• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No one is going to give us anything for Parker that would help us trade for Petracca.

We might get a pick in the 30s if he has a good end to the season and then wants to move.

I doubt that is going to tip Melbourne over the edge.

A late second isn’t nothing though

A late second isn’t nothing though
It's not going to make any difference in whether or not Melbourne agree to trade Petracca though.

We'd have to lose Warner or another player like McInerney, to be able to make an strong offer. Obviously if Warner moved, we would have enough picks to do whatever we wanted as he would get a huge package.

But Parker wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Why is this board talking about trading Luke Parker?

Bizarre.

Just bizarre.

There probably would be a few clubs interested in Parker if we wanted to leave.

But that doesn't mean we are going to get anything in a deal that would help us trade for petracca, other than some extra salary cap space.
Agree on that. I reckon if Parker wanted out, we wouldn't stop him. I'm hoping this is not the case as I think he still has plenty left to contribute.

Why is this board talking about trading Luke Parker?

Bizarre.

Just bizarre.

It was only in the context of trading for Petracca.

But tbh if the club is going to treat him as essentially a fringe player, then it would make sense for everyone to part as he could go to a team where he is valued and we could use the salary cap space.

I don't agree that he isn't in our best team, but if the club has decided that then it doesn't make sense to hold on to someone who would be getting paid a lot of money just to play in the reserves.

It's not going to make any difference in whether or not Melbourne agree to trade Petracca though.

We'd have to lose Warner or another player like McInerney, to be able to make an strong offer. Obviously if Warner moved, we would have enough picks to do whatever we wanted as he would get a huge package.

But Parker wouldn't have anything to do with it.

He’d be the so called steaknives would not be the main part of the deal but a mid to late second isn’t nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course but idc about Melbourne side if they wanna hold a disgruntled player its their right.

But if he wants out and nominates us then that weakens their position especially in this landscape.
He is contracted for 5 years. They have complete control.

We'd have to lose one of our best young players to get close to making an acceptable offer.

People talk about getting Trac but I have to wonder about the marginal cost in terms of picks or players. Could he improve us that much? The Oliver of 2 years ago I believe could but Oliver now or Trac? I have serious doubts.
Going after Noah Balta to me is a very attractive proposition as he would fill a very nice niche at not too high a price. Barrass is just plain embarrassing (pun intended). Guy's a flake.
A quality KPF would be well worth thinking about, even a solid medium forward, if available, someone like Langford or Fritsch.
But to be honest I don't expect us to trade in anyone this year.

People talk about getting Trac but I have to wonder about the marginal cost in terms of picks or players. Could he improve us that much? The Oliver of 2 years ago I believe could but Oliver now or Trac? I have serious doubts.
Going after Noah Balta to me is a very attractive proposition as he would fill a very nice niche at not too high a price. Barrass is just plain embarrassing (pun intended). Guy's a flake.
A quality KPF would be well worth thinking about, even a solid medium forward, if available, someone like Langford or Fritsch.
But to be honest I don't expect us to trade in anyone this year.

Trac is JPK with the goal ability and goal sense of Heeney.

He would improve us in ways you couldnt begin to describe lol and can sustain his form much better than Heeney can through 20+ rounds.

I'd be all over oliver. You don't lose talent that quickly, he can still play but he is terribly out of shape and disgruntled. Getting a player of that calibre will never be so cheap as to what he is now.

I would 100% back the club to whip him into shape and get him back to his best
In my view, he is a player with questionable motivation who could really damage club culture if he can’t be “whipped into shape”.

Not worth the risk.

Pass.

In my view, he is a player with questionable motivation who could really damage club culture if he can’t be “whipped into shape”.

Not worth the risk.

Pass.

Yer Oliver on the other hand is a much bigger unknown risk like you dont really know how much he took off his prime during that off-season.

But like a few posts above you dont just lose ALL that ability in the space of a few months right?

Trac is JPK with the goal ability and goal sense of Heeney.

He would improve us in ways you couldnt begin to describe lol and can sustain his form much better than Heeney can through 20+ rounds.
He isn't. He plays more like Dusty than JPK and his goal kicking is not great. 14-12 before his injury. My point was not that he is not a good player but that he might not be worth the price.

I’d love Trac and he’s one of my non Swan favourite players but unless we are losing Warner we don’t need to go there. Noah Balta is the one especially if there’s any chance he’s interested

Sure but for me there zero harm in asking if he’s not interested that’s okay but let’s ask. We are in a window does he want to potentially win a flag?
Who doesn't

But he has played in one already

Good player and still annoyed we passed on him picking Matt Ling.
Thankfully weve stepped up our drafting since then (tho Dalrymple leaving is clearly a set back)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back