Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Jackson could also play okay as a forward.
When we had L Jackson, we controlled the exit kicks from oppositions, and also our own exit kicks from D50.
Our midfield marking was the best in league. Dominant.

Other clubs are now trying to do it,,, and also putting more time into denying us marking their exits, and from marking our own D50 exits.

This is where we will miss Maxy, when his time is done.

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Oliver has a little bit of a bounce-back year next year. Not to his previous level, but certainly an improvement.

But that doesn't change the fact that our starting midfield is woefully unbalanced. The game is going the way of small, zippy midfielders who break lines and damage with ball in hand.

Meanwhile, the four main midfielders we use (Oliver, Trac, Viney, Sparrow) are all big-bodied brutes who mostly lack pace and can't kick.
I think we need to brutes at each stoppage, plus a classy inside ball-runner, to help with the wingers and other small types, around the stoppages.

Hi all ... I come in peace ... just wondering what your thoughts for your pick 5?

Do you look for a mid to learn under and eventually replace Petracca, Oliver, Viney and co ...... or maybe a key back like Trainor to replace May (33 in Jan) & Lever (29 in March)?

There is talk you might be looking for another forward but with Fritsch, Petty and a developing Van Rooyen, Turner & Jefferson it seems you are quite well stocked there

As said .. come in peace... just trying to get a supporters angle on your 1st round pick

Cheers!!
Mids.

Do you like fritta.? maybe we can talk... he could be of help to a top 4 team in the window.

In line with others above, we need another metres gained type running midfielder.

A key forward would be great so we can throw Petty back into defence where he belongs, but it’s far more important that we alter our game plan to improve our speed on the ball and manner of forward entry.

This suits the current draft too, so watch this place melt if we don’t select a speedy midfielder with our first.
I see the tall issue being looked at in the 2025 draft and trade period. BigMac maybe.?

IN my view we need a small mid, close to the ground type, who can step the traffic. Think Neale, Diacos, etc.

Whoever we take at 5 needs to be a modern day mid. Someone who moves well and kicks better, not another big ass midfielder who can jump on the ball but then is equally as likely to give it to the oppo as to a teammate. Have enough of those
We need 4 of this type, in any given game. 2 wingers with elite run and kicking... plus a true old fashioned rover-type with the step and the kick.
Thats 3, plus another, I guess a small coming from behind the ball, delivering into f50... this might have been the Houston idea.?

Hey thanks to those who have replied re:pick 5 ... much appreciated :thumbsu:

Of course we are also wanting and probably looking at mids ... if we get pick 8 which would give us 2 picks inside Top 10 we need inside grunt with burst but also there is a need for class as well ... Langford Reid Smillie Lalor Lindsey would be all around that 7 / 8 pick

Apart from maybe Jagga, O'Sullivan & Draper going in the Top 4 (not incl. Ashcroft or Lombard) the rest is pure guesswork at this stage
Mids, plenty to go about this draft, apparently.?

We showed we can spot a running mid in last years crop.

I believe A11dAtP0w3R mentioned Brayshaw on here a while ago? Tom Morris on SEN this morning.

Andrew Brayshaw

“Fremantle want to extend him beyond free agency which is next year, but watch clubs come from the clouds for him.”

“He is a very attractive player, partly because he is a free agent next year, but he’s reliable, he’s a leader, he’s durable, he’s consistent.”
I'm easy, another Brayshaw at this club would be great.

A Brayshaw and Big Mac double would be deelicious.

I dont think being Gus' brother is enough for Andrew to say I want to play for Melbourne as things currently stand. If he was up for grabs he'd have far more stable clubs interested in him, star players dont seek drama.
It wasn't so much about the club, imv, perse, but about the off field issues not being fixed properly.
Also outside influences trying to whiteant our players. First hand knowledge from inside that club.

This is getting worse it seems, each year. and won't stop.

So we have to be as aggressive from next season, as we will have a lot of bargaining chips. and spare cash.

This game from Murphy Reid was even better than the already impressive stats suggest. He proved his elite kicking skills by consistently hitting targets on a day that the wind was wreaking havoc with disposal. He managed to find space at times in a finals game where the pressure was ratcheted up several notches. He was swung forward in the final quarter and seemed to be involved in every score as the Dragons put the Jets to the sword.

This kid is one that I've liked the sound of, on paper.
We should be focusing on dual-sided skills, in our running mids. So preferably right footers.

Lefties struggle more to become dual sided.

What's the chances that we trade could trade out our future first for gold coasts pick 6? They won't want to keep it at risk of an early Lombard bid. They can then use theirs or our future first on Rioli.

Drafting Langford and Reid would together would be immense.
We would have to give future first; plus something, as we will likely be in finals, just.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we just fast forward to the draft. Need to know who my new great white hope is.

Would like to see us trade into another first round pick so 2 players can share the load of my expectations, not sure if the late 2nd and two 3rds will offer an OK points trade to make something happen for someone with an academy pick or father son pick.

Heard you guys are keen on Konstanty and Clarke from WB
Clarke's highlight reel looked promising... certainly not the type a team would want to lose after only two seasons. Is he just way too far down the order at the dogs?

Konstanty reminds a bit of Melksham with his sticky hands and leading patterns.

Almost thought we had a thread title change "this is SugarHealey's world and we are just living in it" 😄
There was a day or two where he learned how to use the multi-quote function.

Almost thought we had a thread title change "this is SugarHealey's world and we are just living in it" 😄
Either that or we need a username called InsulinGreg.

Hope the Dees have a look at Sam Day from the Gold Coast could get him for nothing. Would be a very handy backup forward/ruck.

Hope the Dees have a look at Sam Day from the Gold Coast could get him for nothing. Would be a very handy backup forward/ruck.
I don't think we need a player of his type. Over the hill, has injury issues, slow and having him clog the forward line in the 2's isn't going to help the younger players there. It was already too cluttered with Ben Brown doing that role on the list

A different type of game this week from Jack who ended up spending a lot more time in the ruck than he typically does. He's an unconventionally effective ruckman at this level, not often able to get hit outs to advantage, but frequently able to use his physicality to push out his opponent and take direct possession of the footy, or follow up post tap with strong ground level efforts. Like most other players last weekend he struggled with his kicking effectiveness in the gale force winds, but showed some excellent judgement of the footy in flight to take a number of high degree of difficulty marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back