Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Who says the window is still open? No one is saying Houston isnt good but koolaid drinking and assuming we will be picking 16-20 next year coz we have Houston is the last thing this club should be doing right now. Has backfire written all over it.

Melbourne aren't selling the farm to rebuild.

Port might be.

Ask Ports forwards who they would rather see coming though the midfield ball in hand Houston or Butters?

With Dan Ports forwards know where to lead and when to lead. He runs in a straight line.
Butters not so much.

Melbournes forwards if asked do you want pick 8 and 18 next year or Dan Houston I'm very confident they are picking Dan.

Port might be.

Ask Ports forwards who they would rather see coming though the midfield ball in hand Houston or Butters?

With Dan Ports forwards know where to lead and when to lead. He runs in a straight line.
Butters not so much.

Melbournes forwards if asked do you want pick 8 and 18 next year or Dan Houston I'm very confident they are picking Dan.

lol @ pick 18 next year.

Half back flankers grow on trees and how many ā€œbest kicks in the compā€ are there. Pretty sure iv heard N Martin, Sheezal, Whitfield, H Young, Sicily, Daicos, Dale, Wanganeen-Milera and an army of others being touted as ā€œbest kick in the compā€ including our very own Mcvee.

Considering you can pickup blokes like Milera or Young with a single top 10 pick and get 12 years out of them I highly doubt any talk of anymore than that would be part of any Houston conversation who clearly is on the out and probably only has 4 years left in him at best and plays a position we have riches in.

Port might be.

Butters not so much.

Its not about rebuilding, its about cautiously approaching the next couple of years before Tassie come in and if the ass falls out completely (which is entirely possible on our current trajectory with Gawn and May nearly done) we arent caught with our pants down with no first round picks from the previous two drafts with multiple compromised drafts ahead of us.

Would the club believe the same as me? Probably not. They seem to be in denial about where we are at so you never know what crazy shit they might do.

Club should look to reset now and flog off more players to get more picks in this and next year. Would put anyone over 26 on the table except Gawn, ANB and Lever. (Yes I would do 2 firsts for Trac).

Kidding ourselves if we want to hang around mid table with **** all talent coming in before the draft is cannabalised by Tasmnania and 20th team.

Will be a repeat of when we were on the bottom and GC and GWS came in.

Club should look to reset now and flog off more players to get more picks in this and next year. Would put anyone over 26 on the table except Gawn, ANB and Lever. (Yes I would do 2 firsts for Trac).

Kidding ourselves if we want to hang around mid table with **** all talent coming in before the draft is cannabalised by Tasmnania and 20th team.

The idea of Lever being a more vital cog to retain than Petracca is a very interesting conclusion to draw.

Lever is in a similar boat to Houston in that regard ā€“ you can find HBs and intercept defenders who can't defend (Lever) anywhere. On the other hand, Petracca is pretty much a generational talent (from a club perspective at least).

The idea of Lever being a more vital cog to retain than Petracca is a very interesting conclusion to draw.

Lever is in a similar boat to Houston in that regard ā€“ you can find HBs and intercept defenders who can't defend (Lever) anywhere. On the other hand, Petracca is pretty much a generational talent (from a club perspective at least).

Need a senior down back

I want us to get into the draft more-so, than trade-in players onto our list... I don't mind the free agents coming onboard, such as battle.

I don't want to send our picks to other clubs... So I guess Baker won't be on our list.

Last year I wanted us to get some kid with leg speed and kicking ability, (preferably dual sided skills) And i thought windsor might be around our pick.. very happy with this result.
--------------

This year i want us to do the same, but with a view to an inside build with some speed and kicking abilities. (again pref dual sided skills).

As the game opens up more, the dual sided skills will come back to the fore. As in the 80's to early 2000's.
Keep the left footers to a minimum, as they have a tougher time learning to kick off either foot, and handball either side... particularly around the midfielders.

I'd really like us to be able to engineer our draft hand, to get 2 fleet footed inside mids between Picks 8 to P14.... and some talls from P15 to P30.

Preferably 200cm talls who are agile & really good below knees, and are forward/ruck prospects. A couple of tall projects, Please.

If we can win the BATTLE this 2024. We will be way in front, down back. ;)

Even Mr.Blow it all up me wouldn't trade Trac. Need someone to set the standard for professionalism in preparation around the club and he sells memberships.
Everyone has a price but Tracs would be so ridiculous it's not even worth mentioning

Everyone has a price but Tracs would be so ridiculous it's not even worth mentioning
Would have to be another Reid + kinda deal where we were bottoming out.

Would be interesting to know, Id assume 2 firsts (a pick in the top 3) and a quality young player is probably the starting point, might even need a bit more than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be interesting to know, Id assume 2 firsts and a quality young player is probably the starting point.
Yeah or two quality youngsters and a first.
So if for some stupid reason port offered JHF, Butters and pick 12 I'd probably take it.

Yeah or two quality youngsters and a first.
So if for some stupid reason port offered JHF, Butters and pick 12 I'd probably take it.
As much as I like Trac you'd be a fool not to take that. Im thinking it would be more like a less established youngster with potential. Say like a Bailey Humphrey a top 3 pick and GC future first.

As much as I like Trac you'd be a fool not to take that. Im thinking it would be more like a less established youngster with potential. Say like a Bailey Humphrey a top 3 pick and GC future first.
Yeah GC probably the only club that could afford to throw some draft picks cause they don't really need them anymore.

Clubs will just pick off the talent in Tas like they did with GWS and Suns. The draft is already compromised. Tas will get some great picks but give it a few years and a fair chunk of that talent will get picked off. I like Hobart, but not a chance in hell as a young fella I'd want to live there.

Would be interesting to know, Id assume 2 firsts (a pick in the top 3) and a quality young player is probably the starting point, might even need a bit more than that.

Freo bloke on main board said he would happily give up there 3 firsts this year + a young kid for Trac

Would take that in a heartbeat.

Clubs will just pick off the talent in Tas like they did with GWS and Suns. The draft is already compromised. Tas will get some great picks but give it a few years and a fair chunk of that talent will get picked off. I like Hobart, but not a chance in hell as a young fella I'd want to live there.

We got **** all from GWS and Suns.

I think we might try offer our 2025 first for Houston.

Donā€™t we have that big unit academy kid Tyrion Ah-Mu next year? Might make sense to flog off our first rounder anyway.

We got **** all from GWS and Suns.
Jesse Hogan
Steve May
Adam Tomlinson
Dom Tyson
Sam Frost
Tom Bugg

All were more than handy. If we got f* all out of those clubs, then some other clubs did pretty fn well then. Tas will be the same. Can't keep all that talent on the books in a sleepy town for too long.

I do laugh at these "Tas won't be able to retain players because it's quiet, nothing to do" posts. Geelong seems to do just fine and it is comparable. Culture and a sense of belonging is what makes people stay.

Just as an aside. The training centre is:
  • 10 minutes from the airport (hour flight to Melbourne)
  • 5 minutes to the city
  • 10 minutes to multiple beaches
  • 10 minutes to 5 acre hobby farm blocks
  • 20 minutes to large farming blocks of land

I do laugh at these "Tas won't be able to retain players because it's quiet, nothing to do" posts. Geelong seems to do just fine and it is comparable. Culture and a sense of belonging is what makes people stay.

Just as an aside. The training centre is:
  • 10 minutes from the airport (hour flight to Melbourne)
  • 5 minutes to the city
  • 10 minutes to multiple beaches
  • 10 minutes to 5 acre hobby farm blocks
  • 20 minutes to large farming blocks of land
Weather much more manageable. Not as hot in Tasmania as in Melboourne. Liawanee e.g. seems lovely.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread šŸ—‘šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Back