• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond under/over 8.5 national draftees this year?

I honestly can't even figure out where their land would start

I still look at that draft and see them as averaging out, well, actually I think we won it easily. Campbell remind a few of his talent and physicality the other night.

Never really understood the reasoning why Campbell was rated more highly externally. Gulden was the higher rated a year out, then yeah Braeden had the standout futures game, but both had good draft years.

Some have said Gulden's size may have been a factor, but joke's on other clubs I guess. I imagine we still had him much more highly rated as you say. We would have gone into deficit if needed.

No one had a good draft year due to pandemic, but at least they got to play some footy unlike many others.

The Campbell high bid was just Clarkson playing silly buggers - by trade week 2020 Hawks had become a totally dysfunctional club

Yes, I acknowledge some thought he’d be higher - but Twomey had him at 8, and plenty of phantom drafts had him in the 8-12 range.

Poor bloke - to think, he had the opportunity to nominate North.

I still stand by my view that apart from Gulden, we generally pay fair market value for academy picks. And if Gulden was taller, he’d have gone top 15.
Every other club had a chance to bid on Gulden earlier but didn’t, and most clubs had two opportunities. If Gulden went below market value, then the only things other clubs need to look at is a mirror.

I think Gulden slid because there was no U18 championships in his draft year. If there had been, he would have dominated.

I think we had just two academy matches against GWS and the local Sydney competition. I remember watching the low quality streams of the academy games against GWS. Gulden was everywhere picking up possessions with his workrate and had clean hands in wet conditions.

I think Gulden slid because there was no U18 championships in his draft year. If there had been, he would have dominated.

I think we had just two academy matches against GWS and the local Sydney competition. I remember watching the low quality streams of the academy games against GWS. Gulden was everywhere picking up possessions with his workrate and had clean hands in wet conditions.

Every other club had a chance to bid on Gulden earlier but didn’t, and most clubs had two opportunities. If Gulden went below market value, then the only things other clubs need to look at is a mirror.
I'm being pedantic but not every other club, Carlton, Richmond and WC didn't.

Richmond under/over 8.5 national draftees this year?

I honestly can't even figure out where their land would start

Around 8, but won't be more, asking for trouble turning half the best 22 in a year. They will look to bundle picks especially with GC who have the Lombard bid coming

Around 8, but won't be more, asking for trouble turning half the best 22 in a year. They will look to bundle picks especially with GC who have the Lombard bid coming
Yes they will bundle picks but they are also going to get Picks from Bolton, Baker and Rioli who i reckon are all higher probability of leaving than staying so it could be a mass exodus. So i wouldn't be surprised honestly if they had 8 selections all within the top 40

Yes they will bundle picks but they are also going to get Picks from Bolton, Baker and Rioli who i reckon are all higher probability of leaving than staying so it could be a mass exodus. So i wouldn't be surprised honestly if they had 8 selections all within the top 40

They won’t take all those this year will spread it over 2-3 years. Baker isn’t worth more than a second anyway,

Taranto's manager should be feeling nervous, hardly had his clients best interests at the forefront on that deal.

I can't see a way they are not drafting 7 or 8 players.... and needing them to play next year. Good draft for it though

TBH all the chatter about players I don't care about flitting between clubs I don't care about doesn't excite me a whole lot.
I can only imagine us trading out 3 players at very most and probably not even them.
Parker I really hope not.
Sheldrick I really hope not.
Ladhams I don't mind either way.
Noah Balta would be a great pick up but probably zero likelihood. Can't see anyone else.
Even the draft isn't super exciting.
Have to concentrate on the here and now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH all the chatter about players I don't care about flitting between clubs I don't care about doesn't excite me a whole lot.
I can only imagine us trading out 3 players at very most and probably not even them.
Parker I really hope not.
Sheldrick I really hope not.
Ladhams I don't mind either way.
Noah Balta would be a great pick up but probably zero likelihood. Can't see anyone else.
Even the draft isn't super exciting.
Have to concentrate on the here and now.

Parker you gotta keep in mind the guy will be 32 and this will be his last contract will be a club legend regardless.
Sheldrick from his POV who could blame him if he left? in his mind he is way behind names such as C.Warner/Cleary/Mitchell
Ladlams you gotta have some support from Grundy if he goes down?? back to Amartey/McLean :grin:
Balta will be super obviously probably 1% of happening

Any interest in Owies? He's had a pretty good season.
I'd prefer we just use any vacant list spots on the existing out of contract players, than signing fringe players from other teams.

If we have a list spot for a fringe small forward from another team, I would rather we re-signed Konstanty.

That said, I do think someone is going to get a bargain with Riley Garcia.

Any interest in Owies? He's had a pretty good season.

Please no. Just no and don’t think of it again there’s a reason Carlton want a good small forward and have turned Williams into one

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back