Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Except this one last tilt will set us back years. Smacks of desperation of a coach trying to cling to his job.
Well he should have stayed faithful to the draft, in past seasons.
If he makes finals next year he probably gets an extension, no finals and he's either sacked or not extended.
Either way... I'd like to have a crack at 'Horse'... when he leaves the Swans, soon enough.

Either way... I'd like to have a crack at 'Horse'... when he leaves the Swans, soon enough.
Really? He's a ****in' loser.
Can't even beat Western Dog in a grand final.

Shit pants every time they get near the pointy end.

He is a monster that Ah Mu kid!

Pretty sure he is 2 years away though and so far it’s more his size that has everyone talking.
This, is the kid we ought be seriously speaking to... can play back, forward, and at 202cms... is a obvious fill in for Max when injured; or resting.
Out of contract next year, 2025_

Last edited:
You have to admit it would be funny giving away 2 first round picks for Dan Houston, imagine how much abuse that campaigner would cop if we did it lol.

I wouldn't blame him, but bloody oath, the club would could cop some very choice words.
At this stage, I think a rebellion could happen from our supporters, if we short our future, for the now.

A throw out the board sort of rebellion.

At this stage, I think a rebellion could happen from our supporters, if we short our future, for the now.

A throw out the board sort of rebellion.
Id hope so but not so sure. Think most of our supporters still drink the clubs koolaid

After 2022/23 and with Oli's frolics, I think the supporters can join the dots which correspond to our deemise, these past 3 seasons, inc' this one.
The same supporters who rung up the club in droves and said they wouldnt be renewing their membership if Oliver was traded last offseason?

I think everyone here is forgetting one important fact.
The current crop don't want to have skinny first round kids added to the list, they want ready made players for one last tilt at another flag. Trac, Mayzy and Maxy wont be there in a few years if the club is thinking rebuild, players have huge influence over what happens on draft day, don't forget that.
Trac will play well into his 30’s he’s super professional, he will be part of the next rebuild, Gawn and May won’t be though

The same supporters who rung up the club in droves and said they wouldnt be renewing their membership if Oliver was traded last offseason?
Hahaha, yes, probably the same ones. But attitudes can change fairly quickly.

Those who were Pro 'Oli', no matter what, are now not so set in stone about it, after seeing the level being delivered so far this year... and the possibility that this could maybe be reproduced for the next 5 Yrs or so.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trac will play well into his 30’s he’s super professional, he will be part of the next rebuild, Gawn and May won’t be though
There are major rebuilds, like the one that North have been on for some years, already.

And the mini rejigs that Geelong have been constantly rolling over for a decade, and the Hawks have been rolling over for about 5 years. And the one the Swans have also been rolling on, for again about 5 years, with the help of their academy picks.
Carlton are the pick of how not to do it, and have been trying for about 15 or more years.

Our situation if we don't leave it too late to hit the draft will be a mini rejig.
But if we send our early picks to other clubs, they will be the beneficiaries of it.

And we will be in for much more pain, in the longer outlook.

Lukosius dropped. If we want Jack Watts back he's as close as you'll come.

Could be fun. Don't know how much he loves **** and swimming though.

Might sound crazy, but actually think Watts would fit in well with our current 'contest and defence' list. Need some outside skill and nice delivery by foot.

My thought on Houston:
For 6-7 this year and our first next year (and I assume their 2nd round back) will depend on if we make finals next year or not.

If we don't make finals then troubling as it means Houston didn't help and another top 10 pick gone (top 5 would be... I don't even want to think about it)

If we make finals and win a final then I'm probably ok with it. A pick in the 12-15 range is pretty meh.

We have a promising under 23 core coming through, winning games helps speed up development and it helps attract free agents for 2026.

Houston would still have 3+ prime years left after 2025 with Trac meaning they overlap with the young core hitting the starts of their primes.

Have a look back at 2020/2021/2022 drafts, some guns in the pointy end of the draft but also some meh-to-bust players. Picks 10-18 even more mixed bag. Houston we know is good, has assets we could use, he's experienced, he only turned 27 a couple of months ago.

Do we really? Other than JVR, McVee and Windsor the rest seem mid or worse.
Rivers just turned 23 (last week) and Pickett 2 months ago.

In my head I thought Petty was 23 but is actually 24 (promising defender) but young enough I think.

I think Kolt, AMW and Woey show promise too.

Too early to tell with Kynan and Verrall. Turner maybe as a defender.

Jefferson, prob not but key talls can look really average until their suddenly not with how long their development takes.

Rivers just turned 23 (last week) and Pickett 2 months ago.

In my head I thought Petty was 23 but is actually 24 (promising defender) but young enough I think.

I think Kolt, AMW and Woey show promise too.

Too early to tell with Kynan and Verrall. Turner maybe as a defender.

Jefferson, prob not but key talls can look really average until their suddenly not with how long their development takes.
Without checking I reckon we'd be in the bottom 6 in terms of talent under 23 on what we have seen. Doesn't help the perception that the coach keeps playing underperforming vets tho I suppose.

Thoughts on Jacob Konstanty? Contracted at Sydney but Gippsland boy. Hasn't had much luck with injuries and behind a lot of similar players up there.

Highly rated in his draft year (pick 20) for forward pressure, clean hands, good speed and crumbling ability. Definately fits a need.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back