Remove this Banner Ad

Here is my revised Wish list

Nick Bryan

Ben Hobbs

Josh Battle

Finn Callaghan

Hayden Mclean.

Maybe Bailey Williams from WC.
To me this is the trade we have to get done. Josh Battle.
A ready made key-defender, that we are desperate for.
Give him the mentioned 6 Years... and a massive sign on 1st year contract front ended.

---------------------------

If Josh Battle leaves on free agency, the Saints look likely to get Band 1 compo, (a pick immediately after they're 1st pick). Possibly pick 6 or 7 behind they're 1st Pick.

We might end up just ahead of them on draft picks, depending on results.

IF, we wanted to trade say Oli, at all.? We would do a lot worse than trading for the Saints picks.?

Potentially P 5, plus netting us 6 & 7... the Saints would want something else in return, and i would look at Fritta.

Or alternatively, maybe Freo would be interested in Fritta, potentially as a trade for LReidy, as someone mentioned as an interest, drafted from Frankston.
I would want a pick in return for this trade, perhaps a 2nd Rnd pick. Which we could pass on to the Sainters.

If we entertained this idea, We could set ourselves up in the midfield. With great potential, possibly for the next 10 Years.

I would be chatting to the Swans about L Parker, Re a trade as well. An older mid, just to tide us over in this total trade concept.

Last edited:

Caro is cooked, Rioli will be at the Suns next year.

Was having a look at the list, we're going to have a lot of movement end of year you'd think.

Delisted/leaving: Ben Brown, Melksham, Smith, Tomlinson, Schache, KFW (Rookie)

Question marks on Hunter and TMac too, although I think Tmac has done enough to get another season. Think we keep the rest of the OOC guys because as much as I'd like to go nuts with cutting blokes you can't go too deep otherwise you just replace crap with younger crap.

Caro is cooked, Rioli will be at the Suns next year.

Was having a look at the list, we're going to have a lot of movement end of year you'd think.

Delisted/leaving: Ben Brown, Melksham, Smith, Tomlinson, Schache, KFW (Rookie)

Question marks on Hunter and TMac too, although I think Tmac has done enough to get another season. Think we keep the rest of the OOC guys because as much as I'd like to go nuts with cutting blokes you can't go too deep otherwise you just replace crap with younger crap.

Yep, we're in a fair bit of trouble with our key forward stocks. Not that what we currently have is any good, but all of them have played games most years. Jeffo is finally showing signs of life, and there's something I like about Kentfield, but we're going to need to find 1-2 mature age blokes there - whilst also trying to bolster the midfield.

Hunter 100% gone IMO, and then there's always a watch on contracted players - Petty no guarantee to stay, could see some trade requests possibly (WTF has gone on with Spargo's injury management?), and Clarry, who I think is only a tiny chance to go, but can't discount yet.

Fair bit of work to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, we're in a fair bit of trouble with our key forward stocks. Not that what we currently have is any good, but all of them have played games most years. Jeffo is finally showing signs of life, and there's something I like about Kentfield, but we're going to need to find 1-2 mature age blokes there - whilst also trying to bolster the midfield.

Hunter 100% gone IMO, and then there's always a watch on contracted players - Petty no guarantee to stay, could see some trade requests possibly (WTF has gone on with Spargo's injury management?), and Clarry, who I think is only a tiny chance to go, but can't discount yet.

Fair bit of work to do.

I said it earlier in the year but Petty has absolutely tanked his own trade value to his detriment, yep he might request a trade but I’d be very surprised if we move him as Crows won’t offer much.

Fair bit of work to do.
Haven't been watching VFL lately but reports on here sounds like Kentfield is pretty slow? Hopefully just got some junk in the trunk and needs a pre-season under his belt but our penchant for playing slow lumbering tall forwards has been a disaster the past few years.

Imo we need to find a gun mid or May replacement with our first pick.

I said it earlier in the year but Petty has absolutely tanked his own trade value to his detriment, yep he might request a trade but I’d be very surprised if we move him as Crows won’t offer much.
He's also a big old cry baby, if he wants to go let him go, he'll play absolutely shit if he's kept around when he doesn't wanna be here. Already looks like it tbh

Haven't been watching VFL lately but reports on here sounds like Kentfield is pretty slow? Hopefully just got some junk in the trunk and needs a pre-season under his belt but our penchant for playing slow lumbering tall forwards has been a disaster the past few years.

Think Kentfield looks like he'd have to replace JVR. He's basically a straight line player with nothing below his knees. Being physical is always good at AFL level but he'd need to be a stay at home type and not having doing sprints to the wing and back in our defensive game

He's also a big old cry baby, if he wants to go let him go, he'll play absolutely shit if he's kept around when he doesn't wanna be here. Already looks like it tbh
If it opened up the cash to get Battle in I'd piss him off for a future fourth and just think of it as a trade.

If we're just doing it to do him a favour I'd just hold onto him and he can get the Tomlinson treatment if hes crap again next year.

Think the issue would be come end of year if Adelaide are offering something like a late second you just say no thanks because Petty can’t afford another terrible year of form, so surely he’d play better next year and drive his contract value (And our compensation pick) up.

If it opened up the cash to get Battle in I'd piss him off for a future fourth and just think of it as a trade.

If we're just doing it to do him a favour I'd just hold onto him and he can get the Tomlinson treatment if hes crap again next year.
I wouldn't say doing him I'd say doing us a favour, bloke doesn't wanna be here and tries to leave multiple times I say piss him off. Can't have that stink around the locker room.
Think the issue would be come end of year if Adelaide are offering something like a late second you just say no thanks because Petty can’t afford another terrible year of form, so surely he’d play better next year and drive his contract value (And our compensation pick) up.
I reckon he can, Ben McKay still made 900k or whatever without being that good at North. Heaps of clubs would still take him as a FA after his deal, I think we just get a deal done and **** him off. In reality he's had two good seasons as a back and a handful of good games as a forward. He's not that valuable anyway

I'm only going by highlight vids and the VFL streams, but yeah definitely a bit lumbering but he has a bit of presence about him and willingness to have a crack which is a good base for an 18 year old. If he comes on, could see his attributes working well with JVR and Jeffo as a mix. I just like that we've picked up someone that is the opposite of Jeffo, not super athletic but will go in hard. Plenty of time for him to develop.

Agree on a May replacement, hopefully we're still in on Battle, and a gun mid (hence why I brought up the Bolton one), but I do think we're going to need probably 1 22-27 year old best 22 quality key forward and at least 1 KPF for depth. Don't want the same thing to happen to our forward line next year that has happened to our midfield this year, and 1000% don't want to be keeping any of Brown, Schache or Smith.

I'm only going by highlight vids and the VFL streams, but yeah definitely a bit lumbering but he has a bit of presence about him and willingness to have a crack which is a good base for an 18 year old. If he comes on, could see his attributes working well with JVR and Jeffo as a mix. I just like that we've picked up someone that is the opposite of Jeffo, not super athletic but will go in hard. Plenty of time for him to develop.

Agree on a May replacement, hopefully we're still in on Battle, and a gun mid (hence why I brought up the Bolton one), but I do think we're going to need probably 1 22-27 year old best 22 quality key forward and at least 1 KPF for depth. Don't want the same thing to happen to our forward line next year that has happened to our midfield this year, and 1000% don't want to be keeping any of Brown, Schache or Smith.
If you can find a great KPF they're fun to watch but I reckon we'd be wasting capital trying to bring one in over other needs. They really are a cream position these days. Just find someone who can be serviceable and actually move properly.

It's why I was so keen on Chol last year.

No chance Bolton gets traded imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back