Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Wasn't there a rumour of him going to Geelong before his last contract?
I remember the reports were that he was very close to going there. Think it was something to do with him being shitty about losing the captaincy so we gave him an extra year to keep him happy.

Worked out with 2021 at least.

If North are chasing him in contract then we're likely to get a better pick out of it.

I remember the reports were that he was very close to going there. Think it was something to do with him being shitty about losing the captaincy so we gave him an extra year to keep him happy.

Worked out with 2021 at least.

If North are chasing him in contract then we're likely to get a better pick out of it.
North have pick 2, 22 and a pick 39 I think..

I presume a starting point is 22.

North have pick 2, 22 and a pick 39 I think..

I presume a starting point is 22.
Draft reported to be pretty even this year might leave North open to trading back too if there's someone we have our eye on.

Viney might help unlock the Houston trade too although I'd much rather just load up on youth.

Last edited:
Viney would be a good pick up for North imo. they've got plenty of young mids they can use to take the load off him while he helps teach them how to go about it. i wouldn't hold it against him if he wanted to leave, he's given enough to the club already.
it's probably just a manager ploy to try to up his value though.

Trading Viney >>>> giving Viney another 3+ years. His time as a full-time starting mid for a competing side is basically done.

If we wants the cash + longer deal, let him. He's done plenty and is well within his rights to top up his super – just hope we don't get sucked into it out of loyalty.

Trading Viney >>>> giving Viney another 3+ years. His time as a full-time starting mid for a competing side is basically done.

If we wants the cash + longer deal, let him. He's done plenty and is well within his rights to top up his super – just hope we don't get sucked into it out of loyalty.

Smells like demon spirit. sTaBiLiTy

Can already see the media spin trying to salvage 2024.

DEMON FOR LIFE - Viney signs for 3 more years :heart::fire:

Followed by the nuffs on socials eating it up in the comments because he's HEART AND SOUL and a TRUE WARRIOR :$

Yeah, a few years ago when there was the rumour of him going to the Cats I felt the thought of him in another jumper was sickening. But, times change, if he wants to go and top up his Super at North, Ed Langdon can dink him there on his bike.

Posted this in Round 1, 2025 thread but if we were a smart, ruthless club we’d put some or all of Lever, May, Oliver and Viney up for trade while they have some value. Then, we could possibly acquire Houston without destroying our entire draft hand over two years and/or rebuilding our trash midfield properly.

Apart from Oliver, Levers our most disappointing player imo. For the price we paid he's got one AA then hardly sniffed another one since. He's a good player but considering his age he hardly ever dominates games and I worry about his form once May goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from Oliver, Levers our most disappointing player imo. For the price we paid he's got one AA then hardly sniffed another one since. He's a good player but considering his age he hardly ever dominates games and I worry about his form once May goes.
Precisely why I’d ship him off to some other idiot team for a pick in the teens before he gets really exposed.

We should 100% be looking to trade him, could easily get a 1st rounder and Disco or Hore could do the same job for a fraction of the cost.

Posted this in Round 1, 2025 thread but if we were a smart, ruthless club we’d put some or all of Lever, May, Oliver and Viney up for trade while they have some value. Then, we could possibly acquire Houston without destroying our entire draft hand over two years and/or rebuilding our trash midfield properly.
I agree, there is a couple.of first rounders and second rounders possible there. Even Salem could get a late second rounder.

Such an even looking draft. Going to be guys being talked about as a top 15 sliding out to 25-35 range. Even the real top end picks are not settled yet.

Plus a few high end draft picks from a few years ago that are stuck behind depth or had unlucky injuries that might have them on trade table.

Everybody but May has currency. He is washed.

I'd trade Lever to WCE for Harry Edwards and a Pick in the Mid of the draft

Oliver to the Power instead of a pick for Houston.

Viney to the Roos for mid-high pick.

Sparrow for a lowish pick.

That would be the start.

That would be the start.
Agree to disagree on May. I reckon he’d absolutely have value to Sydney, Port or Carlton. He could stabilise otherwise leaky back 6s like Brian Lake did at Hawthorn. He could be the difference between a flag or a close loss at the pointy end for those sides.

Agree to disagree on May. I reckon he’d absolutely have value to Sydney, Port or Carlton. He could stabilise otherwise leaky back 6s like Brian Lake did at Hawthorn. He could be the difference between a flag or a close loss at the pointy end for those sides.
I'm with you on this one, there would be plenty of interest in May. Look after him with a week off here and there so he is cherry ripe for finals. Hasn't lost his closing speed.

That would be the start.
May has way more currency than Viney IMO.

Houston worth a hell of a lot more than Oliver at this point, too.

May has way more currency than Viney IMO.

Houston worth a hell of a lot more than Oliver at this point, too.

But you understand the method. We are in dire need of a list refresh.

Don't want to be on the wrong part of the ladder when Tassie comes. Tigers are doing the right things right now. They'll probably be in the 8 in 2-3 years time. Are The Dees brave enough? History suggest, No.

But you understand the method. We need a dire need of a list refresh.

Don't want to be on the wrong part of the ladder when Tassie comes. Tigers are doing the right things right now. They'll probably be in the 8 in 2-3 years time. Are The Dees brave enough? History suggest, No.
Oh I don't disagree on the idea, just thought Houston for Oliver was a touch of wishful thinking. Oliver's contract is basically a negative asset atm

Houston was just as I thought tonight.

Solid, maybe even good. Hits nice targets.

Did he really impact the game that much? Nope.

Goody will probably give up two first rounders for him then I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Goody 🧠: If we had Houston tonight and they didn't wed have won. Let's get him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back