the last year. I was sorry to have had no response. I emailed you personally, since our MFC club says that members and fans may do this in the interests of transparency. I followed up with another email several weeks later requesting some response and have heard nothing.

I was not rude to you. I simply explained why being a long-time member, donor and sponsor of our players is hard going currently. I didn’t expect a personal email from you as I know you are likely very busy, but I did anticipate some kind of polite, holding response from a staff member along the lines of “we appreciate feedback from…”. I have many friends who are supporters of other clubs who have contacted their club with their views, and they were shocked that I have heard nothing. I was not abusive to you or anyone. This time I will also send the email not just to you but also to the Chief Executive Officer in the hope that someone at the Melbourne Football Club cares enough about its paying members to at least acknowledge me as a supporter and member of this club. Or even as a human being. I reply to emails when I get them. I’m busy too.

So here we are. We managed to draft one of the most exciting talents of the league in three decades. He wants to leave. In the media today were rumours that one of the other most joyful and exciting players I have seen at Melbourne (or anywhere else) wants to leave. The rumours about the second remain rumours, but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised. I hope that you are able to find the time to tell Petracca and Pickett that I will miss them very much in Red and Blue, but will watch their careers anywhere because these players are why I enjoy Australian Football. I want to see talented players fly - not be weighed down with the ball and chain that is our club is in 2024. Or 2023. Or even 2022 - we all saw it coming.

That said, I am a paying member and given all the ugly things that have come out, I would like to know when we are having a proper and independent review of all parts of the club? All parts - including leadership, administration and direction? The line that “we are always in review” is not good enough. Where has that got us today exactly?

Please understand that I am not after flags, though it was amazing and lovely when it happened, even to us fans in lockdown in Victoria. If I was to fixate on flags, I wouldn’t have emptied my pockets on membership, donations and player sponsorship on MFC. But I love my club and live for those times when I can get excited about our development and leave a game, head held high, because win or lose we were exciting to watch. For some years this hasn’t been the case. We were wonderful fun in 2021. We aren’t now. And it’s not about the players.

I am concerned that you yourselves may measure your success on the increase in member numbers. Don’t. They will decline. The players who are leaving are what got us new members, not the board, not the administration. I’m also concerned that in speaking for the club, it is entirely left to Max Gawn. It feels as though he has plenty on his plate. Could we not hear from the President for example? Could we even have a tiny update on progress to have a proper home from anyone at all?

No doubt you aren’t reading this, as you haven’t read my last two emails, but if you are then I hope you understand that the “club” is the members. Otherwise it doesn’t exist. So while you are super important people, I should be pretty important to you. And I would like you to treat members with more respect than has been the case under your tenure.

Petracca will no doubt be traded. I wish I could be traded too.

I hope you respond this time.

Yours sincerely

… PG

Okay so… this is what I sent to the club on attempt number three. And I tried super hard to stay civilised:

Dear Kate and Gary

I emailed you twice in the last year. I was sorry to have had no response. I emailed you personally, since our MFC club says that members and fans may do this in the interests of transparency. I followed up with another email several weeks later requesting some response and have heard nothing.

I was not rude to you. I simply explained why being a long-time member, donor and sponsor of our players is hard going currently. I didn’t expect a personal email from you as I know you are likely very busy, but I did anticipate some kind of polite, holding response from a staff member along the lines of “we appreciate feedback from…”. I have many friends who are supporters of other clubs who have contacted their club with their views, and they were shocked that I have heard nothing. I was not abusive to you or anyone. This time I will also send the email not just to you but also to the Chief Executive Officer in the hope that someone at the Melbourne Football Club cares enough about its paying members to at least acknowledge me as a supporter and member of this club. Or even as a human being. I reply to emails when I get them. I’m busy too.

So here we are. We managed to draft one of the most exciting talents of the league in three decades. He wants to leave. In the media today were rumours that one of the other most joyful and exciting players I have seen at Melbourne (or anywhere else) wants to leave. The rumours about the second remain rumours, but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised. I hope that you are able to find the time to tell Petracca and Pickett that I will miss them very much in Red and Blue, but will watch their careers anywhere because these players are why I enjoy Australian Football. I want to see talented players fly - not be weighed down with the ball and chain that is our club is in 2024. Or 2023. Or even 2022 - we all saw it coming.

That said, I am a paying member and given all the ugly things that have come out, I would like to know when we are having a proper and independent review of all parts of the club? All parts - including leadership, administration and direction? The line that “we are always in review” is not good enough. Where has that got us today exactly?

Please understand that I am not after flags, though it was amazing and lovely when it happened, even to us fans in lockdown in Victoria. If I was to fixate on flags, I wouldn’t have emptied my pockets on membership, donations and player sponsorship on MFC. But I love my club and live for those times when I can get excited about our development and leave a game, head held high, because win or lose we were exciting to watch. For some years this hasn’t been the case. We were wonderful fun in 2021. We aren’t now. And it’s not about the players.

I am concerned that you yourselves may measure your success on the increase in member numbers. Don’t. They will decline. The players who are leaving are what got us new members, not the board, not the administration. I’m also concerned that in speaking for the club, it is entirely left to Max Gawn. It feels as though he has plenty on his plate. Could we not hear from the President for example? Could we even have a tiny update on progress to have a proper home from anyone at all?

No doubt you aren’t reading this, as you haven’t read my last two emails, but if you are then I hope you understand that the “club” is the members. Otherwise it doesn’t exist. So while you are super important people, I should be pretty important to you. And I would like you to treat members with more respect than has been the case under your tenure.

Petracca will no doubt be traded. I wish I could be traded too.

I hope you respond this time.

Yours sincerely

… PG
Well said.

I hope you get the reply you deserve.

Are we back to the glory days of predicted best 22 filled with draft picks. Petracca, kozzie, anb out. In pick 5, future 1st rounder, pick 10, pick 25.

Best 22

Lever may mcvee
Bowey Salem pick 25
Windsor viney Langdon
Pick 5 petty fritsch
Pick 10 jvr turner

Gawn rivers Oliver

Sparrow chandler Woewodin billings.

Sub: future 1st

Lol in 2008-20 I would have shaken hands with the devil to see one flag and then let the club be cursed again. Whichever campaigner actually did it needs to put their hands up
:whistle:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Treloar officially requests trade to Melbourne

Ok.

He asked a simple question on the where abouts she was from. I simply said she's a Darwin girl.

I am now unsure why you've randomly gone on this weird rant towards me..?
Apologies. I wasn’t having a go at you.

heck we have bugger all decent senior players now, we’re gonna be like North ffs.
We've always been a Norf. Dogs, Saints, Norf and Dees(maybe Freo as well) are kindred spirits. Minnows that are either feeder clubs or just incapable of sustained success. Like those EPL clubs that perpetually fight relegation.

You can tell how stupid/naive someone is if they believe players are just telling random fans exactly what their plans are and how they really feel. There is one legit ITK on DL that rarely posts (GoodwinDees), there is matsta1975 on here who clearly has/had connection to the club and I know dazzledavey36 gets a small amount of info. Anyone else has NFI.

🥊 🦷

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back