List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey Fritsch is one of the best forwards in the league, Petracca is/was the most dangerous front half player in the league. We still play dog shit slow boring footy. Jake Waterman would come to us and then have to take contested marks against 9 people in the pocket at 192cm. He'd end up looking shit and we'd have given up one of our only good picks before Tassie destroys the comp
Wouldn't be surprised to see Tassie get kicked down the road if the stadium hasn't gotten going by their entry date.

Giving up pick 6 for Jake Waterman yeah nah, I like him but that would be a terrible decision by us
Just as likely he regresses next year than it is he stays the same or gets better I reckon. Can see this being a fluke kind of season.

Josh Battle: unrestricted free agent.

Hawthorn and Saints have 6Yr contracts in front of him, with Melbourne still in it. Likely to leave on free agency.

Go Dees; get the lad. Don't lag behind.

Hawthorn and Saints have 6Yr contracts in front of him, with Melbourne still in it. Likely to leave on free agency.

Long-term contacts are the way to go, and haven't hurt us to date. :whitecheck:

If we could somehow turn Petty and future 2nd into Waterman I would be all for it but not for pick 6. (Pick 9 after Ashcroft/Battle compo/GC Academy kid).

That said I imagine like the last 3 off seasons we will do piss all trades and wait for a desperate manager to approach us on the last day again (Hunter/Billings) and claim it as a trade period win with us completing all the moves we wanted.

Even if it includes pissing off 2 2nd rounders for nothing because we don’t rate the talent after pick 15.

Last edited:

6yr contract? Sheesh. We'd have to offer 7 with more $$ to get him I reckon. That's crazy for Josh Battle. Good player but worth that much? I guess that's what it's gonna take to shake some talent loose, but man it's risky.

Harrison Petty​

Should the Crows go after him again?

Rucci: “I keep hearing it’s not going to happen.”

Dillon: “I keep hearing it’s going to happen, but it won’t be at the same offer as before.

“Then it’s up to Melbourne, but at least they’ll be getting something.”

Rucci: “I’m not sure how Crows fans feel about that at the moment.”

Dillon: “Don’t go to the bank with it.”

Would Bickley recruit him and what would he pay?

Bickley:
“I think Petty is a really good AFL defender. I would think that he’s an average forward.

“Where are your needs if you’re Adelaide? With Butts, Murray, Keane, etc, I don’t think there’s a desperate need for a 6ft4 defender.

“Having said that, if you are going to lose some of those other defenders (like Keane) then that may change. On what we know Keane will most likely stay at Adelaide.

“You have to decide whether you have a need and if you have a need then you go and decide what the price is. If the price last year was a first-round pick and something else extra thrown in…

“The dilemma that Adelaide has is their first-round pick is going to be good, Pick 5 or 6, and I don’t think you’re giving up that for Harrison Petty.”

Pettys form is laughable but he’s worth a lot more to us than most clubs. I’d let him go for a pick in the 10-15 range, anything less I’d hold him to his contract.
As a defender yep. Plenty of flags won with shit forward lines, none with shit defences.
Dale Morris or Darcy Moore are probably the worst FBs to win a flag in my life. **** loads better than Jed Adams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a defender yep. Plenty of flags won with shit forward lines, none with shit defences.
Dale Morris or Darcy Moore are probably the worst FBs to win a flag in my life. **** loads better than Jed Adams

The logical moves end of year would be Tommo moves on, Petty goes back and Tmac gets another year but isn’t best 22.

The logical moves end of year would be Tommo moves on, Petty goes back and Tmac gets another year but isn’t best 22.
So we'll probably trade pick 6 for Sean Darcy

I’d also love us to trade Oliver but the current footy department have backed him in to the hilt, can’t see them backtracking that.
I'd trade him for a single first rounder and take on the salary of an inside player the club we trade him to doesn't want.

It’s crazy that goody started off pretty ruthless at the trade table, in back to back off seasons we shipped off watts and Hogan. Haven’t made a ballsy trade including one of our players since.
When did Josh Mahoney get the flick? Feel like the club was making these decisions, something changed around 2022

It's easier to flick players you didn't draft and were seen as part of the problem of being a shit club

Much harder to flick players you brought in, developed and tasted the ultimate success with.

I think that's why Goody/the club has gotten complacent - because he's very loyal and backs his players (sometimes to the hilt, to the team's detriment - like Petty).

Also being a perennial shit club and finally winning one you instantly become overly sentimental

If we could somehow turn Petty and future 2nd into Waterman I would be all for it but not for pick 6. (Pick 9 after Ashcroft/Battle compo/GC Academy kid).

That said I imagine like the last 3 off seasons we will do piss all trades and wait for a desperate manager to approach us on the last day again (Hunter/Billings) and claim it as a trade period win with us completing all the moves we wanted.

Even if it includes pissing off 2 2nd rounders for nothing because we don’t rate the talent after pick 15.
Give it a rest

When did Josh Mahoney get the flick? Feel like the club was making these decisions, something changed around 2022
Mahoney was Jackson's choice for CEO but the AFL blocked it and put Pert in when things went sour for him at Collingwood. Think he left soon after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back