• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else concerned Sheldrick is asking for a trade?
I am.

Currently behind our current mids as well as Parker, Adams and Cleary. I'd be having a very thorough chat with Horse and co and also asking my manager to put some feelers out if I was Gus. Plenty of clubs looking for someone with his skillset.

He will be on before Konstanty

Unfortunately yes you are right. Big fan of Konstanty but it hasn’t worked out sometimes you have to cut your losses, we get a late pick swap could be the best for both sides

Unfortunately yes you are right. Big fan of Konstanty but it hasn’t worked out sometimes you have to cut your losses, we get a late pick swap could be the best for both sides
We don't traditionally hold out for a late pick swap. Likely to get delisted even if there's interest elsewhere

I am.

Currently behind our current mids as well as Parker, Adams and Cleary. I'd be having a very thorough chat with Horse and co and also asking my manager to put some feelers out if I was Gus. Plenty of clubs looking for someone with his skillset.

Think you’ll find Parker won’t play mid now on so that’s not one, Adams won’t be here more than next year. Cleary maybe.

We do need mid depth anyway especially with Adams hardly the most durable

I am.

Pretty much what I've been thinking. Losing Parker would suck but losing Gus on top of it in the same off season would seriously hurt

We don't traditionally hold out for a late pick swap. Likely to get delisted even if there's interest elsewhere

We should with our academy kids- could be just a 3rd or 4th round swap.

Think you’ll find Parker won’t play mid now on so that’s not one, Adams won’t be here more than next year. Cleary maybe.

We do need mid depth anyway especially with Adams hardly the most durable
Adams still has 2 years after this.

If Parker stays, Horse has already shown he likes to shuffle the magnets rather than give Gus a go. He has played Corey Warner and moved one of our outside players in.

Gus has also been unlucky with injuries but I don't think he's really ever had a good run in firsts.

He's been injured half the year and it's hard to break into the top team !

Sure but last year he was poorly treated for mine. Think there’s a bit of truth to it, this year is a bit different with the injuries though agree there. Last year we had the dumb idea of playing him as a small forward (and he wasn’t terrible) and then dropping the bloke when others were a mile worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure any club has ever had a worse return than we have had from our 2022 draft.
6 players taken from the mid season through to the rookie draft and of those 6 we have a total return of 2 games in two years.

I'm not opposed to Stringer coming in. He'd be best 22 and kick goals.

I'd prefer we not grab him because:
-It looks like Parker is on his way out. They play the same role
-We have some youth coming in. Stringer would block someone elses progression
-How big a contract will he take? I'd rather we just spend it on Warner
-Our F50 wasn't as bad as people made out to be. Still highest scoring team in the comp, should see some progression

I'm not opposed to Stringer coming in. He'd be best 22 and kick goals.

I'd prefer we not grab him because:
-It looks like Parker is on his way out. They play the same role
-We have some youth coming in. Stringer would block someone elses progression
-How big a contract will he take? I'd rather we just spend it on Warner
-Our F50 wasn't as bad as people made out to be. Still highest scoring team in the comp, should see some progression
Nothing like Parker in any way , on or off the field ghu

His personal issues are long in the past. He is actually a very humble, mature bloke nowadays according to recent first hand encounters.

And I think his maligned reputation comes down to those past issues and the fact that he's that annoying opposition player people love to hate but would deep down love to have. People think a 40+ goal season wasn't enough, like C'mon the bloke is a gun.
Will kick 50+ goals for the Swans in 2025 if we bring him in.

A few 100 x 100 metre sprints preseason will shed the puppy fat and he will tear it up

This is the big thing for me. It was Amartey, McLean and McDonald's first season as the main trio. None of them have played 100 games and going into this season, neither McDonald or Amartey had even played 50.

People say we're too reliant on our mids kicking goals, but what's to say if you change up the structure that won't result in goals from the midfield drying up?

In theory, we should expect that the forward line becomes more potent next year and we averaged almost 100 points a game this year. The issue is definitely overblown on here.

This is the big thing for me. It was Amartey, McLean and McDonald's first season as the main trio. None of them have played 100 games and going into this season, neither McDonald or Amartey had even played 50.

People say we're too reliant on our mids kicking goals, but what's to say if you change up the structure that won't result in goals from the midfield drying up?

In theory, we should expect that the forward line becomes more potent next year and we averaged almost 100 points a game this year. The issue is definitely overblown on here.
The inexperience in that trio is easily forgotten. There should still be a good amount of growth in all 3 left

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back