Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Having worked my career around executing independent reviews, they need to go somewhere to someone who will do something with the findings - otherwise it’s a big waste of time.

Generally it’s Management who want the review into part of their operations because they acknowledge something is not right, or the Board who want the review into their Management because they acknowledge something is not right.

Problem here is I suspect the biggest culprits that an independent review will point the finger at will be the recipients of the review who don’t appear to acknowledge that something is not right.

So it’s effectively impossible for there to be a truly independent review with recommendations that will be adopted unless there is a Board revolt with the existing Board members, or a substantially new Board is elected by the voting supporters/members.

The other wild card here is the AFL themselves exerting pressure for an independent review which they can do via dividend distributions, fixturing etc.

VFL Showreel, R3: Wade Derksen highlights

Strong hands, huge kick: The best of Wade Derksen

VFL Showreel, R8: Wade Derksen highlights

Cheers for that.

He looks pretty decent from those vids

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looks like there's a bit to work with.

Cheers for that.

He looks pretty decent from those vids

Looks to have a lovely set of hands and a long, accurate kick on him. Knowing Goody, he probably has him earmarked for Petty's old role in defence while Harry stays forward.

I threw his name up as a potential target about 130 or so pages ago but got buried pretty deep with all the Ttac stuff 😂.

Stuck behind a pretty stacked fwd line, probably why they tried him out in defense but like the look of him.

Surprised if we don't also have the feelers out on Jacob Konstanty from Swans. Small pressure fwd from Vic, highly rated junior who went at pick 20 a couple of years ago but a combination of injuries and pretty stacked team with similar players have kept him out.

Having worked my career around executing independent reviews, they need to go somewhere to someone who will do something with the findings - otherwise it’s a big waste of time.

Generally it’s Management who want the review into part of their operations because they acknowledge something is not right, or the Board who want the review into their Management because they acknowledge something is not right.

Problem here is I suspect the biggest culprits that an independent review will point the finger at will be the recipients of the review who don’t appear to acknowledge that something is not right.

So it’s effectively impossible for there to be a truly independent review with recommendations that will be adopted unless there is a Board revolt with the existing Board members, or a substantially new Board is elected by the voting supporters/members.

The other wild card here is the AFL themselves exerting pressure for an independent review which they can do via dividend distributions, fixturing etc.

I've got slim hope that Brad Green's still in that whatsapp group and will agitate for change.

If I was reviewing I'd say in bold font "too many heads in too many arses".

I threw his name up as a potential target about 130 or so pages ago but got buried pretty deep with all the Ttac stuff 😂.

Stuck behind a pretty stacked fwd line, probably why they tried him out in defense but like the look of him.

Surprised if we don't also have the feelers out on Jacob Konstanty from Swans. Small pressure fwd from Vic, highly rated junior who went at pick 20 a couple of years ago but a combination of injuries and pretty stacked team with similar players have kept him out.
Heard you guys are keen on Konstanty and Clarke from WB

Heard you guys are keen on Konstanty and Clarke from WB
Sounds like we've stopped targeting old blokes on the delist pile and have started looking for young guys who can't break into their sides. Much prefer that approach.

Sounds like we've stopped targeting old blokes on the delist pile and have started looking for young guys who can't break into their sides. Much prefer that approach.
That's much better. Still need to look at guys in the sweet spot age(23-27) range.

Gold Coast just axed a lazy half dozen,

Darcy Macpherson

James Tsitas

Jack Mahony

Sandy Brock

Oskar Faulkhead

Will Rowlands

Any interests on any of these?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been hoping that when they said they needed to go older that they were referring to just not adding 6 guys from the draft as opposed to getting 30+ has beens.

I don't mind looking at a few of the 20-22 draft guys who just haven't got many games due to injuries or depth in strong sides.

God knows we have lost some that way when we were going well: Bedford and Jordan while not a difference in winning a premiership would still have made our team better this year. Hell even Harmes would have been handy depth.

Darcy Macpherson

James Tsitas

Jack Mahony

Sandy Brock

Oskar Faulkhead

Will Rowlands

MacPherson the only one I've really seen. Mahony was a roos reject first. Tsatas must be older brother of the Bomber one?

Would be more interested in:
Rosa's JNR is apparently been told to test the market and Alex Davies is also gettable apparently.

MacPherson the only one I've really seen. Mahony was a roos reject first. Tsatas must be older brother of the Bomber one?

Rosa's JNR is apparently been told to test the market and Alex Davies is also gettable apparently.

Darcy Macpherson

James Tsitas

Jack Mahony

Sandy Brock

Oskar Faulkhead

Will Rowlands

Only ones that I have listed that I would interested in is Brock.

Rosas would be a great get.

It's Tsitas who was delisted, not related to Tsatas at Essendon to my knowledge.

Not sure we should be looking at any of the delistees at all. Davies maybe if he came super cheap (which he would but I think we'd have competition), but he's more of the same of what we have. Rosas might be alright too but I would rather bring in some midfield depth over a small forward.

The longer the week has gone on the more I think he'll stay. Not saying we don't explore what's out there, as this will be probably the highest selling point for him, but I doubt the teams in the conversation can muster up a decent trade. I also think the media play this up big time. Still no official word from Trac or his camp, even with all the attention. Until there is I'll just assume he'll be at our first day of training in November. Same with Koz.
IF he decides next year to go, there will be a lot of cache about to get a deal done... prior to Tassie coming in.

Can’t see anyone willing to part with multiple first round picks to gamble on Petracca recovering from his major injuries.

Next season could be our turn to completely turn over the list, from the A-grades down.

Oli could be in the churn.. and maybe even a near 30Yr old Tracca.?

I am still not a total believer in the sudden change of heart.

And also the total about face of Houston. I get a feeling Houston maybe only wants to come the the RedNBlue.?

There would have been plenty of other suitors, for a good kick coming off halfback.
Watch this 2025 space.

I don't give a crap about those Muppets, they don't make any meaningful decisions about footy. Of course, if they go it's likely Goody will go too.
That's the whole problem in a nutshell.

They twaddled, while Rome burned.

Maybe that's why Tracca was so upset. He was witnessing the Coliseum tumbling before him.

He's not the best tap ruckman going around. If he was we wouldn't be getting smashed in clearence with the midfield we've had the past couple of years.

The issue I have with Gawn is how incredibly predictable we are at stoppage set up to the point where opposition opponents know exactly where he is going to tap it. Opposition coaches are putting time and effort into the way we set up and they've worked us out now. It's repetitive and predictable.

Whilst I do agree with you regarding Goodwin re Grundy I think Max has to take some responsibility for that also. If he could sense it wasn't working then why didn't he voice his thoughts around changing up the structure at all. Gawn was always the starting ruck in each game they played together. Not once did we see Grundy at least start the game as a starting ruck and Gawn up forward to then drift down to play as a spare down back.
Our mids all get sucked in to-deep within the stoppage... we need outriders there for the 2nd touch, to break thru the traffic, carrying the ball.

I've been saying this about Oli for at least 3 seasons now. Lollipop hospital handballs just flipped out, like giving the bird. 30% are throws.

Yes Gawn get's sharked but so does any dominant tap ruckman. It's hardly unique to him and it doesn't change the fact that having another pure ruckman on the field is a waste of a selection. Most ruck contests are just about evening things out and being a strong body to give your mids a shot at winning it. Was pretty obvious what we were missing in the Freo and Dogs games when he wasn't out there.

Don't know what conversations were happening behind the scenes with Grundy but Goodwin has to take responsibility. If his players are calling the shots then he might as well give it up because the tail is wagging the dog.
Sometimes its better to be the hunter, instead of the hunted... sometimes its better to sit just off a mids shoulder to pressure a turnover from them.
This happens to us a fair amount of time. Getting sucked in.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back