• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that it will happen but imagine Moore for our two first rounders so that Pies can raise capital for Petracca trade? I reckon we would even throw in Francis to sweeten the deal given we're such a generous bunch 😂

Not that it will happen but imagine Moore for our two first rounders so that Pies can raise capital for Petracca trade? I reckon we would even throw in Francis to sweeten the deal given we're such a generous bunch 😂

But we need a defender first type of defender, Moore doesn't do the hard stuff, often enough. We also don't value that type like other clubs do, It's why Aliir became available.

It’s never too early!

What I will say is, we should be getting aggressive at the trade table and try to get in to top 6 territory. Sam Lalor is going to be something special. Harvey Langford the back-up option

Next year might be a full year of academy picks, so we won't get positional choices, we have to project and fill positional gaps now.

If we hold, hopefully one or both of Travaglia and Shanahan from Bendigo fall through to us. I like Tauru as a developing defender - late birth date too. Berry has the footskills and flexibility to be something at the next level. I wouldn't want to steal anyone's thunder... but there are a couple of decent looking Claremont options

Anyway, enough from me.

Perhaps an odd opinion, but I have no idea why Melbourne would trade Trac out... he has a long term contract, he stays and plays.

I get that it was a horrific injury, but no-one forced him to go back out there, he chose to do so... and that's on him and not the club or their doctors. A ruptured spleen is the most common reasons they make you stay the night in hospital after car accidents and falls, it's not always immediately detectable. Football is a contact sport with high risk of injury... Every time anyone flies for a hanger or goes in low to tackle, they risk spinal chord injury resulting in paraplegia, quadriplegia, etc. and rupturing their spleen... but it's still a very rare occurrence.

The whole idea that you can have a long term contract and then say, 'nah, I don wanna' is just wrong in my view. There are no circumstances where I want a person who does this to come to our club.

Perhaps an odd opinion, but I have no idea why Melbourne would trade Trac out... he has a long term contract, he stays and plays.

I get that it was a horrific injury, but no-one forced him to go back out there, he chose to do so... and that's on him and not the club or their doctors. A ruptured spleen is the most common reasons they make you stay the night in hospital after car accidents and falls, it's not always immediately detectable. Football is a contact sport with high risk of injury... Every time anyone flies for a hanger or goes in low to tackle, they risk spinal chord injury resulting in paraplegia, quadriplegia, etc. and rupturing their spleen... but it's still a very rare occurrence.

The whole idea that you can have a long term contract and then say, 'nah, I don wanna' is just wrong in my view. There are no circumstances where I want a person who does this to come to our club.
I get that he was traumatized and disappointed in the club's response (probably specifically Goodwin) but this is the second time Melbourne have played out big drama in the public eye. They really needed to sit down with Trac and talk things through before it got to this but it seems no-one had the EQ to do it.

What I will say is, we should be getting aggressive at the trade table and try to get in to top 6 territory. Sam Lalor is going to be something special. Harvey Langford the back-up option

Next year might be a full year of academy picks, so we won't get positional choices, we have to project and fill positional gaps now.

If we hold, hopefully one or both of Travaglia and Shanahan from Bendigo fall through to us. I like Tauru as a developing defender - late birth date too. Berry has the footskills and flexibility to be something at the next level. I wouldn't want to steal anyone's thunder... but there are a couple of decent looking Claremont options

Anyway, enough from me.
"Decent" Claremont options?

My good sir (or madam) - the Claremont options are always better than "decent"!

Anyway, enough from me.
Your middle para is very important. No idea about individual players yet but looking ahead to 2025 and 2026 is very important as we have some good kids coming through.

It will be interesting to see how our club really rates our developing key backs, specifically Edwards and Snell. Melican has thankfully been outstanding but McCartin has plateaued IMO so we really still do need some players coming through.

It will be interesting to see how our club really rates our developing key backs, specifically Edwards and Snell. Melican has thankfully been outstanding but McCartin has plateaued IMO so we really still do need some players coming through.
Had to comment lol McCartin has plateaued , HERE WE GO

1. why keep someone who can be quite destabilising and whose family can be quite destabilisng to the club
2. why not cash in on whatever value he has now
3. why not use the cash it saves on other up and coming players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to comment lol McCartin has plateaued , HERE WE GO

You really can be a bully. Probably the reason you’ve never been asked to mod.

I think he has plateaued. His defensive efforts are still good but he’s nowhere near the top fullbacks in the game. His disposal is often horrendous. I think he has had an average year especially after the Callum Brown concussion.

I think he has plateaued. His defensive efforts are still good but he’s nowhere near the top fullbacks in the game. His disposal is often horrendous. I think he has had an average year especially after the Callum Brown concussion.
It’s a fair call to say that this year has mirrored last year. Statistically anyway there hasn’t been a great change. Slightly down on contested marks and possessions. Still been a good player this year.

Agree he is probably one of the weaker kicks by foot in the team.

James Van Es delisted by the Saints; 196cm (101kg) key defender

Although his year was a write-off with an ankle injury, he's only 20...

Also was a Swans supporter!
Maybe he could follow in the footsteps of that other James that grew up supporting the greatest team in the world and has blossomed since he got to play where his heart was.

Not that I have any idea who James Van Es is or even if he can actually play 😂

Maybe he could follow in the footsteps of that other James that grew up supporting the greatest team in the world and has blossomed since he got to play where his heart was.

Not that I have any idea who James Van Es is or even if he can actually play 😂
Here's his draft year profile:

"has the ability to assume either a key post or intercepting role, with his impressive leap – the best at his year’s draft combine – and sturdy hands and frame holding him in good stead."

James Van Es delisted by the Saints; 196cm (101kg) key defender

Although his year was a write-off with an ankle injury, he's only 20...

Also was a Swans supporter!
Delisted players always concern me. If he's any good, he doesn't get delisted. Plus they're about to lose Battle so stands to reason you'd want to keep your up and coming KPD talent unless there's underlying issues. His ankle is probably stuffed.

1. why keep someone who can be quite destabilising and whose family can be quite destabilisng to the club
2. why not cash in on whatever value he has now
3. why not use the cash it saves on other up and coming players
Because then Trac gets to dictate the circumstances after having committed to a club for the long term. He signed a contract, he needs to build a bridge, a tunnel or a bi-pass and get over, under or around it!

The clubs keep allowing these long term contracts to be broken, and that has created this whole contract fiasco...

If he doesn't live up to his contract (i.e. indulges in de-stabilising behaviour) then sue his arse!

How's that being a bully , he's 24 , really can't believe this on 2 fronts. I think Errol has stagnated
Never asked to mod , how is that relevant !

It’s a fair call to say that this year has mirrored last year. Statistically anyway there hasn’t been a great change. Slightly down on contested marks and possessions. Still been a good player this year.

Agree he is probably one of the weaker kicks by foot in the team.
Where else can he kick it , sorry Olian

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back