• KPF/Defender

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Coates League prelims are on today from 12pm

I'll be going to watch HA Lk and AT from Dragons mate , Harry might go top 10
And it's at 11 at Moorabbin

Coates League prelims are on today from 11AM - sorry!

Kennedy 27 disposals and 8 marks , he's a gun , Armstrong held to 1 goal
Another GF for Dragons

Mitch Cleary mentioned on SEN there are 1-2 teams max interested in Stringer and Collingwood isn't one of them.

I would love it for North to go after him and just triple down on the veterans. Darling, Parker, Stringer. I don't think the Roos would be interested as they're going after pro's, but at some point they need to start putting a few Ws on the board.
Stringer would be ideal for Norf if he was a good trainer.
That he's apparently not, they'd be mad to go near him for culture reasons and their young players despite possible upside in wins if he stays fit and firing.
Maybe could offer him a deal that matches the Dons but provides incentives to make another $250k a year on a one year + option of one more if he reaches triggers in goals/games played.
Personally (and if they get Darling) they should probably throw money at Dan Houston and he should want to go to a club on the up rather than a couple on the way down that he seems to rank ahead of Norf. They are a really good match I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he probably won't leave Victoria but Young is the one i would be targetting as an upgrade to Francis. Put up a similar stat line to Paddy McCartin in 2022

You think Francis is bad and want Lewis Young? Ask a Carlton fan and they’d say “we will pay you to take the bloke”

You think Francis is bad and want Lewis Young? Ask a Carlton fan and they’d say “we will pay you to take the bloke”
Lewis Young is a much better player and a much better 1v1 player. He will be a better 4th experienced defender than Francis who is allergic to 1v1s

Lewis Young is a much better player and a much better 1v1 player. He will be a better 4th experienced defender than Francis who is allergic to 1v1s

He is as bad if not worse go on dare you ask Carlton fans what they think of Young! Caleb Marchbank being injured so often and then having to play duds like Young was a massive issue. Would rather try and get Brodie Kemp from them

He is as bad if not worse go on dare you ask Carlton fans what they think of Young! Caleb Marchbank being injured so often and then having to play duds like Young was a massive issue. Would rather try and get Brodie Kemp from them
If Lewis Young is terrible then Francis is u15 level. Young is pretty much better than him in every single category in a poor interrupted season. Young's best is up there with what Paddy McCartin was producing

Why on earth consider trading in players who are not as good as the ones we have already? Or with as big an upside in the case of the younger ones? Madness. Trade to improve or fill an important gap.
Trade in an semi experienced lock down defender rather than having Francis who is better suited to the Blakey role and so is behind Blakey and Mills for that position

If Lewis Young is terrible then Francis is u15 level. Young is pretty much better than him in every single category in a poor interrupted season. Young's best is up there with what Paddy McCartin was producing

Young and Francis are equally as bad so why on earth are we replacing a poor to pedestrian player in Francis with an equally poor one. Does not improve the list one single bit.

Why on earth consider trading in players who are not as good as the ones we have already? Or with as big an upside in the case of the younger ones? Madness. Trade to improve or fill an important gap.
Plenty of names are thrown around but it comes down to a needs basis as spots on a list are at premium.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back