List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. Windsor hits his target half the time, which makes him our most damaging player.

He ran at 50% DE last week. Legit half of his touches went to an opponent, handballs included. Not sure why everyone says his disposal is “elite”. It’s bloody horrible. Even Sparrow rates higher.

He ran at 50% DE last week. Legit half of his touches went to an opponent, handballs included. Not sure why everyone says his disposal is “elite”. It’s bloody horrible. Even Sparrow rates higher.

His disposal isn't elite. He has his moments though.

He's tracking fine for a first year player. You need to make allowances for young players to have poor games as they develop.

Nope. We would have to get a high pick coming back, if we trade Oli for another player.
Say Baker plus a end 1st Rnd pick.

I've seen you mention Baker a million times and it just won't happen. Let it go.

I think his brother Ben is much better than Max.

But still, tall forwards are struggling in today's footy when playing deep. More mobile tall forwards do a lot better like Curnow playing outside the F50.

Our own JvR is doing better than M King.

This is why I think we need to replace L Jackson with a like for like 200cm mobile tall who has guts, and likes to play as a tall and clunk marks around the ground... especially between the arcs. Can go forward to lend a had, and split the packs.

There is no Jackson like-for-like.

I've seen you mention Baker a million times and it just won't happen. Let it go.

There is no Jackson like-for-like.
The Dekoning boys are pretty close to it.
Blicavs would count as LforL.

They are about.
Maybe an NBA player who is just below necessary standard to be drafted NBA over there. Might like to try out.?

Has to be very good below knees, and like physicality.
------------------------------

Edit. You are so negative DA.

After the Grundy experiment I doubt we can get a number 1 ruck to come , better off looking in the draft while picking up a scrubber to trade in .
No, what I mean is... we trade a number 1 ruck into the club, when Maxy is virtually done.
In another 2 seasons or so.

But look for the 2 ruck type, starting this year... and each year until we have a good one established.

IF you need a forward Ruck and don’t want to trade for Lobb. Tim English is more a forward than a ruck and is a FA. He is serviceable in the ruck but should be playing forward.

I love Tim English, however if he does move its back west, I predict Eagles although it would be weird if he and Luke Jackson teamed up together at Freo.

We'd have to do something extraordinary to lure him here. Even more of a Hail Mary than a Hail Mary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim doesn’t want to leave Melbourne. You guys have a shot.
Really? Thought he might move west last I heard.

Maybe. Do you have cover for him if he chooses to go? I know Sam Darcy and Jordan Croft but aren't they still raw boned.

IF you need a forward Ruck and don’t want to trade for Lobb. Tim English is more a forward than a ruck and is a FA. He is serviceable in the ruck but should be playing forward.
What makes you say English is more a forward? Genuinely baffled. I havent watched as much Dogs as you obviously but ive watched enough and I cant say ive ever thought once in his career that he has some really good forward craft and is a good set shot.

I don't get this talk of needing another ruck full stop. Gawn has probably got a year or two left and we have a young guy in Verral tracking along ok to take his spot.
A short history of the last 10 premiership side’s ruckmen:

2014-15: Ben McEvoy/David Hale
2016: Tom Boyd/Jordan Roughead
2017, 19-20: Toby Nankervis/Shaun Grigg
2018: Scott Lycett/Nathan Vardy
2021: Max Gawn/Luke Jackson
2022: Rhys Stanley
2023: Darcy Cameron/Mason Cox

Gawn’s been great but decent ruckmen aren’t terribly hard to unearth.

Really? Thought he might move west last I heard.

Maybe. Do you have cover for him if he chooses to go? I know Sam Darcy and Jordan Croft but aren't they still raw boned.

We have a ruck in the VFL who I think is already a better tap ruck than English and he only just got drafted. We could ruck Lobb as the main ruck for a year and then move to Smith.

English wants a longer deal, what other cover is required.

Also, Darcy and Croft have brothers…. We really don’t need English.

We have a ruck in the VFL who I think is already a better tap ruck than English and he only just got drafted. We could ruck Lobb as the main ruck for a year and then move to Smith.

English wants a longer deal, what other cover is required.

Also, Darcy and Croft have brothers…. We really don’t need English.

Your last sentence also applies to us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back