• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you mean the Battle compensation for instance, St Kilda would receive band 1 (pick 9) it goes after their first selection. If it's end of first round (band 2) they are allocated in finishing order, so the only way we would drop is if Richmond received a band 2 comp and I don't think they are even in the market for one- all of Rioli/Graham/Bolton will be trades in the top 25/30, does not affect us.
Thanks. Would be shocked if Battle drew band 1 compensation.
So the Swans will be picking, unless they trade, back-to-back, it's just a matter of whether its 19-20 or further down with academy/father-son.

Thanks. Would be shocked if Battle drew band 1 compensation.
So the Swans will be picking, unless they trade, back-to-back, it's just a matter of whether its 19-20 or further down with academy/father-son.

Battle is guaranteed to be band 1 just is with the figure he’s going for same figure as McKay last year. You have the Levi Ashcroft (lions), Kaka (Essendon NGA) and maybe one of the Camporeale twins that will be all the compromise in the first round this year. Second Carlton one will fall in the second round that’s irrelevant to us

If they're not offering him more than 1 yr that sounds like exactly why he would leave
At 30+ one year would be entirely reasonable from the club, especially if they succeed in getting Battle and Barrass in. With Sicily and Weddle in the team Frost becomes depth. So it's very reasonable for him to try for a longer contract elsewhere as he's good enough for some teams.

Fair comment Shotties.
I think I need to be proven wrong.
Perhaps I shouldn’t post on here so as not to bother you guys with my mostly negative thoughts.
But it has come from being that overly positive poster on here only a few years ago. I actually was attacked for being too positive or as an apologist for the club.
The change for me was realising that it is near impossible to win a flag if you are an interstate team against a VIC team. Having to recruit a big name to put bums on seats. Keeping such players a year too long versus moving on a club legend like Buddy v ROK.

So then the final straw is an insipid effort in the 2022 GF.

So I don’t trust them………….. yet.
We are too busy trying to do the right things to look good off the field but are also capable of insipid efforts like the 112 point drubbing on the field.
I love the club but it’s time they prove me wrong & shove it up me & win a flag after 3 fails.
Apologies to everyone for my negative sideshow. I’ll let the team do all the talking from here.
Take care Ted.

The change for me was realising that it is near impossible to win a flag if you are an interstate team against a VIC team.

This may be true but for me that's a reason to a) Go a bit easier on a club that is fighting an uphill battle better than any other "interstate" team in the AFL & b) to enjoy the ride a little bit more and be grateful to watch great players put on some great performances. Obviously the ultimate goal is a premiership but why not enjoy the ride too?

Anyway, we're probably heading a bit off topic, and that's no fun unless it's in the media thread where you can watch bedford lose his rag over it.

Battle is guaranteed to be band 1 just is with the figure he’s going for same figure as McKay last year. You have the Levi Ashcroft (lions), Kaka (Essendon NGA) and maybe one of the Camporeale twins that will be all the compromise in the first round this year. Second Carlton one will fall in the second round that’s irrelevant to us
I don't think it will be Camporeale(s) that go first round but Lombard will and there is a good chance that we bid on Marshall just to piss off Brisbane because we need our customary bid on a closed pool player. Suspect that it will float our pick out 5 picks so 23-24

I don't think it will be Camporeale(s) that go first round but Lombard will and there is a good chance that we bid on Marshall just to piss off Brisbane because we need our customary bid on a closed pool player. Suspect that it will float our pick out 5 picks so 23-24

Forgot Lombard yes. Think we bid on the Camporeale twin maybe Ben who I have fractionally ahead but much as. Marshall possibly not sure he suits us though and every one of our bids in the past have suited our side to be fair. Micheleney who everyone thought was a spite bid would literally have solved our second defender role. Rowston made sense local kid inside mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may be true but for me that's a reason to a) Go a bit easier on a club that is fighting an uphill battle better than any other "interstate" team in the AFL & b) to enjoy the ride a little bit more and be grateful to watch great players put on some great performances. Obviously the ultimate goal is a premiership but why not enjoy the ride too?

Anyway, we're probably heading a bit off topic, and that's no fun unless it's in the media thread where you can watch bedford lose his rag over it.

you're doing him a disservice ... he can lose his rag on any number of threads

Surely there's a better tall defender out there then Frost.. We already have a turnover merchant in McCartin, don't need another one.

On CET-AL00 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe we’ve “registered interest” in Frost to garner interest from other players - to let them know we’re interested in players such as Frost

Is the no DH policy still a thing at our club?
This is really poor reporting.

At the risk of being overly-sensitive - and certainly not to appear as though I am defending Stringer or Hind, both of whom are flogs - but without actually explaining who the so-called "undesirable" individuals are and why they are considered "undesirable", this kinda screams 'racial profiling'?

Because without that relevant information, all we have to go on are that non-Caucasian men were invited into the rooms after a game and the AFL considered it "undesirable." That honestly makes the AFL look bad, not the Essendon players in question.

Yes spot on.
Just need one more flag for all this dominance though.
Not the end of the world but it leaves me with not much good to say footy wise.
Anything less than a flag this year is a failure. I enjoy the season, but only 1 thing really counts as success/satisfying.

At the risk of being overly-sensitive - and certainly not to appear as though I am defending Stringer or Hind, both of whom are flogs - but without actually explaining who the so-called "undesirable" individuals are and why they are considered "undesirable", this kinda screams 'racial profiling'?

Because without that relevant information, all we have to go on are that non-Caucasian men were invited into the rooms after a game and the AFL considered it "undesirable." That honestly makes the AFL look bad, not the Essendon players in question.
Might be poor reporting by not naming the individual in question but that individual is a known gangland identity who has been convicted of manslaughter. You might be able to find the roaming Brian footage out there.

Dodgy acquaintances aside I do not like the idea of recruiting Stringer. His past indiscretions place him firmly in the ‘no dickheads’ category.

Might be poor reporting by not naming the individual in question but that individual is a known gangland identity who has been convicted of manslaughter. You might be able to find the roaming Brian footage out there.

Dodgy acquaintances aside I do not like the idea of recruiting Stringer. His past indiscretions place him firmly in the ‘no dickheads’ category.
See that feels like relevant context that should've been included.

See that feels like relevant context that should've been included.
Agree. Very relevant. Not sure if there are any legalities around naming the undesirable in question but it’s not a “nothing to see here” by any stretch. I can’t imagine the club would even be entertaining the prospect of bringing Stringer in after this has come to light. I really, really hope not anyway.

That seems a really weird leap of logic. I just assumed people with gang connections.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back