• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not excusing what he did, and I certainly don't consider a 22 year old "just a kid", BUT...

Have there been any issues since his move to Essendon apart from admittedly being a bit of a turnip in general?

There's a bloke down the road who just won a Coleman and seems to have become a model citizen after his fair share of issues in his younger days.
What has Hogan done? He was on a bit of a downhill spiral after he was diagnosed with cancer but I don't remember him being in any legal trouble or doing half the crap Stringer did

What has Hogan done? He was on a bit of a downhill spiral after he was diagnosed with cancer but I don't remember him being in any legal trouble or doing half the crap Stringer did
No you're right, and as it was pointed out to me, what he did was self inflicted i.e. getting on the piss during the season etc as opposed to Stringer cheating and potentially bullying Boyd.

Was a poor comparison by me, however also still don't necessarily think Stringer should be completely written off for acting like an arseh*le in his early 20's.

Each year, Twomey's phantom draft does seem to be a bit Vic / SA & academy focussed in the initial iterations, before some more WA kids enter late in the season. It suggests to me that Twomey has limited connections into the WAFL clubs & hence not a lot of insight.

Agree that there is limited vision which can lead to some steals come draft time, especially in the late first/second round. Could be also due to "go home factor" too.

Based on the number of 18 year olds getting an opportunity to play WAFL seniors (not many), it looks likely to be a fairly shallow WA draft this year.

But earlier in the season, some media types were stating a possibility that no WA draftees would be selected this year. Which was absolutely absurd.

Each year, Twomey's phantom draft does seem to be a bit Vic / SA & academy focussed in the initial iterations, before some more WA kids enter late in the season. It suggests to me that Twomey has limited connections into the WAFL clubs & hence not a lot of insight.
True of all of them. They're only as good as their sources. Twomey is good for the top end Vic talent but less so outside that. Then their judgement of what they see and hear and what it means for a kid's immediate value and ceiling. It's all pretty rubbery except at the very top and even then (think Stephens, DGB, Phillips and even Campbell) it may not work out as hoped.
Doing well amongst the men (Matt Roberts, Gulden) should be an indication.

True of all of them. They're only as good as their sources. Twomey is good for the top end Vic talent but less so outside that. Then their judgement of what they see and hear and what it means for a kid's immediate value and ceiling. It's all pretty rubbery except at the very top and even then (think Stephens, DGB, Phillips and even Campbell) it may not work out as hoped.
Doing well amongst the men (Matt Roberts, Gulden) should be an indication.
I doubt that people like Twomey have any idea of how to judge a potential player because if they did they would be on the recruiting payroll for a club. They simply go to their sources at each club and ask where they think each player will go in the draft and then compile a list from that.

I doubt that people like Twomey have any idea of how to judge a potential player because if they did they would be on the recruiting payroll for a club. They simply go to their sources at each club and ask where they think each player will go in the draft and then compile a list from that.
"They're only as good as their sources"

We used our number 1 pick on a ruck last year.

just making the general comment that grundy is the most likely key player to finish up next, so replacing him will be an issue
but we drafted will green, yes? he has looked pretty good in what i've seen of him in seconds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just making the general comment that grundy is the most likely key player to finish up next, so replacing him will be an issue
but we drafted will green, yes? he has looked pretty good in what i've seen of him in seconds
He's had some nice moments. Played back and forward as well as some short stints in the ruck. I think next year will be a big year for his development, especially if one of McAndrew or Ladhams are no longer on our list.

Had a look at the WA prospect and a one two combo of Davis and Gerreyn wouldn't be too bad.
I’ve seen Gerryn once.

Certainly has the height, power and athleticism to potentially become a very good AFL player. Thilthorpe springs to mind as a comparison.

But based on my (admittedly limited) observation - Davis is the one I’d most love to see on our list.

Beatson has said this in the past. Twomey has good sources but doesn't understand it himself. Just bases his ranks off what he hears

The highlights from the weekend looked very good. Medium size, can play mid. Certainly fills an area of weakness on our list.

You won't be seeing him (Davis) in the colts.

Last time he played colts was 2 months ago - had 40 disposals & ripped the game apart.

He's spent the past couple of months in the Claremont seniors ... and for an 18 year old to be BOG in a WAFL final is pretty special.
His goal kicking routine and ball drop looks Andrew Dunkley'ish!!!!

I’ve seen Gerryn once.

Certainly has the height, power and athleticism to potentially become a very good AFL player. Thilthorpe springs to mind as a comparison.

But based on my (admittedly limited) observation - Davis is the one I’d most love to see on our list.

Que los nos dos?

But yes, Thilthorpe would be the best comparison. Also chops out in the ruck for the look.

Had two games in seniors. Was not hugely prolific but seemed to get the pace a bit more in his second outing

Just watching Midweek Tackle, and one of the journos Josh Barnes said he caught up with the Warner parents at the All Australian, and they were talking up Troy the youngest of the brothers (2027 draft)
Been massive wraps on the youngster Troy. Think Chad may have mentioned to keep an eye out for him and that he could the best of the bros.

Dynasty comes to mind !

Family should stick together - always.

Friendly and free life advice from JHWF, even when you never asked.

Been massive wraps on the youngster Troy. Think Chad may have mentioned to keep an eye out for him and that he could the best of the bros.

Dynasty comes to mind !

Family should stick together - always.

Friendly and free life advice from JHWF, even when you never asked.
I’m holding fire on any hype - as there were huge wraps on Ashton too, but he’s fallen way off the draft radar this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back