• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Him injuring his hammy running out to start the game in the VFL will go down in history
Poor bugger. He had that one season in 2022 where he looked like the second coming of Mummy otherwise spent his time injured or playing backup to first Goldstein then Gawn. Compared with Preuss, Reid looks durable.

Since Buckley started to play regularly for GWS, I've been so impressed by him. He has been overshadowed by Taylor and HH but I think he is every bit as good. Reads the ball beautifully in the air, had a good turn of speed and is tough. He actually sends off a Swans vibe and I think he would fit perfectly into our team. How did we ever let him slip from under our noses?

Now that him and the Heeney clan are best mates, let's make him an offer 🤣

Since Buckley started to play regularly for GWS, I've been so impressed by him. He has been overshadowed by Taylor and HH but I think he is every bit as good. Reads the ball beautifully in the air, had a good turn of speed and is tough. He actually sends off a Swans vibe and I think he would fit perfectly into our team. How did we ever let him slip from under our noses?

Now that him and the Heeney clan are best mates, let's make him an offer
Got Buckley's chance of getting Buckley.

Sign with the Swans and we will let him go east of Strathfield.

Buckley was in our academy.

This is really poor reporting.

At the risk of being overly-sensitive - and certainly not to appear as though I am defending Stringer or Hind, both of whom are flogs - but without actually explaining who the so-called "undesirable" individuals are and why they are considered "undesirable", this kinda screams 'racial profiling'?

Because without that relevant information, all we have to go on are that non-Caucasian men were invited into the rooms after a game and the AFL considered it "undesirable." That honestly makes the AFL look bad, not the Essendon players in question.
I don’t actually see the problem.

The AFL integrity unit gave a warning re: undesirable characters being seen in change rooms.

As they should, if they are indeed known to be dodgy characters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see Davis slipping, you may be right there, but he's in that 20-40 range with the latter being the latest. Think Gerryn goes way earlier than many think have him on my list (previous page). Ther are always a few that slip. For the record Finn O Sullivan is my slider and that's despite me rating him massively last year, clubs will stay away from him with his injury.
The reports that I had heard earlier is that there was a lot of talent all the way down to 30sh and there was not a lot of difference between those ranked 15-30.

The reports that I had heard earlier is that there was a lot of talent all the way down to 30sh and there was not a lot of difference between those ranked 15-30.

Sort of I have it being a high end first 25 then evens out very good top 40 ish. Second rounders this year were mid teens picks last year

Fair comment Shotties.
I think I need to be proven wrong.
Perhaps I shouldn’t post on here so as not to bother you guys with my mostly negative thoughts.
But it has come from being that overly positive poster on here only a few years ago. I actually was attacked for being too positive or as an apologist for the club.
The change for me was realising that it is near impossible to win a flag if you are an interstate team against a VIC team. Having to recruit a big name to put bums on seats. Keeping such players a year too long versus moving on a club legend like Buddy v ROK.

So then the final straw is an insipid effort in the 2022 GF.

So I don’t trust them………….. yet.
We are too busy trying to do the right things to look good off the field but are also capable of insipid efforts like the 112 point drubbing on the field.
I love the club but it’s time they prove me wrong & shove it up me & win a flag after 3 fails.
Apologies to everyone for my negative sideshow. I’ll let the team do all the talking from here.
Virtual 🤗

Battle is guaranteed to be band 1 just is with the figure he’s going for same figure as McKay last year. You have the Levi Ashcroft (lions), Kaka (Essendon NGA) and maybe one of the Camporeale twins that will be all the compromise in the first round this year. Second Carlton one will fall in the second round that’s irrelevant to us
Neither Camporeale kids in top 25. Lombard (GC) will be. A 3 place shift is guaranteed

Because without that relevant information, all we have to go on are that non-Caucasian men were invited into the rooms after a game and the AFL considered it "undesirable." That honestly makes the AFL look bad, not the Essendon players in question.

Five year jail term for manslaughter after shooting someone, the victim died.

If the information is correct, as I think it is, that's pretty undesirable

Fair comment Shotties.
I think I need to be proven wrong.
Perhaps I shouldn’t post on here so as not to bother you guys with my mostly negative thoughts.
But it has come from being that overly positive poster on here only a few years ago. I actually was attacked for being too positive or as an apologist for the club.
The change for me was realising that it is near impossible to win a flag if you are an interstate team against a VIC team. Having to recruit a big name to put bums on seats. Keeping such players a year too long versus moving on a club legend like Buddy v ROK.

So then the final straw is an insipid effort in the 2022 GF.

So I don’t trust them………….. yet.
We are too busy trying to do the right things to look good off the field but are also capable of insipid efforts like the 112 point drubbing on the field.
I love the club but it’s time they prove me wrong & shove it up me & win a flag after 3 fails.
Apologies to everyone for my negative sideshow. I’ll let the team do all the talking from here.
I always just thought you were a natural contrarian!

When the board is pessimistic, you are optimistic. And when the board is optimistic, you are pessimistic. Never hurts to have a contrarian to challenge the group think.

SWANS EYE HAWKS DEFENDER​

SYDNEY has registered interest in Hawthorn key defender Sam Frost.

The 31-year-old hit a trigger for a one-year extension earlier this season, but West Coast star Tom Barrass and unrestricted free agent Josh Battle have both committed to joining the Hawks in October.

Hawthorn has assured Frost there is a spot for him in Sam Mitchell’s backline in 2025, but there will be a selection squeeze with James Blanck also set to return from a knee reconstruction.

Frost produced a career-best season in 2024 before a stress fracture was discovered in his foot following the elimination final win over the Western Bulldogs.

After starting his career at Greater Western Sydney, where he played 21 games across three seasons, Frost has played 90 games for Hawthorn, following 70 appearances for Melbourne.

Frost turned 31 late last month but has the athleticism and professionalism to play for another few years in the AFL.

Sydney recruited Joel Hamling last October to provide coverage in defence, but the West Australian has been played as a forward in the VFL, with former top-10 pick Aaron Francis the next man in down back when Tom McCartin or Dane Rampe have been injured.

St Kilda is also understood to be interested in Frost to help cover the loss of Battle.
30+ year old ex-GWS player, now Melbourne-based player, got injured after some good form but not sure if they will have a starting position next year, they also want to extend their contract. Sounds like someone familiar we brought in last year!

In all seriousness, we need adequate depth if McCartin and or Melican go down or lose form, so I don’t mind us looking at stop-gap players at the right price.

I agree, but wouldn't be hard to report that information in the article?
disagree.. theres reasons not all the information that certain footy fans 'need' are reported..
In this case those reasons might be legal, or maybe even revolve around a grieving family?

It was a non-story that received more than enough coverage

30+ year old ex-GWS player, now Melbourne-based player, got injured after some good form but not sure if they will have a starting position next year, they also want to extend their contract. Sounds like someone familiar we brought in last year!

In all seriousness, we need adequate depth if McCartin and or Melican go down or lose form, so I don’t mind us looking at stop-gap players at the right price.

Still need a long term replacement preferably someone in the 26-27 age bracket.

Frost probably has 1-2 seasons left in him.

Still need a long term replacement preferably someone in the 26-27 age bracket.

Frost probably has 1-2 seasons left in him.
Club should be keeping tabs on Sam De Koning. Was upset about missing out last week and was again overlooked. It's a slim chance he becomes too disgruntled, but you just never know. Final year of his contract next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back