List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – feast on the carcass within!

Remove this Banner Ad

Taking advice from the same nuffies who said to keep him last year or they wouldnt be back, has worked out great so far. His contract is even worse than I thought it was btw. 10m over 6 years, Jesus Christ
I'm not in disagreement just saying it would be a hard sell. It's a bit of a moot point because nobody is making that trade.

I'm not in disagreement just saying it would be a hard sell. It's a bit of a moot point because nobody is making that trade.
Not a hard sell, guys fat, shit and overpaid. Remember when Collingwood got shit from their members for getting rid of Grundy, Stephenson and another to fix their cap and then won a flag lol. Be ruthless don't be run by spinning hat idiots who think we are the 'bestest'

Don’t forget those members have voting rights for the board.
Even more the reason to trade him. 😁 ...we can solve two problems at once.

Doubt he'd get a game at Norf.

Best fits would be Cats, Crows, Tigers or Saints imo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm not fussy TBH. :)

Acting like we're trading Ron Barassi here, he's a very good player who's had 2 terrible years, mostly his own fault as well. That contract is an absolute team and club killer, no doubt there's some blokes on unders to help with that fat campaigners contract and he'd waltzed around all year like he couldn't give a ****

Lloyd speaking sense though, no club in their right mind would go near that contract after the season he's had.

I also think our club actually loves him and would do everything they could to avoid trading him.

That deal is absoutely horrific if he doesn't turn around his form next year.

Not a hard sell, guys fat, shit and overpaid. Remember when Collingwood got shit from their members for getting rid of Grundy, Stephenson and another to fix their cap and then won a flag lol. Be ruthless don't be run by spinning hat idiots who think we are the 'bestest'
Yeah , happens all the time, nuffies will be back buying their memberships before they know it coz they can't help being nuffies. Went thru something similar when the club got rid of Woewodin, supporters cracked the shits big time.

Acting like we're trading Ron Barassi here, he's a very good player who's had 2 terrible years, mostly his own fault as well. That contract is an absolute team and club killer, no doubt there's some blokes on unders to help with that fat campaigners contract and he'd waltzed around all year like he couldn't give a ****

Agreed. Trading Petracca or Gawn? Yep that would be unthinkable. Trading Oliver now? Hell yes.

Not a hard sell for you but for most other yes it would be a hard sell. I think you mean Treloar and Stephenson, but that proves my point. Most members weren't happy about it. I'm not saying it's not the right thing to do, just that most supporters would melt.

Yeah , happens all the time, nuffies will be back buying their memberships before they know it coz they can't help being nuffies. Went thru something similar when the club got rid of Woewodin, supporters cracked the shits big time.
Yeah I was devastated as a kid when we lost Farmer and Woey back to back, but Im a fan of Melbourne not the player. I didn't buy a membership this year because of Oliver and the club, they get rid of him I'll buy one again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a hard sell for you but for most other yes it would be a hard sell. I think you mean Treloar and Stephenson, but that proves my point. Most members weren't happy about it. I'm not saying it's not the right thing to do, just that most supporters would melt.
You're right was Treloar and Stephenson, then Grundy the following year or year after, point is they weren't happy about it but they all signed up the next year and Collingwood won a flag. So the lesson is do the right thing by the club not some poster sticking pom pom waving duffle coat and badge wearing flogs

I can’t see that tweet on my phone but is there any actual smoke around this or is it just a FC talking point?
Nothing really, just some clubs think he's gettable while we are denying he's up for trade.

I can’t see that tweet on my phone but is there any actual smoke around this or is it just a FC talking point?
I think there's probably as much in it as 'clubs think he's gettable' which they think of everyone and he's on alot of money. As for real smoke I'd be surprised

You're right was Treloar and Stephenson, then Grundy the following year or year after, point is they weren't happy about it but they all signed up the next year and Collingwood won a flag. So the lesson is do the right thing by the club not some poster sticking pom pom waving duffle coat and badge wearing flogs
Don't forget the ones with the Clarry doona and nightlight.

It's infuriating because it's like so close yet so far, Oliver to Geelong and we pay some his his wage for their first and second. Package up some good picks to Freo for Brayshaw, Freo have a kings ransom of picks to throw at Sydney or Richmond

Our culture and midfield is better for next year and Geelong definitely have the better leadership to work with him

Nothing really, just some clubs think he's gettable while we are denying he's up for trade.
I think there's probably as much in it as 'clubs think he's gettable' which they think of everyone and he's on alot of money. As for real smoke I'd be surprised
If other clubs actually think he's gettable then you'd have to think they are also willing to take his contract on.

I would say there's no chance he leaves unless he falls off the rails again and our hand is forced. Goodwin won't trade him on form. Way too stubborn for that.

If other clubs actually think he's gettable then you'd have to think they are also willing to take his contract on.

I would say there's no chance he leaves unless he falls off the rails again and our hand is forced. Goodwin won't trade him on form. Way too stubborn for that.
Its chicken and the egg though, if he plays up again and we want to get rid of him the market shrinks and you probably end up having to cut him and eat the contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – feast on the carcass within!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back