Votes: 2 7.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Off to the Pies probably if he goes

Better chance of playing for the Chicago Bulls.

Collingwood have no capacity to trade for Petracca unless they are going to push out a two players like Bobby Hill and Quaynor.

They have one future 1st and no young players of any value.

Last edited:
Personally would be looking either end the 3 I’ve listed ai like the most for sure. We have two picks so it may be a key (either one), then best available next up then match the Academy bid when it comes. Upgrade with the last selection. Think we take just the two “live” selections
With the 5 year rule for rookies and the fact that there is a squeeze on main contract slots and not on rookie selections i don't think we upgrade a player. I reckon we will probably just look at a major slider at the pick that doesn't get taken up by the Cochran match

With the 5 year rule for rookies and the fact that there is a squeeze on main contract slots and not on rookie selections i don't think we upgrade a player. I reckon we will probably just look at a major slider at the pick that doesn't get taken up by the Cochran match

Maybe, or we may flip it to next season helping with the academy match. First pick has to be a genuine key tall.

Maybe, or we may flip it to next season helping with the academy match. First pick has to be a genuine key tall.
We won't flip out of this years draft i don't reckon because of the depth it will be easier to match next year because of the 2 year trading. Also think that we always feel our academy guys are way higher rated than they end up.

We won't flip out of this years draft i don't reckon because of the depth it will be easier to match next year because of the 2 year trading. Also think that we always feel our academy guys are way higher rated than they end up.
Not sure I agree with the academy statement.

Gulden was a steal - but we may not have expected the very early Campbell bid. Blakey fell pretty much where most expected, ditto Cleary, Mills and Heeney.

Future changes to the bidding system may also make bidding on academy products more attractive to rival clubs.

Gulden was a steal - but we may not have expected the very early Campbell bid. Blakey fell pretty much where most expected, ditto Cleary, Mills and Heeney.

Future changes to the bidding system may also make bidding on academy products more attractive to rival clubs.

Why were Cochran and Harrison both put in the futures match of the top 46 juniors players and Harrison looks to be no chance of going national and Cochran with the way he is tracking is on edge of national and rookie draft. They both fell because they were overrated in their u17.

Come back in a years time after we keep saying we need to trade back because we have 3 guys that are all up there in the top 30 because im pretty confident that not all 3 would be top 30 worthy showing that they will slide in their draft year (exactly what i said happening for the second straight year).

Also think the main point i was making was that usually 1-2 fall off the face of it. Take for instance Lachie Cabor highly touted going into his senior year, played in the futures game and then fell off. I would say more times than not we have atleast 1-2 prospects deemed top 50 and we see that they fall off.

I think a lot of Academy players don't get bid on because "what's the point, they'll only match" so clubs bid on who they want and expect to be able to get at that point.
Pretty sure we expected Campbell to be later and Gulden earlier than they went.

I think a lot of Academy players don't get bid on because "what's the point, they'll only match" so clubs bid on who they want and expect to be able to get at that point.
Pretty sure we expected Campbell to be later and Gulden earlier than they went.
I still look at that draft and see them as averaging out, well, actually I think we won it easily. Campbell remind a few of his talent and physicality the other night.

Never really understood the reasoning why Campbell was rated more highly externally. Gulden was the higher rated a year out, then yeah Braeden had the standout futures game, but both had good draft years.

Some have said Gulden's size may have been a factor, but joke's on other clubs I guess. I imagine we still had him much more highly rated as you say. We would have gone into deficit if needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still look at that draft and see them as averaging out, well, actually I think we won it easily. Campbell remind a few of his talent and physicality the other night.

Never really understood the reasoning why Campbell was rated more highly externally. Gulden was the higher rated a year out, then yeah Braeden had the standout futures game, but both had good draft years.

Some have said Gulden's size may have been a factor, but joke's on other clubs I guess. I imagine we still had him much more highly rated as you say. We would have gone into deficit if needed.
Did Gulden get injured during any of his juniors seasons that caused his stock to fall. As well as having COVID wipe most of their u18 campaign maybe Gulden wasn't able to fully make up lost ground.

Did Gulden get injured during any of his juniors seasons that caused his stock to fall. As well as having COVID wipe most of their u18 campaign maybe Gulden wasn't able to fully make up lost ground.
He was more highly rated in footy media than Campbell, a year out from drafting and I don't think either had any significant injuries in their draft year.

If Geelong get Oliver and Smith in the same trade period they'll be in a very good spot
As I have often said - Geelong can do whatever they like without any fear over being caught for exceeding the salary cap.
They have proved this to be the case over the past 5 years.

As I have often said - Geelong can do whatever they like without any fear over being caught for exceeding the salary cap.
They have proved this to be the case over the past 5 years.

I think its a huge grey area available to some clubs i doubt the AFL would let them get away with blatant cheating.

They will be flag favourites for 2025 if they have that off-season.

Blakey actually went a lot later than many were anticipating. With each pick that went by without a Blakey bid this board was lit LOL

Blakey actually went a lot later than many were anticipating. With each pick that went by without a Blakey bid this board was lit LOL

Then the best in draft trade of all time occured! West coast and us!! It was awesome

Yes, I acknowledge some thought he’d be higher - but Twomey had him at 8, and plenty of phantom drafts had him in the 8-12 range.

Poor bloke - to think, he had the opportunity to nominate North.

I still stand by my view that apart from Gulden, we generally pay fair market value for academy picks. And if Gulden was taller, he’d have gone top 15.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back