Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
If you're right, then Goodwin doesn't have the influence or conviction to demand the changes that would take the club where it needs to go and to a place where the players actually want to be there then he's not the man for the job anyway anyway.

If I'm right about what? I'm not the one choosing which bits I like out of what's reported.

"Trac wants a trade" - Of course he does! Bloody Goodwin!
"It's nothing to do with Goodwin" - Well that's obviously rubbish!

With our window closed I would happily take offers for Petracca.

Need a few seniors for a rebuild but ANB, Langdon, Lever and Houston should be a good base.

Trac probably just can’t be ****ed playing for a shit team for a few seasons, it happens. Some players always want the lime light.

Yes, let's pick and choose the bits that suit our agendas out of what's been reported.
Let's just say that Goody is the main reason. Clearly plenty going wrong across the whole club. If Pert doesn't deliver on this home base surely we move him on too. Culture is in the toilet clearly and now we have our best player potentially wanting out. Surely, surely the club sweeps through the coaching staff at the bare minimum after this. We might actually see something happen. If we don't have the balls to do anything after this, then we deserve the decade or more rebuild.

Let's just say that Goody is the main reason. Clearly plenty going wrong across the whole club. If Pert doesn't deliver on this home base surely we move him on too. Culture is in the toilet clearly and now we have our best player potentially wanting out. Surely, surely the club sweeps through the coaching staff at the bare minimum after this. We might actually see something happen. If we don't have the balls to do anything after this, then we deserve the decade or more rebuild.

Yeah the impact this should have at the club could be a real positive potentially. We suck at making genuine change unless absolutely forced. This would do it, you'd hope.

Yeah the impact this should have at the club could be a real positive potentially. We suck at making genuine change unless absolutely forced. This would do it, you'd hope.

I imagine Gary Pert will be releasing a statement in the next 24 hours before this gains further traction.

Suns have picks: 6, 11, 20, 26 as well as future picks and Jack Lukosius up for grabs.

Freo have 3 first rounders as well.

North pick 2 and F1

Tigers have pick 1, Rioli, Bolton, Baker compo and Future picks (and Yze)

West Coast have pick 3 and Harley Reid

Plenty of takers.

More likely he still likes Goody as a person and doesnt want to offend him so just say its not him and pretend its something else/broader.
Reckon it's about the game plan. Goody is responsible for it and backing it in - last straw for trac. Can like your boss and also disagree with his plan. Maybe thinks he can influence it this way.

Probably scratching his head why the kids are not getting more exposure and veterans not being sent in early for surgeries to be cherry ripe for 2025 too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With our window closed I would happily take offers for Petracca.

Need a few seniors for a rebuild but ANB, Langdon, Lever and Houston should be a good base.

Trac probably just can’t be ****ed playing for a shit team for a few seasons, it happens. Some players always want the lime light.
Trac is the last bloke on our list you'd look at offers for. Amazing trainer, top 10 player in the comp. If he goes then we're in more trouble than most of us thought. Look at Viney to Norf, Oliver to Crows.

Reckon it's about the game plan. Goody is responsible for it and backing it in - last straw for trac. Can like your boss and also disagree with his plan. Maybe thinks he can influence it this way.

Probably scratching his head why the kids are not getting more exposure and veterans not being sent in early for surgeries to be cherry ripe for 2025 too.
Id think thats part of it, footy should be fun, contest and defense going to wear you down after a while. Probably with his time off hes watched other teams play a bit more and said that actually looks enjoyable.

Trac has been unhappy for a while now.

I bumped into a current players folks at our local footy 2 weeks ago (easy to work out when they're from Albury) and we discussed all things footy then got talking about the current situation at the Dees.

It was pretty damning some of the information that was coming out regarding the footy club. I obviously won't post on here about it but when we got onto the discussion of Trac, the players father said that Trac and his family have been disgruntled with the footy club especially around the way the club handled his injury and the mixed messaging two and from both parties.

He went on further to explain that there are some unhappy senior players within the footy club around a number of key issues such as team selections, mixed messages from the coaches and the culture in general etc etc..

And yes I posted this on Demonland Saturday morning so don't smash me...

Trac is the last bloke on our list you'd look at offers for. Amazing trainer, top 10 player in the comp. If he goes then we're in more trouble than most of us thought. Look at Viney to Norf, Oliver to Crows.

Look at them al. Trac is 29 before next season and coming off a serious injury.

Take what we can get from any of them and run, throw Salem, Sparrow, Lever and Fritsch into the mix to.

Look at how Hawthorn are playing and compare it to us. Chalk and cheese in both excitement and enjoyment from the playing group. Open forward line with forwards who can run into space and kick goals. Trac probably been watching with keen interest.

Look at them al. Trac is 29 before next season and coming off a serious injury.

Take what we can get from any of them and run, throw Salem, Sparrow, Lever and Fritsch into the mix to.
Maybe. I just feel Trac is the star player you want to keep. Trains his ass off and plays the game the right way. Contracted anyway, so highly doubtful he goes anywhere. But hoping this news brings change elsewhere. No other team had their president and coach on radio preseason answering questions about their culture. Clearly we have major issues regarding culture. Our gameplan and team selections are there for everyone to see. It's garbage. Time is now to act

Not what I am hearing.

Goodwin's frustrations with Lamb/Richardson has spilled over into the playing group. Players seemingly love Simple Simon.
Not surprised about Richo and Lamb at all. I think the supporters really want Goody's head, but the players seem to love the guy for some reason. Hopefully Lamb f*s off. Still unsure what Richo does. Supposedly Goody makes all the calls anyway. So may as well f* him off too.

If I'm right about what? I'm not the one choosing which bits I like out of what's reported.

"Trac wants a trade" - Of course he does! Bloody Goodwin!
"It's nothing to do with Goodwin" - Well that's obviously rubbish!
Realistically, what possible things do you think could be motivating Trac's disillusion.

If its results, Goodwin is the coach, he's responsible for the game plan and motivating the players.

If it's culture, Goodwin talks about that all the time, it's something he's very invested in. He also can drive high performance standards through selection, which he hasn't.

If its injury management, you and I both agree Goodwin has been poor on this front through his whole tenure.

I struggle to come up with a reason where Goodwin shouldn't cop large part of the blame for the current state of the club. And if it's a whole organisational issue, then he needs to go with many others as a part of that regime change.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back