List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My mate got back to me dazzledavey36 , he said he just heard the same thing, we are into Brayshaw hard. Nothing concrete about him wanting to leave, just him connecting the dots and assuming that its a possibility cause hes from Victoria.

My mate got back to me dazzledavey36 , he said he just heard the same thing, we are into Brayshaw hard. Nothing concrete about him wanting to leave, just him connecting the dots and assuming that its a possibility cause hes from Victoria.
Yeah I'm a bit confused about the Brayshaw rumours, I know his parents live in Melbourne but I'm pretty sure the extended family all lives in Perth and the Brayshaws aren't exactly mummies boys. Oldest ones in the military.
I thought the rumour going before his big deal was that Gus was being courted to head home to WA

Yeah I'm a bit confused about the Brayshaw rumours, I know his parents live in Melbourne but I'm pretty sure the extended family all lives in Perth and the Brayshaws aren't exactly mummies boys. Oldest ones in the military.
I thought the rumour going before his big deal was that Gus was being courted to head home to WA
Maybe Andrew Brayshaw's management (could it be the same as Gus'?) is doing the same to get Freo to pay up? He did say Freo are obsessed with getting Warner and Warner refused to sign an extension before the season with Sydney when they tried to get him re-signed, so there could potentially be a decent difference in what we will pay Brayshaw and what Freo can if they get Warner.

All these rumours just make me think we have a bit of cash to splash around with Gus retiring, Grundy leaving etc and are seeing if anyone will budge.

Maybe Andrew Brayshaw's management (could it be the same as Gus'?) is doing the same to get Freo to pay up? He did say Freo are obsessed with getting Warner and Warner refused to sign an extension before the season with Sydney when they tried to get him re-signed, so there could potentially be a decent difference in what we will pay Brayshaw and what Freo can if they get Warner.
Yeah I'd say this is likely, I'd say when guys are actually likely to move there's a heap of smoke around like Hogan/Jackson/Buddy etc. can't see why he'd leave Freo for us. Even if he did come to Melbourne he'd probably end up at Geelong, they're ****ing due to just pull another gun trade out and stay at the top for 5 more years.

All these rumours just make me think we have a bit of cash to splash around with Gus retiring, Grundy leaving etc and are seeing if anyone will budge.
Pretty much. I'm assuming we'll have a bit of cash to throw around. At least it sounds like we're trying to shake someone loose and targeting decent players. Will probably still end up with Lobb and an unknown Suns player.

Andy Brayshaw, what a myth
He's an elite role player at best
Do NOT buy
I don't see enough of Freo to have much of an opinion. I know Serong and Young are the talent in that midfield though. Obviously wouldn't want to pay way overs for him, but it does show that at least we are looking at bolstering our midfield. Which is a good thing. All we've been attached to is Rory Lobb, so t's at least good to see we are moving up a level from that!

I'd rather draft Sid Draper honestly if he goes in his projected range, he's exactly the sort of mid we need. From the bits I've seen from him though i think experts saying he will go 8-12 have it wrong, he looks a top 3-5 talent to me just off his skill set, if there are ~ 8-10 players better than him its an amazing draft class.

Andy Brayshaw, what a myth
He's an elite role player at best
Do NOT buy
Not sure id grade him that harshly, but sort of agree hes a bit overrated. He is basically the same player Gus was as a full time mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Brayshaw is a great soldier to have in a midfield. He charges up and down the ground the whole match. However, he’d cost a bomb in terms of salary cap and trade. I’m happy to target quality mids from other clubs but would hope for guys that hit the scoreboard more than Brayshaw.

There's always room for a Brayshaw type in the team but just 1 or 2. Can't have a team without a ball winner cause then you're Essendon, but just winning the ball overrated. Andrew is a very good player. Not the go out all out to get type player unless you're Geelong.

Oliver and our first for Brayshaw, send Danster in
I think Danster could haggle it down to a straight swap by using the "Oliver is only at 20% fitness" line that he has been all season :moustache:

And the likelihood of that is basically non existent, Oliver aint going anywhere while Goody is in charge. :(
Also AFL is just lame, every year people get excited over the trade period and every year there's like 1-2 interesting deals and then a bunch of crap being flipped.

Anderson

Ashcroft

Bolton

Bontempelli

Butters

Cripps

Crisp

N Daicos

Davies-Uniacke

Dawson

De Goey

Dempsey

Gulden

Heeney

Holmes

Horne-Francis

Kelly

McCluggage

Merrett

Petracca

Rankine

Reid

Rozee

Sheezel

Warner

Young

All of the above are mids who hit the scoreboard or can go forward and have some craft. With some proper development one or two of the likes of Rivers, Pickett, McVee and Windsor could get to that level. To rip any of those mids out would cost an absolute bomb in terms of salary/draft/trade capital and would be the right move if we were on the cusp of contending. Personally I reckon we are better off hitting the draft and building around the likes of Rivers et al.

Brayshaw is a good player and you can never have enough of those but yeah I do not see him as a match winner or a list changer. Guess we have a lot of money to spend but geez let JT cook with high picks it looks like he nailed our two picks this year.
Yeah, on the fence with this one. From what I've seen of him, Brayshaw is quality. Personally I'd rather we tried McVee in the midfield and maybe concentrated on sureing up the tall defender stocks or looking at promising players forward of centre. But we don't bring in a stack of quality ready made players often either. Our midfield depth as it stands is poor. Sparrow looks a bust, we want to play Trac and Koz more forward and McVee is dominating down back. Viney will be what? 32 next year? Oliver? Who knows? So chasing quality mids is also a priority.

The one thing that does make sense when targeting Brayshaw is if the club thinks (as we all do) that we dont have any great leaders on the horizon. Brayshaw gets respect as soon as he walks thru the door, plays and trains the right way, can talk to the media. From an intangibles and culture setter perspective he makes a lot of sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back