Votes: 2 6.3%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Be interesting to see where trac ends up

Won’t go anywhere no club has near the currency and he’s not out of contract. No club with a top 4 pick will trade it. Let’s look at them Richmond no chance will take the best kid in the land, North he won’t go there for starters, West Voast he isn’t leaving Melbourne, Crows no chance whatsoever.

WB have to deal with the Cats...enjoy. The same club that was hassling over some pick in the 80's last year in the ratagolea trade

Bulldogs should drive a hard bargain.

I reckon Mitchell is the kind of coach that would take Smith in the preseason draft even if he wanted to go to Geelong.

Although there is a chance Geelong end up with a pick ahead of Hawthorn now.

Also just want to point out that Sam McClure spends 5 minutes going on about Petracca's story but when questions of the story get asked he just reiterates his points and sorta side swipes the Questions. Also finishes with absolutely sitting on the fence to not ruin his already terrible reputation

Also just want to point out that Sam McClure spends 5 minutes going on about Petracca's story but when questions of the story get asked he just reiterates his points and sorta side swipes the Questions. Also finishes with absolutely sitting on the fence to not ruin his already terrible reputation

McClure had Barrass locked in coming to Sydney last year. Not sure who his sources are other than BigFooty draft threads

Like i believe Petracca wants out but not for all the reasons that McClure states plus problem for him is that its near on impossible to get a deal done because it requires a big name player to agree to go to a dumpster case of a club on top of that a top 10 pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne will hold Petracca to ransom. With the length of his contract left and after losing Brayshaw it would have to be something ridiculous to get a trade. Even more than the three firsts for Cameron , two top five picks and a ready made player as a starting point (no one has that currency to get it done) why would you let one of the top three mids go as a favour to another club ?
Melbourne put out the big long contract to Trac and him and his manager can suck lemons if they think they will trade him for unders. He took on the security of a long term contract and this is always the risk if things change.
Still think that McLure has NFI anyway and he will stay and not push for a trade.

Melbourne will hold Petracca to ransom. With the length of his contract left and after losing Brayshaw it would have to be something ridiculous to get a trade. Even more than the three firsts for Cameron , two top five picks and a ready made player as a starting point (no one has that currency to get it done) why would you let one of the top three mids go as a favour to another club ?
Melbourne put out the big long contract to Trac and him and his manager can suck lemons if they think they will trade him for unders. He took on the security of a long term contract and this is always the risk if things change.
Still think that McLure has NFI anyway and he will stay and not push for a trade.
Whole thing seems like a waste of time.

The one that should be watched is Hawthorn, but I reckon Mitchell is too smart to get involved in trading for a guy like Petracca when you can get players for nothing as free agents.

Whole thing seems like a waste of time.

The one that should be watched is Hawthorn, but I reckon Mitchell is too smart to get involved in trading for a guy like Petracca when you can get players for nothing as free agents.
They are going large on their KPDs by getting both Battle and Barrass to allow Weddle to move more up the ground and allow Sicily to play his true intercepting 3rd tall.

Talking generally (across the league) I'd be wary going near Petracca, based on the trade cost being mooted (multiple first rounders etc) and $s (contracted to the end of 2029).

No doubt a top line player, but 29 in January, coming off a serious injury and who knows what headspace he'd be in.

If you are a contender how do you afford him ($s) and if lower down the ladder you'd have to give away an awful lot of your 'future'.

Risk/reward just seems too high IMO.

Last edited:
Petracca won't be at the demons come their next premiership. Club is well off the boil.

If they can get something good for Petracca now they should go for it.

Getting something good has to be at least 2 times top 5 picks at a minimum. Name a club that has that currency? Even Freo don’t.

Petracca won't be at the demons come their next premiership. Club is well off the boil.

If they can get something good for Petracca now they should go for it.
Trac's trade value is almost impossible to find a suitor without another major star moving ship, and its almost impossible to get a star to think Melbourne is a better place to play at than their current club whilst also Trac believing that said club is better than Melbourne. Then on top of that its gonna cost a top 5 pick and a second or like 2 late FRPs

Trac's trade value is almost impossible to find a suitor without another major star moving ship, and its almost impossible to get a star to think Melbourne is a better place to play at than their current club whilst also Trac believing that said club is better than Melbourne. Then on top of that its gonna cost a top 5 pick and a second or like 2 late FRPs

Think the Judd trade and that’s a minimum. Cost a top 5 pick, Josh Kennedy (former top 5 pick) plus pick 20. That’s the utter minimum. Would cost way more than junk late first rounders

Think the Judd trade and that’s a minimum. Cost a top 5 pick, Josh Kennedy (former top 5 pick) plus pick 20. That’s the utter minimum. Would cost way more than junk late first rounders
Yea tbf its probably hypothetically McKay + Pick 11 + 2 FRPs but how do they get another future FRP, so in essence 2 stars would have to be willing to move out of Carlton (that being McKay plus another to get the FFRP) just to get up to Tracs "value"

Talking generally (across the league) I'd be wary going near Petracca, based on the trade cost being mooted (multiple first rounders etc) and $s (contracted to the end of 2029).

No doubt a top line player, but 29 in January, coming off a serious injury and who knows what headspace he'd be in.

If you are a contender how do you afford him ($s) and if lower down the ladder you'd have to give away an awful lot of your 'future'.

Risk/reward just seems too high IMO.
Agree 💯. I've posted before about the cost of marginal improvement. It would be ridiculously high. Leave him to be unhappy at the Dees or screw up some other club.
And before someone says "Buddy" let me say 12-15k extra members, bums on seats and 3 grand finals plus merch etc. Worth many times what we paid for him.
No way would Petracca yield anywhere near that.

Yea tbf its probably hypothetically McKay + Pick 11 + 2 FRPs but how do they get another future FRP, so in essence 2 stars would have to be willing to move out of Carlton (that being McKay plus another to get the FFRP) just to get up to Tracs "value"

If I were Melbourne I’d be demanding one of those picks in the top 5 wouldn’t be interested in future picks and that’s with McKay too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back