List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The KPD thing depends a lot on if Petty is willing to commit to us long term.
We also haven't really seen how Petty performs for extended periods without May. Taking the second tall/resting ruck is a fair bit different to matching up with the big guns week in and week out.

May, McDonald, Lever, Tomlinson, Petty, Turner, Adams... reckon we've got plenty of KPD options.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So 2 blokes alot to retire, a 3rd tall, a bloke who's gonna leave and then 2 forwards and a bloke who's not even a good VFL player yet for the most important part of the ground. Teams would be so jealous

So 2 blokes alot to retire, a 3rd tall, a bloke who's gonna leave and then 2 forwards and a bloke who's not even a good VFL player yet for the most important part of the ground. Teams would be so jealous

Nice strawman as usual haha.

I didn't say teams would be jealous or that our KPD stocks are amazing. Just making the point that that group is less a priority to sure-up than our group of KPFs which is: JVR, Jeffo and ... ?

Nice strawman as usual haha.

I didn't say teams would be jealous or that our KPD stocks are amazing. Just making the point that that group is less a priority to sure-up than our group of KPFs which is: JVR, Jeffo and ... ?

That's not a strawman that's just a reply to your statement. Petty and Turner are playing forward, including them in our defensive stocks makes no sense.
Also Fristch just can't be ignored conveniently to make your point

When May first started and was sidelined for ages, didn't Petty play his role and thrive?
Petty didn't really thrive until Tomlinson went down in 2021. Remember a lot of us being worried that the Tommo injury was the end of our flag chances.

His form in 2021 was a very pleasant surprise at the time.

That's not a strawman that's just a reply to your statement. Petty and Turner are playing forward, including them in our defensive stocks makes no sense.
Also Fristch just can't be ignored conveniently to make your point

Yeah it is. I didn't at any stage say our KPD stocks are great or the envy of any teams, I just said I don't think the KPD stocks aren't as high a priority as our KPF stocks

I consider Fritsch a medium forward hence leaving him out of conversation.

Yeah it is. I didn't at any stage say our KPD stocks are great or the envy of any teams, I just said I don't think the KPD stocks aren't as high a priority as our KPF stocks

I consider Fritsch a medium forward hence leaving him out of conversation.

Nope it was a dig at Max Gawns dumb 'teams would be jealous of us line'

It doesn't matter what you consider him as, he plays as a key forward, he plays deep and doesn't pressure, with JVR that's 2 key stocks, the 3rd tall would just be a low impact player. You go out and find another tall to cram in there then Fristch becomes even less effective because he's gonna have to play higher.

Meanwhile our defence is absolutely ****ed after May leaves. We won a flag with Tmac and Brown, ain't winning shit with their equivalent outputs in defence.

But at least we have JVR though. And some competent mid-sized forwards. TMac and May will be gone by the end of next year, and every chance Tomlinson and Petty will be too.

Cupboard is pretty bare. You don't win flags with a rubbish backline, whereas a few teams with very suspect forwards line can jag them (see us in 2021 and Collingwood last year for very recent examples).
Excellent points 👍

Feels easier to go find a decent defender than a decent forward though. I still reckon we’ve got a heck of a lot more to work with in the back half.

We also have to get our heads around not necessarily replacing May on a like for like basis. He is almost the best defender in the comp for the last 5 years.

Nope it was a dig at Max Gawns dumb 'teams would be jealous of us line'

It doesn't matter what you consider him as, he plays as a key forward, he plays deep and doesn't pressure, with JVR that's 2 key stocks, the 3rd tall would just be a low impact player. You go out and find another tall to cram in there then Fristch becomes even less effective because he's gonna have to play higher.

Meanwhile our defence is absolutely ****ed after May leaves. We won a flag with Tmac and Brown, ain't winning shit with their equivalent outputs in defence.
"Teams wish they were us" I believe was the line. 😂

What always gets missed in the forwards discussion is the type of forward, people just say oh yeah grab a big key forward all sweet without any thought of how they'd work in the team. JVR and Fristch are 0-30 forwards, neither of them has much up the ground they both do their work close to goal, getting another key forward who plays the same role would be stupid. If we do go for another tall they need to be one of the gut running types that can get up and down the ground and impact 30-70m I just don't see the crazy need to find that player. Petracca plays that role better than any tall would.

Heard tonight that we're heavily into Andrew Brayshaw. Happy to throw a lot of $$ at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard tonight that we're heavily into Andrew Brayshaw. Happy to throw a lot of $$ at him.

From media or elsewhere?

reckon Brayshaw is a jet but it'd cost us a stack of draft and salary.

My Freo mate wasn't full of shit then? The mailman 🤯
Forget to say this, a couple of weeks ago my Freo supporting mate over in WA said he reckons Brayshaw wants out and to the Dees also, so that's another.

Please be true.. I would truly melt in a good way if this legit happened.
The worry is Goody would run with a Brayshaw, Oliver and Viney midfield next year which would disgust me. Honestly think id rather keep the picks it would cost us, unless Freo could do us a favour and take Oliver in return in the package. :) Id be interested then

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back