List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dale played at CHB on Franklin because he was better than the other two. FB line was Fletcher (stationary) Roberts and Joel (still injured) Hamling…. who combined played about 7 good games of AFL at the Dogs.
Dale Morris was your FB exactly, Jake Lever wouldn't follow Buddy around cause he's not a FB. I did think of the dogs but Morris was your main key defender, still miles better than what we have after May

6yr contract? Sheesh. We'd have to offer 7 with more $$ to get him I reckon. That's crazy for Josh Battle. Good player but worth that much? I guess that's what it's gonna take to shake some talent loose, but man it's risky.
No I don't think so (7 yrs), but we could with a contract heavily front loaded for a nearly 26Yr old, Josh battle.

I'd also offer the 6 Yrs as Saints and Hawks are... but go extremely heavy on sign-on first Yr of well over the 1M$ mark, because the time is right for us with our window of defenders.

We are holding TMc, Tomlinson, BBB, Hunter, etc as depth, so we should be getting a LOT of salary cap relief at end of this season.
Spend big now over the 1st yr, and his subsequent yrs could be normal salary for his talent, tapering down.

In near coming seasons, we will get relief in salary from the retirements of Maxy, May, Viney, Salem. to spend on others.

UFA player types in the position we really need is rare... and will always be hotly contested by other clubs.

Spend it now as Jed Adams is not ready yet, and TMC and Tommo are at the end, with Maysie within 2Yrs of it.
Jed Adams probably needs another year or two to develop.

Lever is a 3rd tall at best. Weak at man o man.
----------------------------------

The Saints are really in need of a powerful inside mid, as are the Tigers.
Tigers are likely to get more than one pick for Liam Baker, and he would also look very good in a red and blue jumper.

Where I'm going with this is:- Oli to either the Saints or Tigers would likely get us two 1st Rnd picks from Saints, And IF we traded with tigers for Baker, we would likely get an early pick with the player, IF we could persuade him to come over.

Other mids are about, like lParker, LDU, players on our own list... and a 2024 draft powerful and deep with mids.

We could use our current situation, to set us up for the next 10 yrs. Without bottoming out.

Last edited:
No I don't think so (7 yrs), but we could with a contract heavily front loaded for a nearly 26Yr old, Josh battle.

I'd also offer the 6 Yrs as Saints and Hawks are... but go extremely heavy on sign-on first Yr of well over the 1M$ mark, because the time is right for us with our window of defenders.

We are holding TMc, Tomlinson, BBB, Hunter, etc as depth, so we should be getting a LOT of salary cap relief at end of this season.
Spend big now over the 1st yr, and his subsequent yrs could be normal salary for his talent, tapering down.

In near coming seasons, we will get relief in salary from the retirements of Maxy, May, Viney, Salem. to spend on others.

UFA player types in the position we really need is rare... and will always be hotly contested by other clubs.

Spend it now as Jed Adams is not ready yet, and TMC and Tommo are at the end, with Maysie within 2Yrs of it.
Jed Adams probably needs another year or two to develop.

Lever is a 3rd tall at best. Weak at man o man.
----------------------------------

The Saints are really in need of a powerful inside mid, as are the Tigers.
Tigers are likely to get more than one pick for Liam Baker, and he would also look very good in a red and blue jumper.

Where I'm going with this is:- Oli to either the Saints or Tigers would likely get us two 1st Rnd picks from Saints, And IF we traded with tigers for Baker, we would likely get an early pick with the player, IF we could persuade him to come over.

Other mids are about, like lParker, LDU, players on our own list... and a 2024 draft powerful and deep with mids.

We could use our current situation, to set us up for the next 10 yrs. Without bottoming out.
Unfortunately we have Tim Lamb in charge of the list, so we're screwed.

If the market for Josh Battle is $5m over 6 years then it is hard pass for me.

We are not in a flag window and I think we will be a midtable team for the next 2-3 years until we have the sense to blow it up.

We are not in a flag window and I think we will be a midtable team for the next 2-3 years until we have the sense to blow it up.
Get what you're saying but blowing it up when Tassie come in isn't sensible. Should be blowing it up already.

Alex Davies from the Suns is apparently open to a move. A lot wouldn't know much about him but I've watched him a fair bit cos he's in my long-term fantasy keeper league.

I think he's a class act and clearly an AFL standard player. Has a good blend of inside/outside and is hard at it.

Might not cost the earth too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Alex Davies from the Suns is apparently open to a move. A lot wouldn't know much about him but I've watched him a fair bit cos he's in my long-term fantasy keeper league.

I think he's a class act and clearly an AFL standard player. Has a good blend of inside/outside and is hard at it.

Might not cost the earth too.

Never seen him so not gonna argue, his draft profile says he's 193cm and now 90kg and he's an inside beast with little outside game lol. Sounds like the exact type of player we don't need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he had some very decent games for the Suns, was very tough over the footy. I think he's a good age to slot in between Trac/Clarry and our younger brigade of mids (Tholstrup, Windsor) so could provide some value.

Not sure he offers a point of difference to say a Tom Sparrow though, but wouldn't be against it as a free hit as the GC midfield is stacked and I think he has some talent

Might have missed it, but has anyone brought up Isaac Cumming from GWS yet? Good skills, quick, unrestricted free agent.

EDIT - wingersclub mentioned him at one stage, others too I think.

If we're bold, we could potentially add Cumming, Battle, Davies as mentioned, Will Phillips and Jack Lukosius and still keep our first rounder.

Last edited:
Logan McDonald re-signed, so we can stop the arguments about him :rainbow:
Like Stengle this doesnt mean anything, he will still demand a trade to Melbourne at the end of the season.

Yeah he had some very decent games for the Suns, was very tough over the footy. I think he's a good age to slot in between Trac/Clarry and our younger brigade of mids (Tholstrup, Windsor) so could provide some value.

Not sure he offers a point of difference to say a Tom Sparrow though, but wouldn't be against it as a free hit as the GC midfield is stacked and I think he has some talent

He's definitely better than Sparrow and has a stack more upside imo. Has a nice balance of inside/outside.

IMO we need some 25yr olds to 26Yr olds, to tide over the gap in ages of our current list... so as to not drop over the next 2/3 years.

We have a gaping hole of talent, between our 28Yrs olds to our 24yr olds. From there it strengthens again.
Oli is in the midst of this but I don't want to have to rely on him, when he becomes the Elder of our list. The leader.

And certainly do not want to rely on fritta to be a leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back