List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – feast on the carcass within!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I was devastated as a kid when we lost Farmer and Woey back to back, but Im a fan of Melbourne not the player. I didn't buy a membership this year because of Oliver and the club, they get rid of him I'll buy one again
I agree the club is most important, I'm similar in age losing those players hurt but life went on. I think Woewodin is a good example of bold trading. I think the club wanted him off the books and he was definitely out of favour from Daniher. We ended up with a a first round selection used on Daniel Bell. Fevola is a good example much loved but Carlton gave him the flick.

I agree the club is most important, I'm similar in age losing those players hurt but life went on. I think Woewodin is a good example of bold trading. I think the club wanted him off the books and he was definitely out of favour from Daniher. We ended up with a a first round selection used on Daniel Bell. Fevola is a good example much loved but Carlton gave him the flick.
The thing is sure he might come good again, an I know I'm mostly on me pat Malone here but for that amount of money I don't think he even justifies it at his best especially with the way footys heading. Brownlow was full of inside types 5 years ago it's definitely swung to more balanced an outside types. Also it's a real reality too that he never gets back to his best or gets worse. This is the final year we could trade him for anything

Tim Lamb got us into this trouble. He can find a way out.

No club is offering much at all for a bloke that was on suicide watch 6 months ago with known substance issues and gambling problems. And that's not taking into account the contract. We'd have to pay a substantial amount for 6 more years to another club to take it on. Surely no club is dumb enough? Maybe Saints the only club who'd be stupid(desperate) enough. I think we'll back him in to get healthy next year. Unless he slips again off field. Then he's even more worthless. Bombers or Cats could be arrogant enough to take a nibble. Both close enough to a flag, and both need an in and under bull.

Its chicken and the egg though, if he plays up again and we want to get rid of him the market shrinks and you probably end up having to cut him and eat the contract.
I agree I'm just pointing out that's the only way I see him leaving.

If it's currently other clubs think he's gettable and we're denying it then those clubs would need to convince us to let him go which means they'd have to be willing to eat his contract and give up enough to entice us. Whatever that is would be too much for those clubs when push comes to shove.

If it's currently other clubs think he's gettable and we're denying it then those clubs would need to convince us to let him go which means they'd have to be willing to eat his contract and give up enough to entice us. Whatever that is would be too much for those clubs when push comes to shove.
I'd say we are always gonna deny it mid season but I see your point. Knowing us we'll still want 3 first rounders because he's such a legend at Melbourne 🤮

I'd say we are always gonna deny it mid season but I see your point. Knowing us we'll still want 3 first rounders because he's such a legend at Melbourne 🤮
Only other way it happens is if it unlocks a trade for a guy we want even more like the Hogan/May deal.

Is Brayshaw going to be that guy in Goodwin's eyes? Dunno.

Morris didnt exactly elaborate about what he meant by gettable. It could be something as simple as other clubs have said if they were in Melbourne's shoes with how hes played this year that they'd be trying to offload him, hence "think hes gettable"

Morris didnt exactly elaborate about what he meant by gettable. It could be something as simple as other clubs have said if they were in Melbourne's shoes with how hes played this year that they'd be trying to offload him, hence "think hes gettable"
Clubs believe it they leave some bubble wrap and KFC outside his couch he's gettable

If it's as little as that then there is absolutely nothing to see here.

Watched the video now. Morris saying that his contract is worth more after TPP increase. I don't ever wanna hear someone justify a long term contract because the TPP is going to go up ever again.

You need to get on to the social media and see the nuffies. I reckon 99% would melt over the idea over trading Oliver. Would be a very hard sell to the members imo.
Just quietly, this tweet has absolutely triggered nuffy Melbourne supporters not only on twitter but Demonland also.

And I bloody love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the video now. Morris saying that his contract is worth more after TPP increase. I don't ever wanna hear someone justify a long term contract because the TPP is going to go up ever again.
It is absolutely disgusting especially given all the stuff they are well aware of behind the scenes. Hard to believe we wouldnt have had some out in it or pay reduction if certain behaviours and fitness standards arent met.

Just quietly, this tweet has absolutely triggered nuffy Melbourne supporters not only on twitter but Demonland also.

And I bloody love it.
heading over to DL now.. 🚶‍♂️

The thing is sure he might come good again, an I know I'm mostly on me pat Malone here but for that amount of money I don't think he even justifies it at his best especially with the way footys heading. Brownlow was full of inside types 5 years ago it's definitely swung to more balanced an outside types. Also it's a real reality too that he never gets back to his best or gets worse. This is the final year we could trade him for anything
I don't think you're on you're own there. As pointed out on footy classified it's a big deal and a lot of money. Nuffies aside hard to argue about good business logic.

I'm a bit like everyone else. I think it does take something drastic for Oliver to be traded. By that I mean if he stuffs up again or maybe there would be a club willing to take on that contract? I highly doubt so but..

As some have mooted, the club is far bigger then the individual. If there was an opportunity to trade him where we could receive multiple first round picks then I'd take it in a heartbeat. **** the Melbourne supporters that will melt if this happens, we're the most sensitive supporter base in the league so of course this wouldn't surprise me.

Make an offer for Brayshaw perhaps or even Finn Callaghan perhaps and still give us a chance to continue on the rebuild on the run. This year has also proven what a group of young kids does for the team morale and performance. They bring energy and excitement and gives the senior players a bit more prep in their step.

And lastly, what on earth was Tim Lamb thinking when he and his manager agreed and drafted up this contract?! Absolute shambles and I wish someone like Kane Cornes would put more heat on Tim Lamb directly for orchestrating this botched contract deal.

More, tell me you dont understand the salary cap without saying you dont understand the salary cap... an average Clayton on ~1.7m per year = valuable asset . Imagine this guy in charge of your business, you'd be bankrupt by the end of the month

Screen Shot 2024-07-15 at 10.23.16 pm.png

F* Sam McClure is an unlikeable campaigner. Why are nearly all AFL media dudes so unlikeable?
I think as MarcMaverick pointed out it's part of the territory. They seem to either try to outdo each other with their scoops or try to outdo each other with faux outrage over some random injury caused by some random action, usually a bump.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – feast on the carcass within!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back