Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
You're a human born with free will, and I haven't been made a moderator yet so I can't use those omnipotent powers to force you to watch.

However, I think you're very much incorrect if you think Smillie will be sliding out of the top 10. There will be a number of teams that covet his size, agility and clean hands. Feel free to give me the "I told you so" if it happens.
I think he will go top 10, but he won't live up to it. 😎 Sorry shouldn't have said draft board, more slide him down your personal rankings.

Hi all ... I come in peace ... just wondering what your thoughts for your pick 5?

Do you look for a mid to learn under and eventually replace Petracca, Oliver, Viney and co ...... or maybe a key back like Trainor to replace May (33 in Jan) & Lever (29 in March)?

There is talk you might be looking for another forward but with Fritsch, Petty and a developing Van Rooyen, Turner & Jefferson it seems you are quite well stocked there

As said .. come in peace... just trying to get a supporters angle on your 1st round pick

Cheers!!

Probably a mid with speed and skill. Reid or a Langford if Reid/Smith/Draper is gone.

Trainor isn’t really a key back he is more of a Tom Stewart interceptor type which we already have Lever for.

Key forward thing is old news from 2022 that the media keep rolling out because they are useless at analysing our list.

Last edited:

Hi all ... I come in peace ... just wondering what your thoughts for your pick 5?

Do you look for a mid to learn under and eventually replace Petracca, Oliver, Viney and co ...... or maybe a key back like Trainor to replace May (33 in Jan) & Lever (29 in March)?

There is talk you might be looking for another forward but with Fritsch, Petty and a developing Van Rooyen, Turner & Jefferson it seems you are quite well stocked there

As said .. come in peace... just trying to get a supporters angle on your 1st round pick

Cheers!!

Would hope it is a mid, Petty going back solves a lot of problems in defence but our mids look pretty bloody average long term.

Cheers!!
In line with others above, we need another metres gained type running midfielder.

A key forward would be great so we can throw Petty back into defence where he belongs, but it’s far more important that we alter our game plan to improve our speed on the ball and manner of forward entry.

This suits the current draft too, so watch this place melt if we don’t select a speedy midfielder with our first.

Hayden Young would be gold

Hey thanks to those who have replied re:pick 5 ... much appreciated :thumbsu:

Of course we are also wanting and probably looking at mids ... if we get pick 8 which would give us 2 picks inside Top 10 we need inside grunt with burst but also there is a need for class as well ... Langford Reid Smillie Lalor Lindsey would be all around that 7 / 8 pick

Apart from maybe Jagga, O'Sullivan & Draper going in the Top 4 (not incl. Ashcroft or Lombard) the rest is pure guesswork at this stage

Of course we are also wanting and probably looking at mids ... if we get pick 8 which would give us 2 picks inside Top 10 we need inside grunt with burst but also there is a need for class as well ... Langford Reid Smillie Lalor Lindsey would be all around that 7 / 8 pick

Apart from maybe Jagga, O'Sullivan & Draper going in the Top 4 (not incl. Ashcroft or Lombard) the rest is pure guesswork at this stage
JT will pick a gun mid or garbage tall forward. St Kilda will pick a garbage half fwd flank.

You're welcome 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe A11dAtP0w3R mentioned Brayshaw on here a while ago? Tom Morris on SEN this morning.

Andrew Brayshaw

“Fremantle want to extend him beyond free agency which is next year, but watch clubs come from the clouds for him.”

“He is a very attractive player, partly because he is a free agent next year, but he’s reliable, he’s a leader, he’s durable, he’s consistent.”

The season ended on a bit of a down note for Josh and his Eastern team as they fell away dramatically in the final quarter to lose in the Wild Card round to the Knights. It was a wild and windy day in Ballarat, and the intensity of the game was high, those two things combining to turn the game into a scrap with effective disposal at a premium. Smillie's natural instinct to take the game on with attack minded decisions caused him to turn the ball over on a number of occasions by hand and foot. He was still an influence at stoppage however, and had some highlight worthy moments including an unbelievable goal from an impossible angle.

Melbourne DNA all over him. Lock for our pick, might even waste a couple of picks trading up to make sure of it.
  • runs back into traffic
  • tried to take on 3 tackles, fails and then whinges that he got a handball out
  • tries to kick into the middle , misses by 5 metres straight to opposition
  • tried a 15m kick to free player 45 out directly in front and misses by 15 metres
  • kicks a goal out of his ass
  • fades out of the game in the last QTR

Only thing that might stop us is that he nailed that set shot from directly in front. It's rare that our game plan hits someone up in that spot and players are encouraged to deliberately miss as a warning to others to kick it long and deep to the pockets.

I believe A11dAtP0w3R mentioned Brayshaw on here a while ago? Tom Morris on SEN this morning.

Andrew Brayshaw

“Fremantle want to extend him beyond free agency which is next year, but watch clubs come from the clouds for him.”

“He is a very attractive player, partly because he is a free agent next year, but he’s reliable, he’s a leader, he’s durable, he’s consistent.”
If the Kozzy deal happens you'd expect we'd go pretty hard here.

What's the matter, didn't want to sift through 266 pages of our off topic rants to find the 7 posts about the draft/fa/trades?

I reckon both our teams are looking for the same things. Improved midfield but maybe different types.
Supporters - more speed and ball use.
Club - more inside beast for contest and defense
You guys - maybe a little more into inside mids so expect us to take exactly who you wanted.

Andrew Brayshaw

Without knowing anything, id suggest we are out of the running given the current goings on with the club. :tearsofjoy:

Without knowing anything, id suggest we are out of the running given the current goings on with the club. :tearsofjoy:
It's an interesting one. Angus always seemed to absolutely love the club.

He was the glue guy, I think partly because of that love for the club. Has that soured after his injury, retirement and mental health decline? Does he get back involved at the club next year? I personally hope so.

Andrew Brayshaw

I mentioned on here that Cam Luke told a few people at a Dees function, that we were right into Brayshaw. Actually going hard for him. We're clearly dangling a fair bit of cash around in the hope something sticks. I was just happy to hear that we were going hard for a quality mid and not a tall forward. Still expect Freo to keep him, but who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back