Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Could do worse (and would keep JVR out of the ruck), but he's another that would probably struggle with the way we move the ball as he's hardly a pack-crashing contested beast (despite his size).

That, and Essendon are a nightmare to deal with. Probably rather focus our efforts on rejuvenating the midfield, but if he somehow came cheap, why not.

Isn’t Dodoro gone? Wouldn’t it be Mahoney we need to deal with now?

I do wonder if they see Houston as somebody who could play mid time for the next few years (on paper, Rivers, Houston and Petracca sounds like a much more dynamic mix than Oliver, Viney and Petracca), but there's no real exposed form with Houston in that role, so it'd be an even bigger gamble.

I do wonder if they see Houston as somebody who could play mid time for the next few years (on paper, Rivers, Houston and Petracca sounds like a much more dynamic mix than Oliver, Viney and Petracca), but there's no real exposed form with Houston in that role, so it'd be an even bigger gamble.

Only way Houston works is if we **** off Oliver / Viney

Only way Houston works is if we **** off Oliver / Viney
Only way anything works is if at least one of those leave/play a different role/play at Casey. If they're our two highest CBA mids again next year (as they have been for the better part of a decade), we're not achieving anything meaningful.

Anyone for Peter Wright? Playing VFL and his deal is until 2027 so would require a trade, would help up forward and as second ruck.
Yep said it about a month ago. Not that I think he makes us massively better but if it saves JVR and Petty from doing ruck work its absolutely something we should look at assuming they arent asking for a Dodoro style price.

Yep said it about a month ago. Not that I think he makes us massively better but if it saves JVR and Petty from doing ruck work its absolutely something we should look at assuming they arent asking for a Dodoro style price.
If we could jag North's second for Viney and on-trade that for Wright that could work.

If we could jag North's second for Viney and on-trade that for Wright that could work.
Id want a future third or something back given the pick will be in the early 20's Wright's on a decent wage and hes not getting a game but yeah, something like that works for me.

Personally I think that's the idea. Gus replacement but with a better kick. Could either launch us from defence or deliver better inside 50. You're right though, it's a gamble, but every kick out of the middle by Clarry, Viney or Gawn is a gamble currently anyway.

If that means no more Ben Brown, I am all for 2MP.

He's younger, stronger and can pinch hit in the ruck.

Personally I think that's the idea. Gus replacement but with a better kick. Could either launch us from defence or deliver better inside 50. You're right though, it's a gamble, but every kick out of the middle by Clarry, Viney or Gawn is a gamble currently anyway.

Plus Dan Houston is better than Clarry anyway.

Plus Dan Houston is better than Clarry anyway.

I love Clarry in general, but hard to defend him now - Would think Houston in the midfield is less of a gamble than Clarry in the midfield in terms of 2025 as things currently stand. I still reckon Clarry can turn it around, but geez the odds are dwindling by the week atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd have to be really close to a retirement announcement from him now.

I hope that at the very least BBB is involved with the women's program as an assistant or even a senior coach.

I love Clarry in general, but hard to defend him now - Would think Houston in the midfield is less of a gamble than Clarry in the midfield in terms of 2025 as things currently stand. I still reckon Clarry can turn it around, but geez the odds are dwindling by the week atm.
Look, I myself hope Clarry can turn it around, I just have suspicion that he has peaked.

Whereas Houston has more versatility.

Just not for that price though.

Look, I myself hope Clarry can turn it around, I just have suspicion that he has peaked.

Whereas Houston has more versatility.

Just not for that price though.

Still have a conspiracy theory something is happening somewhere with our contracted players though - Given our draft capital and who we've been reported as chasing, there must be currency coming from somewhere to trade.

Maybe its just future pick trading, but just doesn't add up atm for mine.

Still have a conspiracy theory something is happening somewhere with our contracted players though - Given our draft capital and who we've been reported as chasing, there must be currency coming from somewhere to trade.

Agree, think one of Oliver/Trac or Viney will depart. (Maybe 2).

I'm just glad future pick trading for 2 years hasn't kicked in this year. Imagine how screwed we could make ourselves with that much power right before compromised drafts 🔥🔥🔥

Was prepared to give Oliver the fitness excuse until about 6 games in I realized he doesn’t give a stuff at all. Never seen him be as lazy or as soft as he has been this year.

Some bloke on main board thinks Crows looking to part with pick 4 for Oliver
Let's chuck in Sparrow to sweeten the deal for them

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back