Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Think one aspect that has kind of been missed in all the discussions about our culture is that it seems like a lot of our players don't really get along or like each other very much.

There's something to be said for Petracca's complaints about his teammates not checking in on him.

I remember there was an incident in either 2022 or 23, one of Collingwood's players went down, the stretcher came out and before it drove away every Collingwood player was around it showing some love for their fallen teammate.

I don't feel like we really have that. Instead we have players getting into fights at restaurants and ratting on each other to the media.
It’s a very closed and claustrophobic world they live in.

It doesn’t take much for resentments to take hold in that kind of environment and cliques to form. Once these fractures occur then they are nearly impossible to repair.

It’s a very closed and claustrophobic world they live in.

It doesn’t take much for resentments to take hold in that kind of environment and cliques to form. Once these fractures occur then they are nearly impossible to repair.
Plus young kids are little marshmallows these days I bet they struggle with conflict instead of punching on in a French restaurant like real men

Plus young kids are little marshmallows these days I bet they struggle with conflict instead of punching on in a French restaurant like real men
TK's lesson of the day: "Violence solves everything."

I hope you understand how much I, and everyone, appreciate your takes on these things Kent

**** if we could con Adelaide into giving up pick 4 for ANB & Clarry thatd be the dream.
ANB immediately reneges his trade request.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we need to stop finding ourselves in this position. its both makes me salivate and shudder.

that hogan trade where we lost neale kinda f**ked us. mostly because hogan came to perth and immediately got on the nose beers. you made out like bandits, got may who helped deliver an elusive premierships.

then the luke jackson trade. i kinda love him, but i'm also kinda confused by him. seems like he should be the dominant player on the ground but gets distracted by dandelions.

so any chance for pickett. Will we live to regret it or would we be shafting you? thoughts? ps bell is no longer in charge of player trades so we are probably quite easy to deal with now.

we need to stop finding ourselves in this position. its both makes me salivate and shudder.

that hogan trade where we lost neale kinda f**ked us. mostly because hogan came to perth and immediately got on the nose beers. you made out like bandits, got may who helped deliver an elusive premierships.

then the luke jackson trade. i kinda love him, but i'm also kinda confused by him. seems like he should be the dominant player on the ground but gets distracted by dandelions.

so any chance for pickett. Will we live to regret it or would we be shafting you? thoughts? ps bell is no longer in charge of player trades so we are probably quite easy to deal with now.
Pickett is a proven gun and a complete professional and family man. Any club would be lucky to have him.

Pickett is a proven gun and a complete professional and family man. Any club would be lucky to have him.
wait, i think you misinterpreted. i wasn't comparing him to hogans offield stuff whilst at freo. probs jackson is a better comparison.

tbh i would love to have pickett. class, hardness, good character is exactly what we need. i've believed for about 18 months now that this is freos most talented list ever. i think it dog walks our 2013 GF team.

but freos trading history is horrific. trading away stars combined with lots of traded in stars who don't perform.

One to think about with a later pick - for me he's the key forward in this pool with the most raw talent.

----

This was the second and final senior WAFL game by Gerreyn with West Perth missing out on finals, so the last opportunity we have to get a look at how he managed the step up to the level. Unfortunately both games were heavily impacted by rain and a very heavy deck, and as a result this wasn't a prolific game by any means but he had some fantastic moments that underlined his talent. He managed to take some nice marks with a greasy ball, and was clean at ground level. Size and strength wise he was certainly not out of place, but there were many times when the veteran Bulldogs defenders would beat him in contests with their craft and savvy.

wait, i think you misinterpreted. i wasn't comparing him to hogans offield stuff whilst at freo. probs jackson is a better comparison.

tbh i would love to have pickett. class, hardness, good character is exactly what we need. i've believed for about 18 months now that this is freos most talented list ever. i think it dog walks our 2013 GF team.

but freos trading history is horrific. trading away stars combined with lots of traded in stars who don't perform.
No I get you. Jackson is a prodigal talent but has always had a bit of a stoner vibe about him. Not sure he has the relentless determination to become what he should, being played out of position probably doesn't help.

Pickett is as professional as they come. Had a family tragedy prior to the 2021 season that meant he had to go home for a few months, still was able to get rock hard fit away from the club and have a break out season, kicking 40 goals in his second year.

I would be sadder to lose Pickett than Petracca.

No I get you. Jackson is a prodigal talent but has always had a bit of a stoner vibe about him. Not sure he has the relentless determination to become what he should, being played out of position probably doesn't help.

Pickett is as professional as they come. Had a family tragedy prior to the 2021 season that meant he had to go home for a few months, still was able to get rock hard fit away from the club and have a break out season, kicking 40 goals in his second year.

I would be sadder to lose Pickett than Petracca.
cheers, yeah jacksons a funny one. i don't think he is played out of position though. he can get beaten up by the bigger rucks. concedes 3 inches to jarrod witts etc.

After he won the flag with you guys he definitely didn't take to step forward i think he was capable of. I also think he will be incredible in the role we are developing him into. which is a general forward who gets up the ground. works back sort of thing. allowing us to keep treacy deeper. jackson seems to run under the ball a lot though.

tbh i agree with you about it would be harder to lose pickett than petracca. it might become a situation where freo are forced to choose between bolton and pickett. the reason is because both richmond and melbourne would demand 2 first round picks for them. fair enough tbh. freo maybe able to haggle a position of picks 9, 10 and 17 for the both of them. combined with the fact freo might quite like a player in the draft.

actually it might just end up being a drawn out trade period. where your trying to satify 2 clubs want 2 firsts, but the finer details get finicky.

I love how this thread is just the Dees supporters melting about our club imploding and then this Essendon chap is giving informative posts about potential draft targets.

Reminds me of that video where some Italian YouTube guy is reviewing croissants from various bakeries in Paris in the middle of a riot.

I love how this thread is just the Dees supporters melting about our club imploding and then this Essendon chap is giving informative posts about potential draft targets.

Reminds me of that video where some Italian YouTube guy is reviewing croissants from various bakeries in Paris in the middle of a riot.
Have been weighing up whether I shift posts to player/GD threads and keep this one for pure trade scenarios/news etc, but I'm sure there'll continue to be cross-pollination regardless, so probably no point.

I feel bad, they’re really great posts but I’m too consumed in the shitshow that is our club imploding haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back