• Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Some bloke on main board thinks Crows looking to part with pick 4 for Oliver
Sign Count Me In GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

Is he utilised though? Obviously has been given the direction to nearly always go long down the left side at kick-ins, and has been doing it for years as a result.
I guess i was meaning at least we were using him for the kick ins and that he's been able to hit some decent targets across half back last several years. Disposals are fairly high for a full back and at a guess his kicks are at least attempting to move the ball forward. He'd have to be one of the better kicks in the side.

If you want quality then you gotta give quality.

Club is not going in rebuild mode this year. Expected score probably says we are going for a fourth straight flag or some shit. Strap yourself in!
Yes, 'give to get', but If Houston has a problem, and is dee-termined to come back to Melbourne, then we have a lot of pull in all of this.

I think our future 1st is enough, and maybe a swap of other picks.

Be bold of him to be re-negotiating 5 months after re-signing...
Viney won't leave, and he is a wanted man.

It'd be 'Oli', I would look at trading, after the completion of next season. Following him having a solid Pre 2025 season.

What I see of 'Oli', is someone who struggles to stay motivated for too long.

I think he achieved his goals, and has since struggled to stay on the straight and narrow. IMV, he is someone who needs others to set his goals for him, and then try to get him onside with it.

I think this is just a part of him... and will be a constant. But he will get better than this season, for sure.

I took him seriously until he linked this

Crows are an interesting one. I reckon they are one A grade contested mid away from being in the mix. Do they back themselves to turn Clayton around? Burgess would be frothing at the prospect i reckon. I reckon there fans riot if they offered pick 4 for him though. We wouldn't budge on it though as we've come out strongly defending him being on the list next season. Would probably have to come from Clayton if there was to be a trade.

Tom Morris now reporting North are apparently targeting Viney.

Not sure if he's putting 2 and 2 together for 5 after SportsDay or if Johnno knew something or if Clarko heard it and thought "oh yeah...."

There is only one way this can or will happen; and that's with the acceptance of JV himself.

As a contracted player, it would cost the Roos a player, such as Luke Davies-Uniacke...

It sounds to me like the Roos are looking for someone to be a leader at that club, and to set the bar for how to apply and to train, and to commit.

They would not find any better than Jack, for this purpose.

I remember the reports were that he was very close to going there. Think it was something to do with him being shitty about losing the captaincy so we gave him an extra year to keep him happy.

Worked out with 2021 at least.

If North are chasing him in contract then we're likely to get a better pick out of it.
I've been thinking that I would like to see Jack V made captain again, as Maxy ages and slows.

His attitude and effort is equally important to Max's, in the leadership of our team.

There is only one way this can or will happen; and that's with the acceptance of JV himself.

As a contracted player, it would cost the Roos a player, such as Luke Davies-Uniacke...

It sounds to me like the Roos are looking for someone to be a leader at that club, and to set the bar for how to apply and to train, and to commit.

Come on Sugar, they're not gonna trade one of the best young midfielders in the game for a 31-year-old Jack Viney

Send in The Sugar! Viney for LDU, holy smokes, get it done mate.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Sugar, they're not gonna trade one of the best young midfielders in the game for a 31-year-old Jack Viney
With Oliver for pick 4 and Viney for LDU trades getting done this offseason, I'd like to take this moment to apologise for my negative outlook of late on here.

Trading Viney >>>> giving Viney another 3+ years. His time as a full-time starting mid for a competing side is basically done.

If we wants the cash + longer deal, let him. He's done plenty and is well within his rights to top up his super – just hope we don't get sucked into it out of loyalty.
I've only just realised Viney hasn't signed his new offer, just yet. I thought he was signed for the next few years.

So far he is still out of contract after next year. https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-melbourne-demons--jack-viney

I rarely drink anymore , and pretty much beer only when I do, but a question for you drinkers, are UDLs still around? LDU always make me think of them when I hear his name.

They were my "I dont have enough money for Jim or Jack cans and Woodstock bloats me so **** that" teenage beverage of choice back in the day. Loved me Udills.

Lever is massively overrated imo.

TRADE EVERYONE TIM LAMB

We should 100% be looking to trade him, could easily get a 1st rounder and Disco or Hore could do the same job for a fraction of the cost.
Lever was recruited back when the flood was on full time. His intercept marking and slow decision making was much better suited then. But he's really a 3rd tall defender at best.

Just not strong enough or skilled enough to compete in the one-on-ones with big forwards.

We have Turner as an intecept marker, who could play Levers role, straight away.

Last edited:
Are The Dees brave enough? History suggest, No.
No... if we were... we would have the Glass House as home base, and Gosch's as our 2nd training oval.

Something about Board's, and Leopards Spots, that I recall.

Our off-field management, has always been spineless.
And that's why the Blues and the Piss have each over 16 premierships, to our 13.

But you understand the method. We are in dire need of a list refresh.

Don't want to be on the wrong part of the ladder when Tassie comes. Tigers are doing the right things right now. They'll probably be in the 8 in 2-3 years time. Are The Dees brave enough? History suggest, No.
Tiges and Eagles both trying hard to rebuild, prior to Tassie.

On the other hand, send the Tige's south... Tassie Tigers.

We should send Clayton along in the same trade.

You can escape the dees Trac, but you can’t escape Clayton and his shit contract..

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back