List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne should hire some of us, I thought we were just flogs on a forum, now I see we are flogs on a forum who know what's happening at the club better than the 'professionals'
TBF, Id refuse to work for a bunch of w***ers like the MFC. They dont deserve my help.

Ellie Kemper Nerd GIF by The Office

Yeah looks like a lot of us were keen on Chol last year. No idea why we didn't seem to have a crack there.

To be fair though, Chol is 27 and at his peak, McDonald is probably 2-3 years away from that. Plus, Chol has no competition this year as primary forward with Mitchell out, McDonald has Amartey and McLean as options as well to share with.

Absolutely 0 doubt for me that McDonald will have better stats than Chol at the same age when he gets there.
McDonald definitely has more upside which I mentioned in my comparison post just wonder whether we'd get a meaningful lift from him that we couldn't get from someone substantially cheaper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McDonald definitely has more upside which I mentioned in my comparison post just wonder whether we'd get a meaningful lift from him that we couldn't get from someone substantially cheaper.
It took us years to bash the choking out of Petracca, can't watch another forward do it again

JVR is actually having a good year tbh
Those scoring stats would look a whole lot better if he wasn't playing backup ruck, too (to be fair, he makes a decent fist of it).

JVR is actually having a good year tbh
He's having an ok year, statistically the exact same as last year everywhere, although in this team it's near impossible to succeed unless you're a freak forward like Fritsch or Pickett

Of course youre right, Nev wants to pay top dollar for someone who wont do anything different than cheaper version would in our shitty game plan. Everyone looks like Chris Dawes, McDonald would also.

He's having an ok year, statistically the exact same as last year everywhere, although in this team it's near impossible to succeed unless you're a freak forward like Fritsch or Pickett
Like ive said for a while now, if he was on a different team he'd be viewed much more highly than he is now with us.

Of course youre right, Nev wants to pay top dollar for someone who wont do anything different than cheaper version would in our shitty game plan. Everyone looks like Chris Dawes, McDonald would also.
Yeah campaigners acting like we're moving the ball perfectly and just being let down by forwards not marking it or missing shots. Logan McDonald would just be under high balls in the pocket having Fritsch and JVR jump into him and averaging 7 disposals a game and then choking the set shot

Imo he looks better than last year as he has more responsibility, has to ****ing ruck sometimes and also we are much worse. I don’t think he will ever be a star but I reckon he is a 200 game player.

Yeah campaigners acting like we're moving the ball perfectly and just being let down by forwards not marking it or missing shots. Logan McDonald would just be under high balls in the pocket having Fritsch and JVR jump into him and averaging 7 disposals a game and then choking the set shot
Exactly, adding pieces (especially expensive pieces) to the forward line is absolutely pointless until the coach is gone.

I don’t think he will ever be a star but I reckon he is a 200 game player.
He should be a star KPF by todays standards, hes just playing for a team who is absolutely clueless.

Yeah that's more than fair, I'm not set on McDonald, just keen to get someone who would be best 22 and around about that peak age range. Doesn't seem to be a lot of options around which is why I've focused more on him.

Imo he looks better than last year as he has more responsibility, has to ****ing ruck sometimes and also we are much worse. I don’t think he will ever be a star but I reckon he is a 200 game player.
I'm not downplaying him I think he looks good in the air for his age ( shit at ground level) but he's just frozen in our system of boring shit footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back