• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah in which case I assume he'd have to sign before next season starts?
Not sure. But I don't see any reason why it couldn't be renegotiated quickly, they've had all year to discuss it. The contract could be sitting there already, waiting for the cash to be freed up so it can be signed asap. Anyway, it's all hypothetical and I, like most others, have no idea what's really going on.

I'm thinking more and more Parker is the sacrifice we're willing to make to give Chad his pay day. If thats the case, we'll take whatever a can get for him imo.

That doesn't make any sense to me unless there's some way to increase the amount of Chads existing contract as part of an extension if he signed it this off season.

Even if that is possible and I have no idea bit of a shame the cap is tight enough to redo existing deals to keep players .

Hypocritical of me as I have been crucial of Parker against the better sides this year (mostly as a midfielder ) But I just think surely in 2025 at the Swans He has at least the same role as this year to play, who knows a decent pre season and no early injury he might get back to full time midfield if he pushes hard etc. So who says next year is his last with us. Plus in 2026 I am sure he could get a deal elsewhere anyway .

Oh well out of our hands, just feel like it's always North🤣 Seems a risk for him, the way they manage players.

Been a better player than Hambling , be a good person to have at the club but it won't happen . At his best twice as good as Amartey , but injuries have stifled a promising career .
Disclaimer i know him lol

Amartey could be twice as good if he wasn't always injured

That doesn't make any sense to me unless there's some way to increase the amount of Chads existing contract as part of an extension if he signed it this off season.

Even if that is possible and I have no idea bit of a shame the cap is tight enough to redo existing deals to keep players .

Hypocritical of me as I have been crucial of Parker against the better sides this year (mostly as a midfielder ) But I just think surely in 2025 at the Swans He has at least the same role as this year to play, who knows a decent pre season and no early injury he might get back to full time midfield if he pushes hard etc. So who says next year is his last with us. Plus in 2026 I am sure he could get a deal elsewhere anyway .

Oh well out of our hands, just feel like it's always North🤣 Seems a risk for him, the way they manage players.
Cunningham 2022 comes to mind. I thought he was done, couldn't get a game. Has been crucial for us this year.

So basically exactly what I said. 😅

Norf currently have #2, 22, 40, 58.

We're not getting their first...but we can try lol

They have us 19 for Stephens so anything is possible

Think a F2 is possible

They have us 19 for Stephens so anything is possible

Think a F2 is possible
I can't see us digging our heels in for anything more than ~40 tbh. If he wants to go, I doubt we'll stand in his way and North will know that.

Plus, though I'd prefer for Parker to remain a one club player, there's every chance youngsters like Sheldrick, Cleary, Corey Warner or Mitchell overtake him next year. $700k would be too much to pay for any fringe player that isn't a champion of the club. As much as it makes me uncomfortable, I think it just makes too much sense for all parties if Parker does want out.

I can't see us digging our heels in for anything more than ~40 tbh. If he wants to go, I doubt we'll stand in his way and North will know that.

Plus, though I'd prefer for Parker to remain a one club player, there's every chance youngsters like Sheldrick, Cleary, Corey Warner or Mitchell overtake him next year. $700k would be too much to pay for any fringe player that isn't a champion of the club. As much as it makes me uncomfortable, I think it just makes too much sense for all parties if Parker does want out.
We got Adams for pick 35 so about pick 40 seems fair enough for Parker.

I thought 4 years was one year too long when Parker last re-signed, and he drove a very hard bargain to get that. I guess the upside is that the Swans now get a pick in return for Parker going someplace else. If his contract was up, I am sure we would have offered him less money.

So I guess everyone wins in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got Adams for pick 35 so about pick 40 seems fair enough for Parker.

I thought 4 years was one year too long when Parker last re-signed, and he drove a very hard bargain to get that. I guess the upside is that the Swans now get a pick in return for Parker going someplace else. If his contract was up, I am sure we would have offered him less money.

So I guess everyone wins in the end.
I think 40 is spot on for both teams

They gave us 19 for Stephens because the AFL gave it to them for the specific purpose of trading.

Sure don’t think a F2 is asking too much anyway think they improve heaps next year.

Could be a future 2 as you said or something like #22 for Parker and a F3, equates parker to roughly pick 31 which seems maybe overvaluing him.

Yep something like that 22 seems high and 40 seems horrid unders. Somewhere in between or a future 2 with some minor swaps

He's done more than McDonald or McLean. Not sure why he's the one with crosshairs on him (not that I'm suggesting either of our keys should be on notice)

I’m really interested in how Amartey is perceived. I find a lot of Swans fans and commentators to be really hyper-critical about Amartey. Coming into the year if you told any of us he’d have kicked 40 goals after 23 games we’d have been unanimously positive about it. Hell, even if you eliminate the 9 goals he kicked against Adelaide as if it never happened and said he kicked 31 from 22, I’d have said that’s a positive year from him.

A lot of us seem to have this expectation that he isn’t living up to his potential or he could be something more, if only. If only he were fitter or less iniury prone or whatever. I think he’s absolutely getting the most out of his ability personally. He was a fairly deep rookie pick and hadn’t played a hell of a lot of football prior to being drafted. He’s not the most talented forward despite having a good athletic profile and yet he has improved his consistency markedly and is now a full game tall forward in a good side. He chases and tackles hard and contests in the air strongly. He throws his body around and shows courage in the air pretty regularly. He also has managed to pop up in critical times to kick goals or influence contests for us. He gets outmatched now and then and will never be a star, but he does absolutely enough to warrant his position imo.

I have a belief that part of the reason that he and Mabior Chol attract so much attention and what I believe is undue criticism as if they should be more despite their abilities being just mid-level is because of their distinctness from the other players around them due to their skin colour. They stand out and people assume they should be better players than they are because they’re “athletic”. I think those two players get really harshly ridden by fans in the stands - you only have to hear the kind of groans and comments that get let out when he goes near a ball and doesn’t take the mark around where I sit in the OReilly to hear how people for some reason seem to expect him to be a top flight forward when he’s just not going to be that. The focus on him over say Logan is pretty stark in the area I sit in despite Logan being a top five pick. I don’t think Logan should be criticised more harshly but I find it an interesting comparison. Amartey does his job and he’s doing it increasingly reliably to me. I’d absolutely take an upgrade if we could get it but that goes for anyone - if we could get an upgrade easily over any player I’d be for it but the league doesn’t work that way. He isn’t expensive and he kicked 40 for the year whilst improving his play. I don’t see how anyone could be negative about his year. He won’t be why we don’t win a premiership and I hope he gets to be part of one for us because he deserves to be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back