• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Because then Trac gets to dictate the circumstances after having committed to a club for the long term. He signed a contract, he needs to build a bridge, a tunnel or a bi-pass and get over, under or around it!

The clubs keep allowing these long term contracts to be broken, and that has created this whole contract fiasco...

If he doesn't live up to his contract (i.e. indulges in de-stabilising behaviour) then sue his arse!
I largely agree. Apart from the last sentence.

If a good player wants to break a contract (that THEY signed), it’s become oh-so-easy.

The old “I want to be close to family” story never seems to be an issue when they sign on for mega-money.

We did the right thing with Papley. It took a bit of courage - and I’m still to this day grateful the club showed some backbone. I’m amazed more clubs don’t follow suit.

I largely agree. Apart from the last sentence.

If a good player wants to break a contract (that THEY signed), it’s become oh-so-easy.

The old “I want to be close to family” story never seems to be an issue when they sign on for mega-money.

We did the right thing with Papley. It took a bit of courage - and I’m still to this day grateful the club showed some backbone. I’m amazed more clubs don’t follow suit.
But very importantly the club LISTENED to Papley and worked with him to ameliorate the issues that had him wanting to go home. If I recall it was connected to his Dad's mental health and his and his now wife's long distance relationship. Maybe other stuff too. But the sense I got was of the club working with him. Makes a huge difference.

But very importantly the club LISTENED to Papley and worked with him to ameliorate the issues that had him wanting to go home. If I recall it was connected to his Dad's mental health and his and his now wife's long distance relationship. Maybe other stuff too. But the sense I got was of the club working with him. Makes a huge difference.
You might be spot-on. But regardless, he still asked to go & we held him to his contract.

I don’t think many clubs would have had the courage to do so.

Because then Trac gets to dictate the circumstances after having committed to a club for the long term. He signed a contract, he needs to build a bridge, a tunnel or a bi-pass and get over, under or around it!

The clubs keep allowing these long term contracts to be broken, and that has created this whole contract fiasco...

If he doesn't live up to his contract (i.e. indulges in de-stabilising behaviour) then sue his arse!

I have sympathy in this circumstance , the club basically left Trac out to dry.

Interesting Maynard basically ended Brayshaw career and now Moore with his bullshit kneeing may end Trac as a Demon.

Barass doing weird backflips for such a bad back
Hickey pulled quite an interesting face when he alluded to the Swans trying to get Barass. It seemed like there was a backstory story there and a fair amount of exasperation. For Barass to then come out and say he was also loyal to West Coast, and then flip to Hawthorn less than 12 months later, really makes me question the bloke’s integrity.

Last edited:
Hickey pulled quite an interesting face when he alluded to the Swans trying to get Barass. It seemed like there was a backstory story there and a fair amount of exasperation. For Barass to then come out and say he was also loyal to Hawthorn, and then flip to Hawthorn less than 12 months later, really makes me question the bloke’s integrity.
I'd take note of Hickey. Straight shooter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should just tell them he only wants to play with his brother.
If Stewart can say he'll only play for Geelong I don't see why McCartin cannot say that about Sydney.

Reading the article on him there is a lot of clubs watching him - and that was before he played in the VFL

SYDNEY

Draft picks:
18, 19, 56

List chasm: There’s no glaring list chasms for the minor premiers, which should come as a surprise to absolutely no one. Lewis Melican has stepped into the void left by Paddy McCartin extremely well, but with Dane Rampe getting on, is it time they invest in another key defender? Should one of Tom McCartin or Melican go down, they’d be playing with fire.

Ideal draft prospects: A player the Swans should look at is Dandenong Stingrays tall Noah Mraz. Mraz is somewhat of a wildcard this year given he’s missed a significant chunk of the year through a navicular injury, but when he has been on the park, he’s shown tremendous potential. The 198cm Stingray is strong both in the air and at ground level and recruiters love his competitive mindset. Elsewhere, Gippsland Power high-flyer Alixzander Tauru could be the heir to Rampe, while Murray Bushrangers star Matt Whitlock has shifted to defence in recent weeks and showed plenty of promise.

SYDNEY

Draft picks:
18, 19, 56

List chasm: There’s no glaring list chasms for the minor premiers, which should come as a surprise to absolutely no one. Lewis Melican has stepped into the void left by Paddy McCartin extremely well, but with Dane Rampe getting on, is it time they invest in another key defender? Should one of Tom McCartin or Melican go down, they’d be playing with fire.

Ideal draft prospects: A player the Swans should look at is Dandenong Stingrays tall Noah Mraz. Mraz is somewhat of a wildcard this year given he’s missed a significant chunk of the year through a navicular injury, but when he has been on the park, he’s shown tremendous potential. The 198cm Stingray is strong both in the air and at ground level and recruiters love his competitive mindset. Elsewhere, Gippsland Power high-flyer Alixzander Tauru could be the heir to Rampe, while Murray Bushrangers star Matt Whitlock has shifted to defence in recent weeks and showed plenty of promise.

I like the sound of Mraz - swans like a competitive mindset and he is tall.

We could call him Mrazzmatazz.

Adam Tomlinson. FA key defender. Can't get a game at Dee's and looking to leave. Is 31 but could be an option.

SYDNEY

Draft picks:
18, 19, 56

These guys have no idea what's in the pipeline. What are Francis, Hamling, Arnold, Edwards and Snell? Arguably they may not, or not yet, be premiership quality, but at least two of them have that potential at this stage.
At the other end of the ground we have just ONE backup recovering from surgery.
Seems a slightly larger chasm to my eye!

You might be spot-on. But regardless, he still asked to go & we held him to his contract.

I don’t think many clubs would have had the courage to do so.
Going off the media reports, the only thing that stopped us giving Papley to Carlton was Dodoro.

I am going to miss that guy.

Last edited:
These guys have no idea what's in the pipeline. What are Francis, Hamling, Arnold, Edwards and Snell? Arguably they may not, or not yet, be premiership quality, but at least two of them have that potential at this stage.
At the other end of the ground we have just ONE backup recovering from surgery.
Seems a slightly larger chasm to my eye!
Francis - VFL/depth at best, not a full time option IMO
Hamling - now a forward, and only has one year left
Arnold, Edwards, Snell - promising but still developing; Arnold recovering from back injury, Edwards now recovering after his 2nd leg injury of the year

Is Jon Ralph on the payroll at Richmond or does he just work in a volunteer capacity?

His tireless efforts to pump up the value of Richmond players are epic.

Now he has Richmond getting 6 and 20 for Rioli and some late pick junk.
According to most Richmond fans. Thats under.

They're pretty sensitive about it as well.

Francis - VFL/depth at best, not a full time option IMO
Hamling - now a forward, and only has one year left
Arnold, Edwards, Snell - promising but still developing; Arnold recovering from back injury, Edwards now recovering after his 2nd leg injury of the year
I personally just don't see us having 7-8 KPDs on our list next year
Melican McCartin Rampe Edwards Snell Cochran

And thats with Hamling acting fully as a forward and Arnold and Francis being delisted. On top of that Blakey "can" play limited time as a tall. Also Miraz has massively fallen down draft boards from what i remember and is probably the 4-5th best KPD in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back