Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
You don’t trade out a 4time B&F winner after 1 average season.
You don't tolerate it either. If he's that good he should be to that level consistently and constantly.

And average would be a compliment. He was poor the past 18 months. Both on and off field.

You don’t trade out a 4time B&F winner after 1 average season.
Finally, something I agree with here. Do you immediately sell a lambo after it has one prang?

I'm clearly in the minority it seems with people who read/contribute on here but I think we're too dismissive on Clarry. In his whole career, this is his first bad year. And honestly, it wasn't terrible; just a mile off his usual standards. He had zero pre season and it clearly showed. But I reckon he's personally a bit embarrassed at his level this year and has been hanging out for a pre season to prove people wrong. He's still only 26 too, so not even peak age for a mid. He's a victim of his own prior success.

This is one of our greatest ever players. I can't think of a more consistent contributor for us over the last 10 years. 4x BnF in a (relatively) successful era. He's done it in every year bar one and I'll back him to do it again. He knows what it takes.

Lastly, I think we'd be ridiculed again if we dumped him one year on from the whole "wrap our arms around him" and "strong culture" jargon. Shows a lack of integrity from the club and is something the media will jump on.

Yeah he can't kick like Bont, and he panic handballs a bit. But he could do a few things right. They don't just give player association awards to anyone. And ok he was unfit this year. That can be easily rectified. Calling him a fat $%^& is just callous and simple.

Just my outnumbered opinion here.

Quite apart from Oliver's performance, I think a key thing a couple of posters are missing is the size of his contract and the imbalance of our midfield.

Yes, he's been an outstanding contributor for a long time, but we're now two years away from seeing his best form, there are numerous question marks on him, his contract takes up a significant chunk of our cap until 2030, and in the modern game (referring to current trends over the past couple of years), you just can't play a midfield primarily consisting of Oliver, Viney, Petracca and Sparrow. It's far too one-dimensional, slow and poor by foot.

If we could get Oliver's contract off our books and get some currency in exchange, while opening up midfield time for more dynamic players (Rivers, Pickett, Windsor, Tholstrup and McVee), it'd be a big win IMO.

Finally, something I agree with here. Do you immediately sell a lambo after it has one prang?

I'm clearly in the minority it seems with people who read/contribute on here but I think we're too dismissive on Clarry. In his whole career, this is his first bad year. And honestly, it wasn't terrible; just a mile off his usual standards. He had zero pre season and it clearly showed. But I reckon he's personally a bit embarrassed at his level this year and has been hanging out for a pre season to prove people wrong. He's still only 26 too, so not even peak age for a mid. He's a victim of his own prior success.

This is one of our greatest ever players. I can't think of a more consistent contributor for us over the last 10 years. 4x BnF in a (relatively) successful era. He's done it in every year bar one and I'll back him to do it again. He knows what it takes.

Lastly, I think we'd be ridiculed again if we dumped him one year on from the whole "wrap our arms around him" and "strong culture" jargon. Shows a lack of integrity from the club and is something the media will jump on.

Yeah he can't kick like Bont, and he panic handballs a bit. But he could do a few things right. They don't just give player association awards to anyone. And ok he was unfit this year. That can be easily rectified. Calling him a fat $%^& is just callous and simple.

This "one prang" isn't a simple flat tyre or a scratch on the bonnet. This "one prang" is pretty much the whole front-end concave in and the engine split in two.

Hell yeah - you burn the lambo to the ground and collect that sweet insurance money, top expensive to fix and it will never be the same.

Agree with the over the top fat comments as being unnecessary. Also on the media - they will take any chance they can to beat us up, people love it, more so when it is us due to the old rhetoric about us all being rich, lol.

I actually think he will bounce back next year, maybe not to his peak but pretty close, I just don't think he fits with our midfield mix and his contract is hampering our flexibility.

Hell yeah - you burn the lambo to the ground and collect that sweet insurance money, top expensive to fix and it will never be the same.

Agree with the over the top fat comments as being unnecessary. Also on the media - they will take any chance they can to beat us up, people love it, more so when it is us due to the old rhetoric about us all being rich, lol.

I actually think he will bounce back next year, maybe not to his peak but pretty close, I just don't think he fits with our midfield mix and his contract is hampering our flexibility.
Whilst you're doing it, you in your best Batman impersonation say " I'm the Bat-mobile now, bitch!"

And then use the insurance money on a Bugatti Veyron.

Last edited:
Dogs had trouble with Libba he has turned it around.
Whilst you're doing it, you in your best Batman impersonation say " I'm the Bat-mobile now, bitch!"

Who is going to come to the club next year?

Roffey gone. Brad Green stand in president while he leads the review process.

Announcement link

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some ITK over on DL reckons we got enquiries about Oliver and we said only for 2 first rounders and those who inquired are still keen.

Might be a watch this space.

Maybe when Trac was off the market the buyers are now looking to settle for Temu Trac instead.
I could imagine Tiges being interested in an extractor.
Also Blues.
Bummers.
Pies.
Hell, half the comp could be in the running.

I’m one of Clarry’s biggest fans. Personally I’d rather keep him. But can see why the club may want to move him on. The distraction over the preseason and likely friction with other players could be a motivation for the club to move him. But we really need to consider the return we get and what’s left in terms of cap we’ll pay.
But from what we’re hearing he’s turned a bit of a corner.
Also the ITK on DL seems to think we aren’t shopping him. Reckon we’ll do it if it’s a great deal for us. Not just dumping him.
I’m backing him in to find some fitness and form.

I’m one of Clarry’s biggest fans. Personally I’d rather keep him. But can see why the club may want to move him on. The distraction over the preseason and likely friction with other players could be a motivation for the club to move him. But we really need to consider the return we get and what’s left in terms of cap we’ll pay.
But from what we’re hearing he’s turned a bit of a corner.
Also the ITK on DL seems to think we aren’t shopping him. Reckon we’ll do it if it’s a great deal for us. Not just dumping him.
I’m backing him in to find some fitness and form.
Only if he knuckles down and the penny drops. Hope that happens. Hope he does some Boot-camps too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back