Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He WAS awful there.
I'd imagine he is better there now than the people we have there. By some considerable margin.
Mclean out, Blakey in to the forward line.

Anyways I'd at least try it in the pre season.
Whether Trainor is the answer IDK...I quite like the sound of Tauru as the kind of player we need on our list ATM.

Not WAS…he is terrible up there. Sorry I’ll put it point blank under no circumstances are we moving our All Australian half back flanker.

He WAS awful there.
I'd imagine he is better there now than the people we have there. By some considerable margin.
Mclean out, Blakey in to the forward line.

Anyways I'd at least try it in the pre season.
Whether Trainor is the answer IDK...I quite like the sound of Tauru as the kind of player we need on our list ATM.
I'd suggest just stopping now because your just not being at all realistic. There is more chance they play Tauru as a third tall than they do Blakey up forward

I'd suggest just stopping now because your just not being at all realistic. There is more chance they play Tauru as a third tall than they do Blakey up forward

There’s more chance of the club drafting me and I can’t run to save my life and love way too many beers than moving Blakey forward. It’s a ridiculous idea

Plugging in our anticipated academy players over the next two years into the list.

Cochrane in 2024
Carmichael, King and Chamberlain in 2025.
A nice mix of players. Nice size about some too.

View attachment 2138770
The good thing is that all 3 2025 draftees we only have their height from pre-season testing for the 2024 campaign which was February 2024 and i think King's height has been debated already to be 193cm. But the main point being that both King and Chamberlain i think grow into very very agile 196/7cm players. I think Chamberlain will eventually replace Amartey if we stick with the 3 tall forwards and i think King is our Warner replacement

Yes I was just throwing up the idea for the hell of it.
But what's your plan to do something different, cause we sure as hell aren't winning a flag with the current forward set up.
And it seems we aren't getting anyone experienced in.

Get flogged again by Brisbane next year, or should we try a new approach?

I'd be very happy with Tauru based on his write ups as a flexible athletic player enabling us to experiment with the team set up a bit - including he or Blakey playing forward.

Yes I was just throwing up the idea for the hell of it.
But what's your plan to do something different, cause we sure as hell aren't winning a flag with the current forward set up.
And it seems we aren't getting anyone experienced in.

Get flogged again by Brisbane next year, or should we try a new approach?

I'd be very happy with Tauru based on his write ups as a flexible athletic player enabling us to experiment with the team set up a bit - including he or Blakey playing forward.

Simple solution and it’s very very easy. We don’t need three talls period. Logan as the centrepiece forward so he plays FF. You pick one of Buller/McLean/Amartey. Whoever can most cover the ruck well.

Then you add another small to medium forward that may be via the draft that may be Hanily. That may be Caiden Cleary.

Bottom line I felt all year we were too tall especially when two of the talls are pretty cumbersome in McLean/Grundy.

We are not playing Blakey forward go to the nearest bin and bin the idea it ain’t happening

To add to those I'd like to see a key tall forward up close to 200 but with a decent frame. Chamberlain and King seem like third tall material at 191/2cm unless they bulk up a fair bit. Chamberlain apparently can play wing/outside as well. A bit taller than McInerney.
Carmichael the elusive medium defender.
I wonder if we intend to rookie McCartin.

Jack Buller is 199cm. I hope he can show some promising signs next season...

Jack Buller is 199cm. I hope he can show some promising signs next season...

Injuries have been a huge problem we need a couple of key forward to at worst put pressure on the 3 that are in

If we are indeed seeking to trade up to 13, it means we evidently believe one kid in the top 15 is better than 2 in the 20-25 range.

Given our history of drafting, that frightens me.

Kinda like giving up Rowy and McI for Matt Ling.
It's more like giving up Ling and Deano for Rowbottom

If we are indeed seeking to trade up to 13, it means we evidently believe one kid in the top 15 is better than 2 in the 20-25 range.

Given our history of drafting, that frightens me.

Kinda like giving up Rowy and McI for Matt Ling.
I'd prefer to keep the two picks, but Jmac was pick 44 and can we please all get over the Ling selection. It was a needs pick, wasn't much of a reach and potentially the only reason people criticise it, is because of his injuries. None of us can truthfully say it was a bad pick, because we never got to see a developed Ling with his strengths intact.

Edit: I am a tad hungover, allow me this rant.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knows how to lead. I share your hope but still want us to draft a seriously tall one because it takes a few years for them to reach their potential.
Buller was really promising in 2023, hopefully it was just his back issue affecting him this year and he's recovered by pre season, ready to challenge our 3 senior guys.

But yeah, 1 more draftee on the list is necessary.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back