• KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is from The Age’s trade period preview:

Sydney​

This could be a much quieter trade period for the Swans than recent editions, barring a surprise late move. Former co-captain Luke Parker has had a challenging season for someone of his standing, but has settled into a forward-midfield role. Parker, who is originally from Melbourne, has another year on his contrast and must decide whether he wants to be a one-club player or look for more certainty and greater opportunities elsewhere.

Harry Arnold, Jack Buller, Harry Cunningham, Aaron Francis, Tom Hanily, Jacob Konstanty, Jaiden Magor, Lachie McAndrew, Caleb Mitchell and Cooper Vickery are unsigned. – Marc McGowan

This is from The Age’s trade period preview:

Sydney​

This could be a much quieter trade period for the Swans than recent editions, barring a surprise late move. Former co-captain Luke Parker has had a challenging season for someone of his standing, but has settled into a forward-midfield role. Parker, who is originally from Melbourne, has another year on his contrast and must decide whether he wants to be a one-club player or look for more certainty and greater opportunities elsewhere.

Harry Arnold, Jack Buller, Harry Cunningham, Aaron Francis, Tom Hanily, Jacob Konstanty, Jaiden Magor, Lachie McAndrew, Caleb Mitchell and Cooper Vickery are unsigned. – Marc McGowan

Guess they didn't listen to KB saying Buller was signed on until 2025, even though it is over most of the contract list sites as 2025 being his final year.

From the HSun Code draft guide

One option could be to package the two picks up to shift higher up the draft order, but usually the Swans back their recruiting team to find some gems.

Defence is probably the one position where John Longmire could use some extra depth

Noah Mraz looms as a good option should Sydney keep their picks. He was sidelined with a foot injury for much of the year, but at 198cm the Dandenong product was mooted as a first-round prospect earlier in the season. Alix Tauru is another who racks up intercept possessions for fun, while Matt Whitlock is a utility tall who has proven he can play at either end of the ground.

There isn’t a standout Academy product for the Swans like Caiden Cleary last year. Lachlan Carmichael and Nicholas Andreacchio are the two that stood out most in the under-18 national championships, but Carmichael is another year away from being draft-eligible.

Noah Mraz looms as a good option should Sydney keep their picks. He was sidelined with a foot injury for much of the year, but at 198cm the Dandenong product was mooted as a first-round prospect earlier in the season.
Just read a couple of articles about him.

Even though his foot was sore he had carried his injury through pre-season, two Coates league and two AFL Academy games before a scan revealed a navicular stress fracture.

Good mindset;
“I am pretty skinny, so it gives me a good chance to work on a deficiency I have – get stronger, put on a bit of size.

“I will fall away in some people’s minds but I am controlling what I can control every day in the gym and with my mindset.

“I had this mindset that I didn’t want anyone to work harder than me. When I got the injury I thought I couldn’t work harder than anyone anymore, but I still have that mindset and I feel positive about it.

“I am pretty competitive, I want to be the best, even though they are my teammates, I still want to work harder than everyone.”
As well as focusing on his size, Mraz is becoming “a student of the game” by watching tape and viewing Stingrays’ games from the coaches’ box.

Strengths;
Mraz views flying for marks as his greatest strength.

(Stingrays coach) sees that too but thinks he’s underrated elsewhere as well.

“I think his body positioning is very good,” he said.

“He never really gets caught out of position and his closing speed is good too, so he’s underrated in that area.”

Interestingly The Swans’ recruiting team visited him the day after the diagnosis, and he was “pretty flustered” and struggled to speak while coming to terms with the injury blow. However, both Sydney and the Giants assured Mraz he was still on track to be drafted.

Played for the AFL Academy so highly thought of leading into the season.
Navicular fractures can be career ending (eg Mathew Egan, Trent Croad ?), but most make it back (eg James Hird, Jesse Hogan).

Prior to his season being wiped out we were 1 of only 4 clubs (alongside GWS, North &St Kilda) to speak to him, so obviously on our radar to some degree.

Interesting prospect.

Last edited:
Seriously, would he even been in the top 20 defenders in the competition? I'd barely heard of him before he became a free agent.

No worse than McKay who is on how much again for Essendon lol! At least one of them has played a final

Him and heeney rotating

i don’t get caught up in ti much off feild crap

Makes us dangerous af up front and better so yep

I agree and he’s an AA talent when fit and not playing 5 pound overweight. If we can flip say pick 19 for Stringer (this becomes 25 ish anyway with the academy and F/S matching anyway) I am doing this trade straight away.

I wonder if the swans are looking to get another pic in the 30s

Maybe possible if Ladhams or Wicks or Parker leave

There is gonna be some gems in the 20s and 30s

Very interesting draft for the swans

Langford Hynes Bo Allan are very interesting possibilities

So Christian M

Then you have several key position player who have the potential to be within our picks

Just read a couple of articles about him.

Even though his foot was sore he had carried his injury through pre-season, two Coates league and two AFL Academy games before a scan revealed a navicular stress fracture.

Good mindset;
“I am pretty skinny, so it gives me a good chance to work on a deficiency I have – get stronger, put on a bit of size.

“I will fall away in some people’s minds but I am controlling what I can control every day in the gym and with my mindset.

“I had this mindset that I didn’t want anyone to work harder than me. When I got the injury I thought I couldn’t work harder than anyone anymore, but I still have that mindset and I feel positive about it.

“I am pretty competitive, I want to be the best, even though they are my teammates, I still want to work harder than everyone.”
As well as focusing on his size, Mraz is becoming “a student of the game” by watching tape and viewing Stingrays’ games from the coaches’ box.

Strengths;
Mraz views flying for marks as his greatest strength.

(Stingrays coach) sees that too but thinks he’s underrated elsewhere as well.

“I think his body positioning is very good,” he said.

“He never really gets caught out of position and his closing speed is good too, so he’s underrated in that area.”

Interestingly The Swans’ recruiting team visited him the day after the diagnosis, and he was “pretty flustered” and struggled to speak while coming to terms with the injury blow. However, both Sydney and the Giants assured Mraz he was still on track to be drafted.

Played for the AFL Academy so highly thought of leading into the season.
Navicular fractures can be career ending (eg Mathew Egan, Trent Croad ?), but most make it back (eg James Hird, Jesse Hogan).

Prior to his season being wiped out we were 1 of only 4 clubs (alongside GWS, North &St Kilda) to speak to him, so obviously on our radar to some degree.

Interesting prospect.

The other in the article interests me more - Alix Tauru. 194cm now and a December birthday

Can't get a good read on the Whitlock boys, but I think Matt has the bigger potential of the 2.

Nice to hear we made contact with Mraz immediately after his injury. Just shows the quality of our team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It ain't just 5 pounds and won't cost that much either. I still wouldn't trade him in

I would and it’s purely and simply these players win premierships. You recon Hawthorn cared about Brian Lake before he joined them?

If it’s for a late first/early second go for it maybe get a third back our way helping with the matching

I would and it’s purely and simply these players win premierships. You recon Hawthorn cared about Brian Lake before he joined them?

If it’s for a late first/early second go for it maybe get a third back our way helping with the matching

If he goes it will be for a junk pick, nobody is handing over a mate first/early second for him.

Bombers are pushing him out the door

That’s why it’s such a great opportunity

You wait and see how the season pans out regarding Stringer. But if its only a late pick, which it should be, it might be too good to pass up.

I agree and he’s an AA talent when fit and not playing 5 pound overweight. If we can flip say pick 19 for Stringer (this becomes 25 ish anyway with the academy and F/S matching anyway) I am doing this trade straight away.

Why on earth would we give up a pick in the first round for him? It'll be a 3rd/4th round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back