• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Has played a team role, good reason Allen when he came back and obviously Waterman had great years. Very underrated year
He is the exact opposite of a “team man”.

Put himself and his views ahead of the club and his teammates during Covid. Jack does what suits Jack.

And I have no idea how you regard his season as underrated.

I agree with bedford - West Coast will want to see him gone.

At least we haven’t been linked.

Be a story if we got both the Whitlock twins One to play KPF and one to play KPD. Seem to be in our range for the two top picks we have...Dunno if they're any good, or just a couple of kids playing school footy that happen to be half decent and taller than most. If they're Dollar Store King twins that's got to be a worry as they've done SFA at AFL level and were ranked much higher. They kind of look like them...

That Dodson kid looks handy as the number one ruck prospect.
Q for those who watched a lot of VFL; Is Green going to be much? (yes it's too early, but what are the early signs?) From the little I saw he looked fairly lost on a footy field which for a first rounder doesn't seem great.

Be a story if we got both the Whitlock twins One to play KPF and one to play KPD. Seem to be in our range for the two top picks we have...Dunno if they're any good, or just a couple of kids playing school footy that happen to be half decent and taller than most. If they're Dollar Store King twins that's got to be a worry as they've done SFA at AFL level and were ranked much higher. They kind of look like them...

That Dodson kid looks handy as the number one ruck prospect.
Q for those who watched a lot of VFL; Is Green going to be much? (yes it's too early, but what are the early signs?) From the little I saw he looked fairly lost on a footy field which for a first rounder doesn't seem great.

Green is a way better talent. Not even close actually. Rucks take time it won’t be till 2026 we see Green anyway maybe a game or two in 2025 but zero rich he’s the modern prototype Ruck.

Won’t be disappointed with one of the Whitlock boys. Think we go elsewhere with the other one

He is the exact opposite of a “team man”.

Put himself and his views ahead of the club and his teammates during Covid. Jack does what suits Jack.

And I have no idea how you regard his season as underrated.

I agree with bedford - West Coast will want to see him gone.

At least we haven’t been linked.

Surely you aren’t holding that against him it’s been years since COVID years and no one really knew a lot, plenty others didn’t get vaccinated too. Not going to hold that against him.

This year he was team first constantly making it easier for the other two. He will help North the way Gunston has helped the Hawks

SWANS EYE HAWKS DEFENDER​

SYDNEY has registered interest in Hawthorn key defender Sam Frost.

The 31-year-old hit a trigger for a one-year extension earlier this season, but West Coast star Tom Barrass and unrestricted free agent Josh Battle have both committed to joining the Hawks in October.

Hawthorn has assured Frost there is a spot for him in Sam Mitchell’s backline in 2025, but there will be a selection squeeze with James Blanck also set to return from a knee reconstruction.

Frost produced a career-best season in 2024 before a stress fracture was discovered in his foot following the elimination final win over the Western Bulldogs.

After starting his career at Greater Western Sydney, where he played 21 games across three seasons, Frost has played 90 games for Hawthorn, following 70 appearances for Melbourne.

Frost turned 31 late last month but has the athleticism and professionalism to play for another few years in the AFL.

Sydney recruited Joel Hamling last October to provide coverage in defence, but the West Australian has been played as a forward in the VFL, with former top-10 pick Aaron Francis the next man in down back when Tom McCartin or Dane Rampe have been injured.

St Kilda is also understood to be interested in Frost to help cover the loss of Battle.
We are just winners at this stuff.
31 years old. Scraps.

We are just winners at this stuff.
31 years old. Scraps.
I've said this to a few people now, but have you ever considered taking a break from football? I don't mean this in a "you're not a fan unless you cheerlead" kinda way, but you genuinely don't seem to get any enjoyment from it.

Twomey's latest Phantom Draft continues to be (in my view) incredibly Vic-centric.

No Kayle Gerreyn, no Hamish Davis in the top 30.

ESPN has them both firmly in the top 30.

I'd be amazed if Twomey hasn't stuffed this one up. There's some good WA talent this year & he seems to not know about it.

You should watch the highlights on Davis if you haven't already. He got the ball but his disposal was woeful

Hawks board hilarious, they think we’ll hand over a first or second round pick for him (we don’t have a second round this year)

Talk about delusional 🤣🤣🤣

Literally nobody on our board legitimately thinks we will get a first round pick for Frost. There is an active discussion as to whether we (as supporters) would accept a second round pick and not having studied the draft order didn't realise Sydney had no second round pick. There were some saying they would want more than a pick in the 40s (where Sydney's second rounder would have been) for Frost given his recent output. Thanks for the visit though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should watch the highlights on Davis if you haven't already. He got the ball but his disposal was woeful
I've done better than that - I've watched full Claremont colts and WAFL games.

This kid is an 18 year old putting in BoG performances against AFL-hardened players in the WAFL. He's fast, agile, tough, very skillful and has a penetrating kick.

No way should you judge based on a few highlights.

Hawks board hilarious, they think we’ll hand over a first or second round pick for him (we don’t have a second round this year)

Talk about delusional 🤣🤣🤣
No one on our board said anything remotely like that, nice try though. 👍

Literally nobody on our board legitimately thinks we will get a first round pick for Frost. There is an active discussion as to whether we (as supporters) would accept a second round pick and not having studied the draft order didn't realise Sydney had no second round pick. There were some saying they would want more than a pick in the 40s (where Sydney's second rounder would have been) for Frost given his recent output. Thanks for the visit though.

A third is more than fair, and that in itself is on the high end, maybe a swap in next year might be a more realistic one. Reality is it is such a minor trade that both clubs IF he even wants to go to Sydney and I don't see the point from his end (who is he honestly taking out of our best defence?) will work something out, two of the fairest clubs to trade with.

A third is more than fair, and that in itself is on the high end, maybe a swap in next year might be a more realistic one. Reality is it is such a minor trade that both clubs IF he even wants to go to Sydney and I don't see the point from his end (who is he honestly taking out of our best defence?) will work something out, two of the fairest clubs to trade with.

If it were to happen I think pick swaps would be the likely outcome - Frost might not have the greatest reputation externally and sure he is almost 32, but he is coming off career best form and was integral in our defence this year. If you guys are targeting him clearly there is a need from your end and he is contracted - so we obviously aren't going to get a first rounder for him but pick 56 clearly wouldn't get it done either as that will be a fairly useless pick once everything gets pushed around with bidding etc. I just find it amusing that a poster here has perused our board and wants to come and garner some likes here by saying something that's partly false and partly a complete misrepresentation. We, like most boards I am sure, have our fair share of posters who overrate our departing players' value and underestimate those coming in because we all want to win the mock trade battle - and if posters are saying they don't want to part with Frosty for a pick in the 40s it's just because we value him higher this year given how much he's improved under Sam.

Your last point is apt though - I would much rather be dealing with Sydney in a trade than some of the pathologically ridiculous clubs out there.

Your last point is apt though - I would much rather be dealing with Sydney in a trade than some of the pathologically ridiculous clubs out there.

Just be thankful it isn't Dodoro mate. Think something like our F2 for your f3 or something like that would be reasonable. We may also get a 2nd for Parker if he leaves (Carlton linked). Hawks and Sydney have a fantastic working releationship we have done plenty of trades and most have been fair though the Mitchell deal still leaves me a little sour (was worth more at the time imo).

Frost has had a decent year but at 32, there are drawbacks. I still don't get why he'd come, he aint ahead of Melican/McCartin so is he coming to backup? Seems odd.

I've said this to a few people now, but have you ever considered taking a break from football? I don't mean this in a "you're not a fan unless you cheerlead" kinda way, but you genuinely don't seem to get any enjoyment from it.
Fair comment Shotties.
I think I need to be proven wrong.
Perhaps I shouldn’t post on here so as not to bother you guys with my mostly negative thoughts.
But it has come from being that overly positive poster on here only a few years ago. I actually was attacked for being too positive or as an apologist for the club.
The change for me was realising that it is near impossible to win a flag if you are an interstate team against a VIC team. Having to recruit a big name to put bums on seats. Keeping such players a year too long versus moving on a club legend like Buddy v ROK.

So then the final straw is an insipid effort in the 2022 GF.

So I don’t trust them………….. yet.
We are too busy trying to do the right things to look good off the field but are also capable of insipid efforts like the 112 point drubbing on the field.
I love the club but it’s time they prove me wrong & shove it up me & win a flag after 3 fails.
Apologies to everyone for my negative sideshow. I’ll let the team do all the talking from here.

Fair comment Shotties.
I think I need to be proven wrong.
Perhaps I shouldn’t post on here so as not to bother you guys with my mostly negative thoughts.
But it has come from being that overly positive poster on here only a few years ago. I actually was attacked for being too positive or as an apologist for the club.
The change for me was realising that it is near impossible to win a flag if you are an interstate team against a VIC team. Having to recruit a big name to put bums on seats. Keeping such players a year too long versus moving on a club legend like Buddy v ROK.

So then the final straw is an insipid effort in the 2022 GF.

So I don’t trust them………….. yet.
We are too busy trying to do the right things to look good off the field but are also capable of insipid efforts like the 112 point drubbing on the field.
I love the club but it’s time they prove me wrong & shove it up me & win a flag after 3 fails.
Apologies to everyone for my negative sideshow. I’ll let the team do all the talking from here.

Think most have those thoughts, Horse also has the tendacy to play half fit players, this will be a big test if we get through this week, can he swallow a bit of his ego and pick 22 fit players? I'm sort of here or there about the 112 point loss, we didn't need to win games after r20, we were just making sure we got through to finals with miles in our legs.

Will the draft compensation picks that are end of 1st round go after the draft assistance picks or before?

If you mean the Battle compensation for instance, St Kilda would receive band 1 (pick 9) it goes after their first selection. If it's end of first round (band 2) they are allocated in finishing order, so the only way we would drop is if Richmond received a band 2 comp and I don't think they are even in the market for one- all of Rioli/Graham/Bolton will be trades in the top 25/30, does not affect us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back